Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: OLDCHELLA

Default OLDCHELLA

I'm Sorry, I love coachella, and all of you know this.......but when has one of these headliners been relevant in the past 15 years (other than Mcartney, I would love to see that, KILLERS SUCK). NO SAHARA HEADLINERS, NO RELEVANT BANDS, and the lack of electronic music is sickening. I'm sorry coachella, you'll get your people in their 30's/40's trying to relive the past this year, but everyone knows the money is in the 14-25 age group, and none of these bands are that. I'm going to go see the cubs play on opening day in chicago for the first time and im using that money to get out of LA for once. Last year was close to dissapointing, but there were some saving graces. This year is right out.............
    DAFT PUNK SUCKS

"........and i can eat doritos and masterbate on my computer while you wait in the cold for tickets while the 20 people in front of you are trying to buy good charlotte tickets................"

Default Re: OLDCHELLA

FUCKING GIRL TALK IS ON THE THIRD ROW!!!!!
    DAFT PUNK SUCKS

"........and i can eat doritos and masterbate on my computer while you wait in the cold for tickets while the 20 people in front of you are trying to buy good charlotte tickets................"

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyM View Post
    FUCKING GIRL TALK IS ON THE THIRD ROW!!!!!
    Because he's not that good in the first place?

oldchella indeed

at least we have dj am - i wonder if he will wear thomas bangalter's helmet again

If Coachella was targetting the 14 - 25 age bracket, the cast of High School Musical would be headlining the Sahara and Miley Cyrus doing a DJ set would be headlining Friday night instead of Macca.

So shut the hell up.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    If Coachella was targetting the 14 - 25 age bracket, the cast of High School Musical would be headlining the Sahara and Miley Cyrus doing a DJ set would be headlining Friday night instead of Macca.

So shut the hell up.
    plus fall out boy and Lil Wayne
    '99-'11...

im 20 and i think this lineup is killer, so was last year, the year before and every other year. for me, coachella never ceases to impress
    as for the lack of electronic acts we already know there is more to come,
    Last edited by danteb; 01-30-2009 at 09:16 AM.

your face. shut it.

Quote Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
    plus fall out boy and Lil Wayne
    I'd prefer "oldchella" to that sort of "shit-chella."

Line up this year is good. If you don't like it, save your money for warped tour, weenie roast, or some other fucked up shit that sucks.

This guy's a douche...I hope you don't go...yayyyyy

shut up little kid

Examples please so we can make fun of them.
    99 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13!

Thanks for The Stone Roses and blur!!! Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Electrelane, Dum Dum Girls, SISU, HUM, American Analog Set, Unrest, Lush, Inspiral Carpets, th' faith healers and Chavez for 2014 please!

Quote Originally Posted by daft$tar View Post
    oldchella indeed

at least we have dj am - i wonder if he will wear thomas bangalter's helmet again
    I thought a.m. was burned like a hamburger...

oldchella huh, hmm thats what they said about last year....

and PF already said more sahara acts to be added SO CHILL
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

So shut the hell up.
    Thank you. Not to mention David Archuleta, Fall Out Boy (as mentioned), and all the other crap the "young" people are listening to nowadays. I may be in my 30s and therefore "old," but fuck it, I've still got far better taste than 9 out of 10 young people I come across.

Quote Originally Posted by daft$tar View Post
    oldchella indeed

Not to make fun of the guy, he's had a hell of a last few months, but really? Is he that big a deal to make a fuss over? He djs in LA all the time, and I wouldn't drive five minutes away to see him, let alone 3 hours. Still, the rest of the line up is amazing, with very few exceptions.

I'm Sorry, I love coachella, and all of you know this.......but when has one of these headliners been relevant in the past 15 years (other than Mcartney, I would love to see that, KILLERS SUCK). NO SAHARA HEADLINERS, NO RELEVANT BANDS, and the lack of electronic music is sickening. I'm sorry coachella, you'll get your people in their 30's/40's trying to relive the past this year, but everyone knows the money is in the 14-25 age group, and none of these bands are that. I'm going to go see the cubs play on opening day in chicago for the first time and im using that money to get out of LA for once. Last year was close to dissapointing, but there were some saving graces. This year is right out.............
    Why do people come to a rock festival and then complain that they cant rave and have all these huge name electro bands, when fucking Paul McCartney is on the bill? The Black Keys too! Jesus
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me. I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me. Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags.

DJ AM IS A HORRIBLE FUCKING DJ. NOBODY EVEN GAVE A SHIT ABOUT HIM UNTIL HE ALMOST DIED.

So shut the hell up.
    TRUTH!

Quote Originally Posted by drewdrewdrew View Post
    Why do people come to a rock festival and then complain that they cant rave and have all these huge name electro bands, when fucking Paul McCartney is on the bill? The Black Keys too! Jesus
    dont be ignorant, its not a "rock festival" its a music festival and electronic dance music has always had a large presence at coachella...look at the early days it was mostly edm. that being said PF has already said more sahara (dance acts) coming.

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicifyouwantit View Post
    dont be ignorant, its not a "rock festival" its a music festival and electronic dance music has always had a large presence at coachella...look at the early days it was mostly edm. that being said PF has already said more sahara (dance acts) coming.
    I do agree that they will add more. Thats fine. But Coachella is primarily a rock festival. In the beginning they didnt have the budget or following to get people like Waters, Prince, Macca, etc...so they settled for that shit. Look at the year where it was swamped with shitty hip hop.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me. I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me. Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.

everyone knows the money is in the 14-25 age group
    ahahahahhahahahaha!!
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

they chose those headliners to make money, they don't care what is good or bad out played out. they just want millions of dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by drewdrewdrew View Post
    I do agree that they will add more. Thats fine. But Coachella is primarily a rock festival. In the beginning they didnt have the budget or following to get people like Waters, Prince, Macca, etc...so they settled for that shit. Look at the year where it was swamped with shitty hip hop.
    so what you are saying is coachella has changed to your taste? and edm is just in the backround now soon to be forgotten...I disagree but that is fine. again its a music festival not a rock festival and people from all over the world come for edm there, many never leave the sahara/do lab/oasis dome...I'll leave it at that

2013 = 12 Coachellas

Yeah, cause the 14-25 age bracket is just rollin' in the dough.

Stay home dipshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by nbvwes View Post
    and maybe Radiohead would impress me if i had grew up on a farm... and i was retarded... but i didn't, so they don't...

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicifyouwantit View Post
    so what you are saying is coachella has changed to your taste? and edm is just in the backround now soon to be forgotten...I disagree but that is fine. again its a music festival not a rock festival and people from all over the world come for edm there, many never leave the sahara/do lab/oasis dome...I'll leave it at that
    Again, cant argue with that. But a majority of the people arent there for that. Unfortunately, they cater to the majority.

No, Coachella hasnt changed my taste, I have only gone the last two years.

Somebody please add Mutant Ninja Turtles for this whining bitch
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

look at some of these bands you people list, MBV, Black Keys (which i think are pretty cool), Iron & Wine........these bands cant even sell half the records some of these other bands can that have played coachella in the past! Listen no matter what I say I'm gonna be flamed by some 30somthing past life rocker guy who thinks that coachella is gonna rock this year cause he's gonna get to see bands he wish he did 20 years ago when they were all relevant, but for someone my age, which is 24, this line-up is complete garbage! Chemical Bros? Prodigy? Muse? Mars Volta? Sounds of animals fighting? ALL RELEVANT BANDS WITH NEW MATERIAL THAT IF GOLDENVOICE WOULD PONY UP THE CASH SHOULD BE THERE! Coachella used to be about the cutting edge of music (Daft Punk Pyramid), what everyone was going to be listening to for years to come! NOT JUST APPEAL TO PEOPLE THAT LISTEN TO MUSIC THATS OLDER THAN THEY ARE!!

OLDCHELLA!
    DAFT PUNK SUCKS

Quote Originally Posted by satori777 View Post
    I thought a.m. was burned like a hamburger...
    I just had a vision of Throbbing Gristle playing "Hamburger Lady" and sending DJ AM into some kind of post-traumatic stress syndrome.

.....and if you've only been the past 2 years.........you don't even KNOW WHAT YOU'VE BEEN MISSING! im a 5 year vet!!!!
    DAFT PUNK SUCKS