Thread: Airport?

Lurker

Default Airport?

Hey guys,

This will be my first Coachella and I was wondering what airport is the best to fly into? Palm Springs? Is it a quick taxi ride from there, or do I need to take a bus, or what?

Thanks a lot and I look forward to seeing you guys at the show!

Lurker

Default Re: Airport?

Nevermind, it was right there on the visitor info page. I'm such a goose, I totally missed it.

Anyways, see you guys at the show

depends where u are flying in from...palm springs doesn't have as much flights going in and out so its more expensive. LA is a bit cheaper but its something like a 2 hr drive out from palm springs so it's your preference. this yr i think im just gonna fly into palm springs so i dont gotta drive my rent a car that far.
    What happen if someone make a crime?

Quote Originally Posted by ToddThaGod View Post
    depends where u are flying in from...palm springs doesn't have as much flights going in and out so its more expensive. LA is a bit cheaper but its something like a 2 hr drive out from palm springs so it's your preference. this yr i think im just gonna fly into palm springs so i dont gotta drive my rent a car that far.
    Just so everyone knows, I've had the drive from LA take up to 3.5 hours. It all depends on traffic.

I like flying into SNA (John Wayne Airport -- Orange County) since -- for me -- it's usually cheaper than LAX, the drive is a hair closer, the traffic seems to be a bit better (still over 2 hours, though), and portions of the drive are prettier. Not by a lot, but enough for me.

LAX does have the highest amount of flight options, though.

Palm Springs is the best for convenience, but given the limited flights I'd fly in on Thursday if you really want to see a bunch of Friday bands. Nothing's worse than having the one non-stop flight of the day cancelled when you have plans that same day.