Thread: Will my cds melt?

Default Will my cds melt?

The title basically explains it all. If I bring my cds to the campground, will they melt from the heat? Im not up for buying an mp3 player and having it last four hours, when I can just bring my cd player and my cds.

Default Re: Will my cds melt?

I don't think so somehow

No. But if you leave them in your car, in direct sunlight, the plastic jewel boxes might warp. The CD's'll be fine.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Alright thanks.

Banned

What's a cd? Does that have something to do with finances? Why are you taking those to Coachella?

E

I wouldn't leave any CD-Rs in a closed car for the entire festival, because the heat might decrease their shelf life. Other than that, though, CDs should be fine.

CD= Compact Disc...I want something to listen to in the morning, at night and on the plane.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    What's a cd? Does that have something to do with finances? Why are you taking those to Coachella?

E

Yes it is going the way of vinyl and the cassette now. Cds are the new vinyl.. They sound better than mp3's anyway just like vinyl sounds better then cd's.... I need a new cd player cause I miss listening to it before going to sleep, now I have to put a mix on my comp every night so I can snooze... And I am kind of anti Ipod, yes its convinient but I like looking through liner notes and the excitement of buying a new release on tuesdays never gets old.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Yes it is going the way of vinyl and the cassette now. Cds are the new vinyl.. They sound better than mp3's anyway just like vinyl sounds better then cd's.... I need a new cd player cause I miss listening to it before going to sleep, now I have to put a mix on my comp every night so I can snooze... And I am kind of anti Ipod, yes its convinient but I like looking through liner notes and the excitement of buying a new release on tuesdays never gets old.
    Vinyl doesn't sound have a better sound quality than CD's. Some people just like the vintage sound better.

Ya, I am anti-Ipod too man. I have an MP3 player, but it is a Creative Labs one. It was like half the price, and I have been real happy with it. It actually broke one time, and I went to a creative labs factory that is located in my town, and they replaced it for me right on the spot. They actually gave me a nicer one than the one that broke. They must care alot about customer loyalty.

Cd's are the new mp3's
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Dudleyville, AZ (yes, it's a real place!)

people amaze me sometimes.
    I don't have anything clever to say right now.
    Tiff's Myspace

They will spontaniously combust.

lowfront

I love my ipod..

I think they will be fine.

I was gone for a good amount of time this past summer and left my car in the garage to bake for about a month and a half with about 20 CDs in the car.

Nothing happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by thaipod View Post
    I raped three children, did heroin, harrassed a horse, set fire to an emo kid, and stole a cart of churros.

THIS TRULY IS THE LAND OF THE FREE!!!