Thread: Fireman's "Electric Arguments" - NOT a Paul McCartnery bitch thread!!

Default Fireman's "Electric Arguments" - NOT a Paul McCartnery bitch thread!!

i'm just curious who's heard & what people think of the new album. i've read some really good reviews & heard the 30-second clips, but i'm curious if anyone's got some insight into this new work. i'm mostly intrigued by the fact that McCartney played every instrument & it was supposedly recorded in a single day (?!?)

as for a brief history, i also HATED the Beatles until just over a year ago -- mostly attributed to the "Hard Day's Night" karaoke parties hosted by my mom when i was a young teenager. that aside, as a musician myself, i had to come around & i dove straight into the deep end. of course, i'm much more of a Lennon fan & don't even know much of Paul's solo work, but i'm looking forward to seeing him and might consider buying this new CD if people are saying it's really that good....
    every day, every year

Default Re: Fireman's "Electric Arguments" - NOT a Paul McCartnery bitch thread!!

haha, McCartnery
    every day, every year

Default Re: Fireman's "Electric Arguments" - NOT a Paul McCartnery bitch thread!!

I think it's neat. It's definitely not the Beatles, but a good listen when I'm in the right mood. Not everyone will like it but I think that's obvious from the response thus far on these boards.

A Lennon person eh? That probably means you're MORE likely to like this album. I'm a Paul guy myself, so I'm super excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant View Post
    I walked straight in with a mixed drink in a 20oz Dixie cup in one hand, and an unopened beer in the other. I fully intended to toss them in the box, but CSC was waving and hurrying me through.

Hey Man. I know half the people here think it's lame but I like Paul. Out of all the beatles he's my favorite. I hate the beatles early stuff, and I haven't listened to anything off the new McCartney record but, I did here about the new album. I think it was that he wrote and recorded ten songs in ten days or something like that. Either way I found it to be an interesting concept.

But speaking of his beatles days has anybody here listened to Revolution 9?

I mean holy fuck. That is awesome and genius. It's even better backwards.

I'm excited and I don't care what all the stuck up narcissistic hipsters have to say. I like Paul McCartney so sue me.

If anything, the Paul haters will be in the minority. Paul is great. Period.

Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant View Post
    I walked straight in with a mixed drink in a 20oz Dixie cup in one hand, and an unopened beer in the other. I fully intended to toss them in the box, but CSC was waving and hurrying me through.

Electric Arguments is very different for Paul, but really good. And I think it was completed in 13 days, but I'm not sure.

I'm a Paul fan through and through--I flew to London in 2007 and saw him at the Roundhouse. So I'm sure as hell not going to miss seeing him when he's here in sunny CA!

Quote Originally Posted by BrettShipes View Post

Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    Haha good quote.

and yes I do believe it was 13 days.

he was just onColbert the other night and I remember the number.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstarboy37 View Post
    Haha good quote.

and yes I do believe it was 13 days.

he was just onColbert the other night and I remember the number.
    I loved the Colbert interview--thought it was hilarious!

He recorded it with Youth (from The Orb and Killing Joke)
    Paul would record a bunch of bits, and then Youth would assemble them all together.
    Despite the album name, it's not really all that electronic sounding. It is kinda spacey and trancey though (not the douche kind of trancey).
    I would totally love to see him do 20-30 minutes of Fireman stuff with a crazy psychedelic light show. I think it will happen.