Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Keeping the Gorillaz rumor alive.

  1. #1
    Member newalias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    488

    Default Keeping the Gorillaz rumor alive.

    http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/articl...-jamie-hewlett

    GREAT Interview.

    "Pitchfork: I don't know if you've heard this, but there's a rumor that--
    DA: I pulled the fire alarm.
    Pitchfork: Yeah, that the fire alarm went off at their London show, and you had pulled the plug on them and took off.
    DA: No, I did pull my trousers down, but that's because I had an altercation with the doorman. He wouldn't let me take my drink out. I did leave as the plug was pulled, but it wasn't me and it wasn't anything to do with me.
    Pitchfork: Well, it's a good story, anyway."

    I am saying a little Coachella prayer for a Gorillaz live show.
    An elegant death by glow sticks.

    ...05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13' and counting...

  2. #2
    Member patricksw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    los angeles ca
    Posts
    438

    Default Re: Keeping the Gorillaz rumor alive.

    Quote Originally Posted by newalias View Post
    http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/articl...-jamie-hewlett

    GREAT Interview.

    "Pitchfork: I don't know if you've heard this, but there's a rumor that--
    DA: I pulled the fire alarm.
    Pitchfork: Yeah, that the fire alarm went off at their London show, and you had pulled the plug on them and took off.
    DA: No, I did pull my trousers down, but that's because I had an altercation with the doorman. He wouldn't let me take my drink out. I did leave as the plug was pulled, but it wasn't me and it wasn't anything to do with me.
    Pitchfork: Well, it's a good story, anyway."

    I am saying a little Coachella prayer for a Gorillaz live show.
    I'll pray for you if you pray for me. POE 09.

  3. #3
    Member newalias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    488

    Default Re: Keeping the Gorillaz rumor alive.

    Sounds like a plan.
    An elegant death by glow sticks.

    ...05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13' and counting...

  4. #4
    Member patricksw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    los angeles ca
    Posts
    438

    Default Re: Keeping the Gorillaz rumor alive.

    Quote Originally Posted by newalias View Post
    Sounds like a plan.
    I'm doing a nationwide prayer circle for Poe at midnight. Join. p.

  5. #5
    Member newalias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    488

    Default Re: Keeping the Gorillaz rumor alive.

    Quote Originally Posted by patricksw View Post
    I'm doing a nationwide prayer circle for Poe at midnight. Join. p.
    LOL for sure.
    An elegant death by glow sticks.

    ...05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13' and counting...

  6. #6
    Member Casino Logic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hoffville
    Posts
    294

    Default Re: Keeping the Gorillaz rumor alive.

    BUMP it up!

    It's not a rumor, its true!

    My second cousin, twice removed, on my fatherís side, knows a guy that works at a gym, where a record executive exercises at once every six months, and he said he heard from a studio engineer that worked on the Jonas Brother's album, it is GURANTEED! I don't care what any of you say, it's true!

    Just kidding. Sorry. I do hope they play though.

    I'm thinking No Radiohead or Daft Punk makes Gorillaz more likely. I mean they probably tried to get all of them or a couple of them at one point or another and they should at least get one of them... Or Bowie. Please?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Keeping the Gorillaz rumor alive.

    Quote Originally Posted by Casino Logic View Post
    BUMP it up!


    I'm thinking No Radiohead or Daft Punk makes Gorillaz more likely. I mean they probably tried to get all of them or a couple of them at one point or another and they should at least get one of them... Or Bowie. Please?
    Not sure I follow this logic....but Gorillaz is one of the few "hard to get" acts that hasn't been confirmed NOT to be there.

    that was too many negatives...sorry

  8. #8

    Default Re: Keeping the Gorillaz rumor alive.


  9. #9
    Guest
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, Dallas, Phoenix.
    Posts
    400

    Default Re: Keeping the Gorillaz rumor alive.

    Quote Originally Posted by newalias View Post
    http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/articl...-jamie-hewlett

    GREAT Interview.

    "Pitchfork: I don't know if you've heard this, but there's a rumor that--
    DA: I pulled the fire alarm.
    Pitchfork: Yeah, that the fire alarm went off at their London show, and you had pulled the plug on them and took off.
    DA: No, I did pull my trousers down, but that's because I had an altercation with the doorman. He wouldn't let me take my drink out. I did leave as the plug was pulled, but it wasn't me and it wasn't anything to do with me.
    Pitchfork: Well, it's a good story, anyway."

    I am saying a little Coachella prayer for a Gorillaz live show.

    YOU HAVE MY 100% APPROVAL ON THIS.

  10. #10
    Guest
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, Dallas, Phoenix.
    Posts
    400

    Default Re: Keeping the Gorillaz rumor alive.

    bump

  11. #11

    Default Re: Keeping the Gorillaz rumor alive.

    lol

  12. #12
    Member Casino Logic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hoffville
    Posts
    294

    Default Re: Keeping the Gorillaz rumor alive.

    Sorry... just doin what the thread says.

    Thank You PT in advance for bringing this to Coachella '09... EPIC!


  13. #13
    old school DFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    la
    Posts
    2,518

    Default Re: Keeping the Gorillaz rumor alive.

    Damon was there 2 years ago...don't know how he feels about returning to Coachella so soon? But i do support this thread.

  14. #14
    man-homie obzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cacapoopoopeepeeshire
    Posts
    16,002

    Default Re: Keeping the Gorillaz rumor alive.

    no.

  15. #15
    Member ArcadeParade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    wpg
    Posts
    1,765

    Default Re: Keeping the Gorillaz rumor alive.

    YES

  16. #16
    Member ELPOLLOLOCO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: Keeping the Gorillaz rumor alive.

    One of their vocalist is bizarre...but I love this song:


  17. #17

    Default Re: Keeping the Gorillaz rumor alive.

    http://stereogum.com/archives/dj-dam...-1_045861.html

    Best part is the blurb about Band of Horses near the bottom left.

  18. #18
    Member skavron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Guadalajara, MX.
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: Keeping the Gorillaz rumor alive.

    Quote Originally Posted by Casino Logic View Post
    BUMP it up!

    It's not a rumor, its true!

    My second cousin, twice removed, on my fatherís side, knows a guy that works at a gym, where a record executive exercises at once every six months, and he said he heard from a studio engineer that worked on the Jonas Brother's album, it is GURANTEED! I don't care what any of you say, it's true!

    Just kidding. Sorry. I do hope they play though.

    I'm thinking No Radiohead or Daft Punk makes Gorillaz more likely. I mean they probably tried to get all of them or a couple of them at one point or another and they should at least get one of them... Or Bowie. Please?
    Terrible joke. But yeah, bring those monkeys in! Better if Blur comes as well

  19. #19
    Coachella Junkie Alchemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    9,113

    Default Re: Keeping the Gorillaz rumor alive.

    Quote Originally Posted by ELPOLLOLOCO View Post
    One of their vocalist is bizarre...but I love this song:

    That's a guest. They're all guests. Actually, that bizarre drunkard is from Happy Mondays.





    I think it would be awesome if Damon Albarn had a performance of Monkey and Mali Music on Friday, Gorillaz on Saturday, and Blur on Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

  20. #20
    Member shmamber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    191

    Default Re: Keeping the Gorillaz rumor alive.

    It would be very cool. He did say they would be in Syria working on their new album, so if things go extraordinarily well...it could be a possibility. Not sure they would commit to it just yet though--you know? Damon's got a lot on his plate.

    But hoping!

  21. #21
    Memorial_07
    Guest

    Default Re: Keeping the Gorillaz rumor alive.

    I'm all for gorillaz.

    put them on after the killers

Similar Threads

  1. Here's to Hoping for 3 Straight Years of My Name Keeping Gwen Stefani Away!
    By NoGwenPlease in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-24-2009, 03:26 PM
  2. Keeping your tent grounded...
    By Vic Viper in forum Camping/Lodging
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-22-2008, 02:25 PM
  3. Keeping the tent cool?
    By BrettShipes in forum Camping/Lodging
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 03-06-2008, 05:17 PM
  4. Replies: 81
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 12:51 PM
  5. KEEPING TABS ON THE CONFIRMATIONS!
    By C DUB YA in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 145
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 09:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •