Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone see people passing out?

Default anyone see people passing out?

in line to get in?
    i remember in 02 the girls were passing out here and there. everywhere.

Default Re: anyone see people passing out?

I saw a guy pass out during the Magic Numbers set last year. He was fading in and out until his friends dumped a bottle of water over his head. He was ***tty much a goner after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post

I want to be on the forefront of change, so when the nippless revolution starts, I'm going to lead the charge.

i remember just last year in the mad fight to get out through the one open gate at the end of the evening an ambulance cart had to drive through a sea of shoulder-to-shoulder people. i just assume it was because some poor soul passed out. however, i admit i was not witness to anything. unfortunately.

plenty passed out in 04 - mainly cause Danny Devito was spotted eating Churros in a leopard speedo
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

zing!

I'm sorry, but how dumb to you have to be that you're so ill ***pared for the festival that you pass out.
    Water is $2 a bottle.
    Budget for water.
    Buy said water and drink it throughout the day.
    Worst case scenario, drink from the faucet.

Quote Originally Posted by boyalien0 View Post
    i remember just last year in the mad fight to get out through the one open gate at the end of the evening an ambulance cart had to drive through a sea of shoulder-to-shoulder people. i just assume it was because some poor soul passed out. however, i admit i was not witness to anything. unfortunately.
    I was in that crowd, right be the gate when it went through. I decided next year, if the crowd was like that, I too would "pass out" and have a "taxi" take me to my vehicle as well.

they probably consumed alcohol or other drugs or were idiots and didn't ***pare themselves for the heat. I never understood drinking at concerts. It seems like a terrible combo to me.

esp in the desert!
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Last year me and some guy helped carry a girl to the first aid tent after TVOTR...That's about it.

did u cop a feel?

In the line in 2004, we were there about 2 hours before the gate opened, near the front. At least one person threw up all over the place and was passing out. Seemed like too much partying the night before.

Leaving on the second night of 2006, saw a young man sprawled on the grass, with paramedics working on him. Not sure what happened there.

this guy passed out right next to me during Atmosphere set last year. Slug stopped right in the middle of the song and the kid got carried up to the front and watched the rest of his set from the side of the stage.

i saw Hare Krishnas passing out complementary books for a small donation in the parking lot

I was sweating up a store back in 2003 waiting in the huuge line to get in.. never happend since because of the camper entrance...

My friend passed out right before the Cure came on in '04. I had to pull him out of the crowd, all 230 lbs.
    Practicing active avoidance of cognitive dissonance since 1976.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmic hearse View Post
    i saw Hare Krishnas passing out complementary books for a small donation in the parking lot
    My friend and I both got one of those books. It provided some brief entertainment on the flight home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post

I want to be on the forefront of change, so when the nippless revolution starts, I'm going to lead the charge.

I remember someone at the Clap your hands and say yeah pass out in the photo area. Two security guys carried him out on their shoulders.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

it seemed like someone passed out every 5 mins in the first 50 feet from the mainstage after massive attacks set and during tool, i dont blame them, it was hot and sweaty as shit. There was also someone who was apparently having a heart attack, his wife and son were frantic to leave the crowd

In 2003 I passed out during Sonic Youth. It was still the heat of the day and I'm not used to desert weather and it doesn't help that I'm short so when standing in a closely knit crowd I rarely feel the fresh air. About halfway through the set I started feeling dizzy and then a little cold. I knew I needed to get some water. As I tried to make my way back through the crowd which had grown substantially since I had first stood there my knees started getting weak and my eyelids started getting really heavy. Suddenly I couldn't hold myself up anymore and "passed out" though I didn't loose conciousness or anything, just control of my major motor functions. Luckily, when I passed out there happened to be someone sitting on the ground near where I was and someone helped me lay hear them. The funny thing was it was a friend of mine who I didn't even know was there that day. I think she thought I did it on purpose.

But yeah, I drank water and got better. Now I don't stand in the crowd until the sun starts to set. The end.

ugh, yeah

i passed out during mogwai in 2006.

some guy woke me up and my friend had to lead me out of the crowd. i had no vision at the time, and he was practically blind from the lights during the show.

i also lost my hat.

That's weird seeing how their set was at night. Were you there all day in the crowd?

I've had some concert buddies pass out on me. On Day 1 of 2003, a girl I took to the show, first concert ever, passed out while waiting in line to get into the venue. We had brought 3 bottles of water just for waiting in line (we got there at 9:00 am, since it was my first Coachella and I wasn't too sure of protocol), but had gone through them by 10:30.

On Day 2 of 2004, another girl I took passed out during Muse's mid-afternoon set on the Main Stage. As those who were there remember, 2004 was the most brutal year heat-wise.

On Day 2 of 2006, both the guy and the girl I took were struggling during Matisyahu and The Magic Numbers, but they were able to stay coherent. We went under one of the food tents and had lots of fluids and cold things until Madonna's set, some 4 hours later.

Quote Originally Posted by JelloPuddingChat View Post
    That's weird seeing how their set was at night. Were you there all day in the crowd?
    yes, i was.

Talking Re: anyone see people passing out?

Quote Originally Posted by R3d Snapper View Post
    it seemed like someone passed out every 5 mins in the first 50 feet from the mainstage after massive attacks set and during tool, i dont blame them, it was hot and sweaty as shit. There was also someone who was apparently having a heart attack, his wife and son were frantic to leave the crowd
    I was one of those people. I'm pretty tiny and it was shoulder to shoulder with people. I'd like to think it was the sexiness of Massive Attack that got me, but it was that last cup' o wine probably.
    Feed us fetus fajitas.

Lurker

BECK in '04. Surprise addition in the smallest tent on the with the back of the tent facing west at 3pm --- I probably saw 20 people passed out and carried out of there...it was so hot his instruments weren't even working right...

I saw some white hippie guy with dreads pass out during D. Jr Gong Marley. His friends were helping him, and security jumped over the fence to make room so he can get air. He came to, the security left, he smoked some more weed, and everything was good.
    "my ovaries are bigger than your testicles"

"Procrastination is like masturbation...It feels good until you realize you're screwing yourself"

In 2005 I saw a guy passed out in the Sahara tent... at 4pm the first day. There was a pattern of projectile vomit on the tent wall behind his head.
    Yay for getting as drunk as you possibly can before entering a sweltering heat daytime festival!

I've seen people pass out every year I've been there. Every year....