Thread: Local Alternatives to Lake Cahuilla and On-Site Camping?

Exclamation Local Alternatives to Lake Cahuilla and On-Site Camping?

Hey guys,

It seems like there are a bunch of people still looking for a nearby campsite. Joshua Tree is far away and Salton Sea looks spectacularly creepy (I'm actually rather drawn to its surreal charm) so where else are people camping?!

It seems very hard to find any decent information on nearby campsites, or I'd just dive in. Any current/past festival goers or locals have any recommendations?

I'm going with 3 friends, all from New York. We'll be the kids singing and screaming and stripping. You know the types. So let's make this happen. Let's get this BOOKED!

Cheers,
    Ian

Default Re: Local Alternatives to Lake Cahuilla and On-Site Camping?

what's wrong with the onsite camping?
    just curious, this is my first year going to coachella.

i have tried for hours searching the internet to find information on nearby camping and have posted it all on the OFFsite camping page. There are some local camping headquarters to call for help too. If you find anything else let me know so I can add it.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

elllo ello,

thanks for getting back to me guys. to answer your questions:

stelleto16: on-site camping is a tad restrictive. no cooking and no outside booze means you get price raped, no pets means no animal sacrifices, and no lake or pond and an enforced age limit means no opportunity to float around under the stars with some divine piece of underage festival-going ass. besides, it's cheaper!

psychic friend: i'm not aware of an off-site camping page, other than the one on the main coachella.com site. is that it? i was actually looking for more than a list of sites, i wanted opinions and knowledge of impending camraderie! but i'm impatient. so, i actually JUST made a reservation at Shadow Hills RV Resort... awaiting confirmation.

so yeah, that's the deal - come camp with us at Shadow Hills! it's right by lake chihuahua-wotsit, 6 miles from the polo fields, and hopefully full of old folks who have years of experience getting down.

Brooklyn, represent.

cheers,
    ian

Lurker

If I leave to go party at other campsites can I get back into mine later on or in the morning?

Hey Ian,

Party with us at lake cahuilla, that is where all the fun is.. leave the old folks and find us! Two campsites (one you can purchase, trade, or borrow from us) with a cute dog, not to be sacrificed.

anna~

how are people getting from these off site camping places to the show? I don't really care to drive 6 or 28 miles that some of these are showing.

Actually most of the older group start to leave for the season but last year we had about 500 Coachella goers all camped out at the park. We are also having a taxi service that will be making trips to and from the park from $20 - $30 dollars depending on traffic.
    Last edited by paula; 03-19-2008 at 09:45 AM.