Thread: ACTUAL Reviews of Every Band Playing Coachella This Year

Default ACTUAL Reviews of Every Band Playing Coachella This Year

I don't consider a review to be a one-phrase description of what you think the performer sounds like on record.

Rather, it would be an impressive (though monumental) achievement to actually be able to get a review of the live show of most of the bands playing this year from people who have actually witnessed the live show.

I don't know about you, but I have been to plenty of shows in which I have been blown away by how much better a performer has been live than in studio; likewise, I have been severely disappointed by a number of performers who have sucked live despite sounding great in studio.

That being said, I don't have a review of every band playing at Coachella this year (in fact, amazingly, I have only seen only one of this year's Coachella's peformers), but I reckon we could get a pretty substantial list going from people on this board.

To start off:

The Cure:

What to expect -- a decent mix of hits and non-hits. The Cure has a huge catalogue of songs, so unless you're a hardcore fan of the band, don't expect to be familiar with every song that is played. They might run through a nice string of stuff from an early album (for instance, the last time I saw them the second encore consisted of, in order, Three Imaginary Boy/Fire in Cairo/Boys Don't Cry/Jumping Someone Else's Train/Grinding Halt/10:15 Saturday Night/Killing an Arab).

What might surprise you: Though many of their hits are catchy, melodic, and relatively slow, the band plays LOUD in concert. Even some of their hits are sped up for the live show. Expect lots of heavy guitars and a pretty noisy show as a whole.

Default Re: ACTUAL Reviews of Every Band Playing Coachella This Year

as predicted by nostradamus

Default Re: ACTUAL Reviews of Every Band Playing Coachella This Year

Quote Originally Posted by matsuolost View Post

Fuck, and I actually SEARCHED for a similar thread.

Oh well, I'm retarded. Thanks for the link.