Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: THE BLACK KEYS

Default Re: THE BLACK KEYS

I approve of the Black Keys, seen them twice, both times were stellar.

Disclosure - October 12 - Reno, NV.
    Treasure Island Music Festival - October 19 - San Francisco, CA.
    Portugal, The Man - October 22 - Reno, NV.
    Cut Copy - October 31 - Reno, NV.
    Phoenix w/ Alt-J - December 5 - Reno, NV.

COACHELLA '07, '08, '09, '11, '13

Black Keys will kill it. LOVE them.. huge fan..

I agree though.. They should play with a full band. Have Danger Mouse play with them.

I'm a little confused with their placement on the poster though. This is their 3rd time at Coachella.. and they are billed after Beirut? Not really complaining but... yeah.. Beirut is too high.

I agree clumsy, I was expecting their name a little bigger, or a little higher or SOMETHING. They deserve to be before Conor Oberst.

and no to the "full band"! the black keys is dan and patrick and it will always be dan and patrick. having danger mouse play with them is a different story and I would cream everywhere if that were to happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    and no to the "full band"! the black keys is dan and patrick and it will always be dan and patrick. having danger mouse play with them is a different story and I would cream everywhere if that were to happen
    hmmm im confused.. you would "cream everywhere" if the black keys were to play with d.m., which i assume is an act accompanied by happiness, but yet you say "no" to the "full band" in the first sentence

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

and yeah although i dont know much about em id say keep it to 2 as well, 2 was enough for me. never felt like was something was lacking.. but then again, never heard em with a bassplayer

It can only be Dan, and Patrick. full band my ass, they make it sound like 10 people are up there with instruments.

wow, DEF this year's Black Mountain (except billed waaay higher)... the Mt. is more stoner, and the Keys are more bluesy, but very similar...

here's to The Black Keys NOT playing the mojave during Paul McCartney...

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocide View Post
    wow, DEF this year's Black Mountain (except billed waaay higher)... the Mt. is more stoner, and the Keys are more bluesy, but very similar...

here's to The Black Keys NOT playing the mojave during Paul McCartney...
    is this the first time you hear about the black keys? if anything Black Mountain was last years Black Keys. The Black Keys kill all in the indie blues-rock department. Also The Black Keys should be billed higher.

Quote Originally Posted by sexecutioner View Post
    PLEASE DO NOT HAVE THEM CONFLICT WITH SIR PAUL!!!

I don't mind skipping anybody else to see a living legend, but I've been trying to see the black keys for a while now, and it's always been bad timing when they come around. please don't fuck me over GV!
    I doubt anyone conflicts with McCartney except in the Sahara and Mojave. I guess it's possible, but I doubt it.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by jdaws View Post
    hmmm im confused.. you would "cream everywhere" if the black keys were to play with d.m., which i assume is an act accompanied by happiness, but yet you say "no" to the "full band" in the first sentence

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

and yeah although i dont know much about em id say keep it to 2 as well, 2 was enough for me. never felt like was something was lacking.. but then again, never heard em with a bassplayer
    Danger Mouse by himself is in no way a "full band"

They DO deserve to be billed higher
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

The Black Keys have the most raw sound. I love it. Can't wait. I'll be in front row.

If they conflict with Paul Ill kill myself.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me. I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me. Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags.

God damn...i'm making a playlist at last.fm and just heard the black keys. Now nothing else sounds good.
    “We've spent so much time judging what other people created that we've created very, very little of our own.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Choke

Quote Originally Posted by clumsy342 View Post
    Black Keys will kill it. LOVE them.. huge fan..

I agree though.. They should play with a full band. Have Danger Mouse play with them.

I'm a little confused with their placement on the poster though. This is their 3rd time at Coachella.. and they are billed after Beirut? Not really complaining but... yeah.. Beirut is too high.
    dude, you n me clumsy. hangin hard. im tellin you, danger and a band would make them so awesome. ive seen them twice, once at coach, by themselves and it rules but they could be a subheader w/ a backing band. they should be higher, they should at least be higher than beirut.

by the way, speaking of "blues" music, where is seasick steve? two gallants? white stripes? hahaha and the bb king rumors? ive seen bb and if willie can kick ass at coach so can he! willie was the shit, his sone played texas flood and i shit myself. and it was the second time i saw him! coachella this year is focusing too much on 80's band and synth-80s-type bands, heavy metal and shitty hiphop. i dont like it, signs and wonders. where's old crow medicine show, gillian welch, joanna newsom, the felice brothers or any good folk/ blues/ roots bands. SHAPE UP!

Good to see so much excitement about the keys around here.

Definitely one of the unsung heroes of the decade. IMO, they'll go down as one of the best blues artists of all time.

Seen em 3 times: in a small club when Rubber Factory came out, in a large venue after Magic Potion, and Coach 07. They never dissappoint.

For anyone on here who's not familiar with em, here's a brief description of each album:

The Big Come Up: Old school blues sound, minimalist approach, lo-fi
    Thickfreakness: Crunchier, more rock-based songs, higher energy
    Rubber Factory: Extremely catchy songs (many in commercials), probably their best
    Chulahoma: EP of Junior Kimbrough cover songs, slower, beautiful
    Magic Potion: A change in recording style, darker, more patient
    Attack & Release: Produced by Danger Mouse, wide range of sounds, extremely creative

Enjoy kids, see you at the show!

ive been into them for seven years... but one of the best blues artists of all time? they're all dead man. odetta was the last.

I realize that's kind of a dumb statement...and that they're more a rock band than "blues artists", but the fact is:

they play blues songs and they are AWESOME. it kind of works.

you can't really compare the guitar work to BB, Hendrix, SRV, Cray, Clapton or anything, so i guess they don't qualify. but any of those guys would have loved to write riffs like "the breaks", "aeroplane blues" or "black door".

you can't fuck with em!

Talking Re: THE BLACK KEYS

i dont count any of them really. i'm more of a delta blues/ acoustic blues/ pioneers guy as far as timelessness goes. i think in order to be one of the all-time greats of blues you have to have been sketched by r. crumb.

Quote Originally Posted by sexecutioner View Post
    PLEASE DO NOT HAVE THEM CONFLICT WITH SIR PAUL!!!

I don't mind skipping anybody else to see a living legend, but I've been trying to see the black keys for a while now, and it's always been bad timing when they come around. please don't fuck me over GV!
    there's no way. they'll be on the outdoor theatre at night for sure but probably during Moz or Franz.
    The White Stripes 9/18

they played during red hot 07

I wanna download some black keys, what album should I get
    Stevie Wonder, Jurassic 5!!, Magnetic Man, Pogo, Tycho, Tears for Fears 2013

Coach 06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13(1)
    Sasquatch 12
    Lolla 11(Chile)
    VOODOO 11
    Street Scene 07,08,09
    Rock the Bells 07

Definitely start with either Thickfreakness or Rubber Factory. That choice is yours, but it was Rubber Factory that introduced me to them. You won't regret it, I promise

Quote Originally Posted by killsunshine View Post
    I think they were after the chili peppers, no? I remember hearing some of the chili peppers as we waited around outside the tent during sparklehorse's set. After sparklehorse, we went in to get a good spot for the keys.

i want this conflict. tell me what you think.
    black keys on outdoor v silversun pickups main stage v felix da houscat sahara v penut butter wolf gobi v we are scientist mojave.
    Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Make up rumors of who's playing > keep track of who's confirmed > whine about where the lineup is > lineup announced! > bitch about how the lineup sucks > whine about what bands will be added > bands finally added! > whine about where set times are > set times finally announced! > bitch about how set times suck > goto show > come back and say Coachella was best ever! > start rumors for next year

Quote Originally Posted by killsunshine View Post
    they played during tiesto
    as predicted by nostradamus

and the good bad and the queen
    Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Make up rumors of who's playing > keep track of who's confirmed > whine about where the lineup is > lineup announced! > bitch about how the lineup sucks > whine about what bands will be added > bands finally added! > whine about where set times are > set times finally announced! > bitch about how set times suck > goto show > come back and say Coachella was best ever! > start rumors for next year

and the rapture
    as predicted by nostradamus

no bus

Damn i hope their not any conflicts with the black keys, which stage you think they`ll be on?

Sometimes you just have to go in realizing you're going to miss an act. In this case, it's required that you see the entire Black Keys set. Hopefully that tip resolves any conflict(s) you may have had.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Don't trust anyone that tries to make you listen to the Beach Boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    I doubt anyone conflicts with McCartney except in the Sahara and Mojave. I guess it's possible, but I doubt it.

in '07 they closed the mojave...
    my guess is they will close the outdoor this year....

be prepared for a conflict... i wouldn't expect they won't close a stage again

this is just a small prove of how creative these guys are....
    awesome dylan cover....

http://www.last.fm/music/The+Black+K...cked+Messenger