Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Godspeed You! black emperor??

Default Godspeed You! black emperor??

I know it seems like a long shot but shit.. that would be an amazing surprise

Default Re: Godspeed You! black emperor??

You deserve to choke on the fattest of dicks.

Big time fail.

Panic! At the Disco
    Yuko Imada

In response to Best foods at Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by migration View Post
    definatly the churros. I like them more than d-land churros. I buy two and eat them at the same time stacked. this year I am going to count how many I purchase.
    Interesting...

When did Godspeed get uncool?

Quote Originally Posted by billypilgrimisunstuck View Post
    When did Godspeed get uncool?
    Good question. I don't think there's a single band in the world I want to see more than them.

They have been and will be one of my fav's. They would never play coahella, its not their gig... that is if they even played anymore.

As for the other weird ass responses, I have no idea... and frankly if they are "uncool" then that is fine by me. I listen to music I love, not cool music.

Hey! How about Lightspeed Champion? Fuck.
    Upcoming Shows

Budgetchella Here I come!

They've been on hiatus for 6 years or so. I would certainly welcome a return.

They could dig up Jimi Hendrix's old bones, slap some stem cells on that bitch, and people would still talk shit and shout "fail" if he was going to play Coachella.

Nice idea, but that I can't imagine that would ever happen.

The chances of them even playing again are insanely scarce, but if it were to happen, it really wouldn't be at Coachella...for so very many reasons. A good number of those reasons litter these pages, but sadly those reasons are beyond a few meatheads.

Am I really the only one who would sell his left nut for a Silver Mt. Zion performance?!

They'd never play either, too corporate. But God. They'd just destroy. Probably equivalent to that of a Godspeed set, actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Put a boombox playing Sarah McLachlan behind a fan, call it a day.

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

People only got in to them when Thom Yorke discovered boring music in 1999 and wondered why he had wasted so much of his life up until that point not making any. After which, he wouldnt shut up about it/them.

So peeps pretended for about 18 months to be really in to atmospheric 20 minute "room sound" epics that didnt really go anywhere at all....until no one was looking.
    At that point they either soild their CDs or (more likely) left them out in conspicuous places for visitors to see so that they would know how smart and cultured they were.

Around the Gulf War, GYBE issued a political statement online about how you should never leave the house as city sidewalks are made with the same concrete that is used to create the buildings that the people that make bombs meet in and that that level of material support for economic imperialism and global jingo-industrial-hegemonenocidery is impossible to divorce from dropkicking limbless Congolese orphans into a bonfire yourself.

Naturally this led to their inevitable breakup, allowing them to focus more sharply at an individual level on being insufferably obtuse.

So sure, bring em to the fest so we all have a "cred" act to pretend to like just after lunch. Probably in the Gobi. I'll bring my constipated look and a copy of whatever pretentious volume the hipsters are pretending to read right now. I will be pretending to read it at a right angle to my chest so that its conspiciously visible to the rest of the crowd

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    People only got in to them when Thom Yorke discovered boring music in 1999 and wondered why he had wasted so much of his life up until that point not making any. After which, he wouldnt shut up about it/them.

So peeps pretended for about 18 months to be really in to atmospheric 20 minute "room sound" epics that didnt really go anywhere at all....until no one was looking.
    At that point they either soild their CDs or (more likely) left them out in conspicuous places for visitors to see so that they would know how smart and cultured they were.

Around the Gulf War, GYBE issued a political statement online about how you should never leave the house as city sidewalks are made with the same concrete that is used to create the buildings that the people that make bombs meet in and that that level of material support for economic imperialism and global jingo-industrial-hegemonenocidery is impossible to divorce from dropkicking limbless Congolese orphans into a bonfire yourself.

Naturally this led to their inevitable breakup, allowing them to focus more sharply at an individual level on being insufferably obtuse.

So sure, bring em to the fest so we all have a "cred" act to pretend to like just after lunch. Probably in the Gobi. I'll bring my constipated look and a copy of whatever pretentious volume the hipsters are pretending to read right now. I will be pretending to read it at a right angle to my chest so that its conspiciously visible to the rest of the crowd

Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Put a boombox playing Sarah McLachlan behind a fan, call it a day.

One of the best songs ever...

THE RAMONES

Memorial_07

you mean the ramone?

Quote Originally Posted by pancakespancakes View Post
    Am I really the only one who would sell his left nut for a Silver Mt. Zion performance?!

They'd never play either, too corporate. But God. They'd just destroy. Probably equivalent to that of a Godspeed set, actually.
    No. Have seen them both, and both were/are sublime. ASMZ probably edged it, if I can bring myself to say that.

It's rare enough that they play in the US, it's certainly not going to be a festival like this. I can't imagine them playing any US festivals beyond ATP.

Who knows what's happening with them now anyway with last year's line-up changes.... Part of me worries that they too will be shelved like God's Pee...

Quote Originally Posted by Memorial_07 View Post
    you mean the ramone?
    THAT WAS THE JOKE YES

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    One of the best songs ever...

love it.

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGERNICK View Post
    THEY BROKE UP, MORON.
    Who is the moron?

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/articl...tely-broken-up

Why does everyone rag on Pitchfork when they are the most reliable for music news

the reviews are stupid but they are always reliable

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Why does everyone rag on Pitchfork when they are the most reliable for music news

the reviews are stupid but they are always reliable
    Because he's a moron with nothing else to say. Whatever the response, he was would have come up with the same crap. That happens when you don't have two brain cells to rub together.

Nevermind. This guy gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGERNICK View Post
    THEY BROKE UP, MORON.
    You're mean and stupid, go away.

Nailed it.

Banned

you are my hero

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

Godspeed have some of the most jaw-dropping, shiver-inducing musical build-ups ever composed. To claim otherwise is to reveal that you gave up on them too quickly.

They're one act I'm positive I will never see at Coachella. But I'm hoping against hope I get a chance sometime, wherever it might be.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

And on that quote, I belive this thread should pretty much be done.

I don't think this thread should be done with.

GY!BE is an amazing band, and no I'm not a fucking hipster. I have loved them for years, and will continue to listen to them. I'm huge on the whole post-rock movement.

And seriously, East Hastings totally made the end of 28 Days Later.