Thread: Ack! List of annoying stuff.

Default Ack! List of annoying stuff.

Ok, so I've been going to Coachella off and on since 2001, and even during years that I can't go, I still anxiously await the lineup. A man can dream right? But, here are some things that are really fucking annoying.

1) People making bullshit threads that are like 'Prodigy is playing' and then showing an iTunes screencap of prodigy playing on their computer.

2)ZOMG what is taking so long!!!1! Patience is a virtue. We are all anxious, excited, etc. but come on. We're talking about business decisions that are costing a company large sums of money. It doesn't just happen magically.
    EDIT: I do feel like most of the people pissed about not having a lineup yet are people who probably just went last year or something. The vets don't care, they know what's coming.

3)Instead of going into a stupid thread and posting about how stupid it is, just let it die. I would hope over time the cream would rise to the top, and the top 10 or so threads would be relevant in both the 'Lineup' and "Rumors' forums. This is clearly not the case.

4)People ripping the hell out of 'lurkers.' We all started somewhere. I haven't posted a ton; usually I post more during years I am attending. But damn, I don't even recognize half of the people that are in here with thousands of posts. Leave the lurkers be. Ignore if you don't like it. Me, I have shit to do.

5)Radiohead. Calm down people. We can still have a great festival without Radiohead (see: every Coachella aside from 2004). They are not the only band on earth. Because that would suck.

If I were Dani, I would have wiped the entire board once the graphics/layout changed, and archived the old topics for viewing only. Lay the moderator smack down. This board is just ridiculously packed with garbage right now.
    Last edited by Kiefer; 01-28-2009 at 07:42 AM.
    (makitron from the old board)

old school

Default Re: Ack! List of annoying stuff.

AGREED!!!!
    Though the lurkers who are assholes....kinda suck
    All other lurkers are cool

Quote Originally Posted by Kiefer View Post
    Ok, so I've been going to Coachella off and on since 2001, and even during years that I can't go, I still anxiously await the lineup. A man can dream right? But, here are some things that are really fucking annoying.

1) People making bullshit threads that are like 'Prodigy is playing' and then showing an iTunes screencap of prodigy playing on their computer.

2)ZOMG what is taking so long!!!1! Patience is a virtue. We are all anxious, excited, etc. but come on. We're talking about business decisions that are costing a company large sums of money. It doesn't just happen magically.
    EDIT: I do feel like most of the people pissed about not having a lineup yet are people who probably just went last year or something. The vets don't care, they know what's coming.

3)Instead of going into a stupid thread and posting about how stupid it is, just let it die. I would hope over time the cream would rise to the top, and the top 10 or so threads would be relevant in both the 'Lineup' and "Rumors' forums. This is clearly not the case.

4)People ripping the hell out of 'lurkers.' We all started somewhere. I haven't posted a ton; usually I post more during years I am attending. But damn, I don't even recognize half of the people that are in here with thousands of posts. Leave the lurkers be. Ignore if you don't like it. Me, I have shit to do.

5)Radiohead. Calm down people. We can still have a great festival without Radiohead (see: every Coachella aside from 2004). They are not the only band on earth. Because that would suck.

6) Kiefer

If I were Dani, I would have wiped the entire board once the graphics/layout changed, and archived the old topics for viewing only. Lay the moderator smack down. This board is just ridiculously packed with garbage right now.

I was just going to add my name to this list..

so, lolwut.

can we has an edit?

ahhh. i hate lists of annoying stuff.

so annoying!
    I'm a loner Dottie, a rebel.

"hate everything but keep reading cus it feeds my empty soul"

- Thom Yorke 2003

yes its full of garbage now.. it will pass, like a bad cold. i am taking posting rights away from people left and right.

who will be next?

hmmmmmmmm
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

I revel in the flux.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiefer View Post
    People don't rip "lurkers" because they are "lurkers". They rip them because hundreds of people are joining all the time, and many of them choose to make themselves known by...

1)writing incoherent garbage...
    2)starting "hilarious" joke threads that are exactly the same as the jokes posted yesterday and the day before and the day before...
    3)trying to start inane rumors...
    4)attacking people at random...
    etc...

It's the old "you only get one chance to make a first impression." Every once in a while, a new member will post something funny or useful or informative right off the bat, and they usually get praised. But most people don't get recognized either positively or negatively. They just start out by joining conversations and contributing something, and eventually they just become a name that people recognize.

They don't get ripped for being new. They get ripped for acting like idiots. If your best friend is being a jerk, you're going to be more forgiving than if a total stranger walks in your home being a jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    yes its full of garbage now.. it will pass, like a bad cold. i am taking posting rights away from people left and right.

who will be next?

hmmmmmmmm
    I will, teacher! Stay after class too. And dont mind spankings.

stay classy, marooko.
    (makitron from the old board)

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    People don't rip "lurkers" because they are "lurkers". They rip them because hundreds of people are joining all the time, and many of them choose to make themselves known by...

1)writing incoherent garbage...
    2)starting "hilarious" joke threads that are exactly the same as the jokes posted yesterday and the day before and the day before...
    3)trying to start inane rumors...
    4)attacking people at random...
    etc...

I agree, I'm a lurker, but as a lurker I try to avoid starting threads, and not posting utter shite (unless I'm drunk of course) onto existing ones! It's not that difficult to fit in, I find the board very easy to get a long with!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by davidbarr View Post
    I agree, I'm a lurker, but as a lurker I try to avoid starting threads, and not posting utter shite (unless I'm drunk of course) onto existing ones! It's not that difficult to fit in, I find the board very easy to get a long with!

Dave
    You are a member, not a lurker.

When I get annoyed, I eat....

Memorial_07

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    People don't rip "lurkers" because they are "lurkers".
    I only rip on a few because they post stupid and pointless threads on info we already knew about over and over again

It's annoying

what kind of earth shattering and entertaining threads are some of you making? I'm sure lurkers will get to a +1000 posts like some of you in the same way.....by posting sarcastic and ironic replies......and thats one more for me

Quote Originally Posted by davidbarr View Post

Dave
    See...

And when we call people "lurkers", we are referring to the title under their name. Neither Kiefer or David are "lurkers", despite the fact that they may read much more often than they post.

I think you only need 10 or 20 posts to become a "member". The people getting flamed are people who joined 18 seconds ago specifically to post something awful.

Quote Originally Posted by iloveorangejuice View Post
    what kind of earth shattering and entertaining threads are some of you making? I'm sure lurkers will get to a +1000 posts like some of you in the same way.....by posting sarcastic and ironic replies......and thats one more for me
    I don't think anyone here has a problem with sarcasm. If they did, they wouldn't last 5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post

who will be next?

hmmmmmmmm
    How exciting!

Sparks; your avatar is excellent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    Sparks; your avatar is excellent.
    Captain Funkaho deserves the credit, I just did the work.