Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DEPECHE MODE

Default DEPECHE MODE

I can see them headlining Saturday. Maybe a late-add? Like Prince like year...

Default Re: DEPECHE MODE

reach out and touch faith!

They were here 3 years ago I think...they also weren't that good, IMO.

no. not again. good performance though when they did play

SNORE!

Paul is dead

they won't be there....too bad as DM are wonderful live.

I don't think another headliner is super-likely for Saturday, but if it is, then I think this is a possibility (they're coming out with a new album, touring, etc.)

Really people, pay attention.

DM are starting their tour in early May. They are rehearsing in April in New York and Europe. They do not, nor ever have, nor ever will do one-offs.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

mschirmersf

There are many possibilities, but chances are that the lineup is finalized and that's that.
    If they were to add it would be nice to get Depeche Mode, the Pet Shop Boys(who have a new record out in March) or U2, but I say the chances are super slim. I've even heard rumors of Springsteen.

I like DM

they just headlined... as much as i love them, i just don't think that this will happen.

They'll be playing either Dodgers Stadium or Staples in the Fall. Not Coachella.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

So have the Cure, Morrissey, Bjork, RHCP, Rage, Tool, etc.

I was hoping for a return of DM since I missed them the 1st time.

Also, their album comes out 4/21 so it coincides with Coachella weekend.

*Keeping fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by the_last_laugh View Post
    So have the Cure, Morrissey, Bjork, RHCP, Rage, Tool, etc.

Also, their album comes out 4/21 so it coincides with Coachella weekend.

*Keeping fingers crossed
    Yes, this is the reason I still believe it will happen...

If you believe it could happen, you're not a Modie. Especially since Modies know that they didn't exactly like their Coachella experience. And they're not going to be in the US. And Dave can't handle breaks in his routine.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Really people, pay attention.

DM are starting their tour in early May. They are rehearsing in April in New York and Europe. They do not, nor ever have, nor ever will do one-offs.
    And who are you, Dave's junk dealer???

The Cure AND Depeche Mode... I don't think so.

Thank you, come again.

Banned

I think this is very possible but i kind of hope not

New Order

Quote Originally Posted by the_last_laugh View Post
    People: stop missing bands. They're not coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by mschirmersf View Post
    There are many possibilities, but chances are that the lineup is finalized and that's that.
    Is this your first time here? Not only is Coachella known for adding performers after the initial lineup is released, Psychic Friend herself posted earlier today and said there will be some additions. The lineup is far from finalized.
    If we're lucky something will happen. Some adversity will happen and something unexpected will happen and you'll get tired and you'll get hungry, you'll have trouble going to the bathroom, and you'll lose your car keys, and all these wonderful things will add up to some powerful experience that 10 years from now we'll say "We lived, we lived." - Wayne Coyne on Coachella

mschirmersf

Quote Originally Posted by Harrisment View Post
    Is this your first time here? Not only is Coachella known for adding performers after the initial lineup is released, Psychic Friend herself posted earlier today and said there will be some additions. The lineup is far from finalized.
    No this is year 7 for me. I guess I should be more clear. I'm just saying that there is a possibility that it could be finalized and that would be it. Just because they added in the past doesn't mean they will in the present. Coachella has always been the last weekend in April and look where it's at this year. The announcement used to be on February 1st and everyone was freaking out come January 15th because the announcement these days is expected mid-January. A lot can change. Coachella isn't about being stuck in one formula. Madonna? Are you kidding me? That's what I would have said in 04. Don't underestimate reality.

Quote Originally Posted by fac429 View Post
    And who are you, Dave's junk dealer???
    Dave is sober, asshole. I've been a rabid fan for almost 20 years.

So basically what I'm saying is: I know, and you don't, so go fuck yourself.

Agent Orange

Wishful thinking!

They're wonderful live.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Dave is sober, asshole. I've been a rabid fan for almost 20 years.

So basically what I'm saying is: I know, and you don't, so go fuck yourself.
    Actually, what you said was that you have a cleft asshole, you became a fan of Depeche Mode when Violator was released (like every other freaking person in the country), and you have a bizarre habit of taking jokes about bands you like personally.

I know Dave is sober. He has a right to take offense at my tasteless joke. You, on the other hand, may shove your your 7" red vinyl copy of "See You" right up your leather-jacketed ass.

Quote Originally Posted by mschirmersf View Post
    No this is year 7 for me. I guess I should be more clear. I'm just saying that there is a possibility that it could be finalized and that would be it. Just because they added in the past doesn't mean they will in the present. Coachella has always been the last weekend in April and look where it's at this year. The announcement used to be on February 1st and everyone was freaking out come January 15th because the announcement these days is expected mid-January. A lot can change. Coachella isn't about being stuck in one formula. Madonna? Are you kidding me? That's what I would have said in 04. Don't underestimate reality.
    PF already said they are adding though...more specifically to the Sahara which wouldn't include DM, but its far from "finalized".

Pet Shop Boys !
    Coachella 2015 Food Wish List
    Food Trucks: Germany's Famous Bratwurst, Fist of Fusion, Komodo, Oooh LaLa Crepes, Ludo Truck, Seoul Sausage, Vizzi Truck, Kogi BBQ

Restaurants: L' Atelier Cafe, Pho Vu, Le Vallauris, Tropicale, Pomme Frite, Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt, Crave, Cafe Scandia, Swiss Donut

WORLD of BEER
    Bring Back The Following:
    KazuNori, At Night + Market Song, Beer Belly, Mexicali, Crossroads, Baco Mercat, Stumptown

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    when does set times come out?

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    They'll be playing either Dodgers Stadium or Staples in the Fall. Not Coachella.
    They'll be selling out the rosebowl...

Quote Originally Posted by murmur741 View Post
    If they end up announcing a surprise add, I could see this happening. It would make more sense to have The Killers sub-headline under Depeche Mode; I think it works.
    (As Cap'n Asswipe):

"When I was working Martin's shaft he told me this would never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, happen. I know this because I am a bigger Depeche Mode fan than anybody. I wank off to my picture of Andy taped to my ceiling every night. Anyone who questions my ability to predict the future is a doo-doo head."

If they're going to add a surprise Saturday headliner, it's got to be a mega name like David Bowie or Bruce Springsteen. Depeche wouldn't cut it.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a