Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how did you lose your shoes?

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Question how did you lose your shoes?

this is the thread where you tell me the story of the time you lost your shoes.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Default Re: how did you lose your shoes?

--Vegoose 2007--

Day 2 of Vegoose- Rage is the headliner for the day. It's Vegas so its hot plus I'm from Hawaii so I always where slippers. I remembered to bring my shoes on day one but day two I pulled into the parking lot and hopped out of the car only to realize I had my slippers on and was about to embrace the crowd for Rage. Mary Jane cured my worry about the shoes in the end but of course, about two minutes into the show they were gone. There was no chance of them staying on my feet. Not only did I lose my slippers but my wallet as well. The field was muddy from all of the beer being split on the grass so it was a pretty unpleasant feeling the entire show. After the show I had to at least try and look for my wallet. There was a giant pile of shirts, shoes, mud, wallets, hats, jackets...you name it, it was in the pile at the front of the crowd after the crowd dispersed. So with A LOT of luck and some help from others who also had items MIA, I found not only my slippers but my wallet as well! Win! Except for the very bloody feet...

Vegas- poker game...along with my shirt!!!
    Coachella Vet. 03,05,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,and 14

I mistook my Hobbit shoes for my own feet.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    I mistook my Hobbit shoes for my own feet.

man, those things are disgusting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    i think i would rather suck AIDZ out of gary colemans nutt.

you should see my feet

Well. One time I ate a ton of mushrooms, and we were sitting in my friend's garage by the intercoastal. Anywho, long story short, I machette'd a coconut open, and walked around the shore thinking I was robenson caruso or some shit. I climbed up on this busted down dock that got sort of wrecked in a hurricane, and gave my self a bunch of gnarly splinters.

I made it back to my apartment, but I was sans-shoes. I guess after the sun went down and I started freaking out, that was lower on the priority scale.

I miss those shoes too. They were Ben Sherman slip-ons that they don't make anymore. Oh well.
    "Beer summit '09"

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Incase you can't find it, it's called Obamachusetts.
    State Tree: The Man-Eating Tree.
    State Bird: The Dragon.
    State Song: Bring Da Ruckus.
    Population: Awesome.
    Abortions: Yes.

Someone walked off with my shoes from a party thinking they were his even though they looked nothing alike and his shoes (which I had to take cuz it was winter) were a size bigger.

During the MIA cluster fuck my shoes came untied and I decided to save my life and let my shoes go because they were being pulled in all different directions. I eventually found them again at the end of the night but they were destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by STANDARD_911 View Post
    --Vegoose 2007--

Day 2 of Vegoose- Rage is the headliner for the day. It's Vegas so its hot plus I'm from Hawaii so I always where slippers. I remembered to bring my shoes on day one but day two I pulled into the parking lot and hopped out of the car only to realize I had my slippers on and was about to embrace the crowd for Rage. Mary Jane cured my worry about the shoes in the end but of course, about two minutes into the show they were gone. There was no chance of them staying on my feet. Not only did I lose my slippers but my wallet as well. The field was muddy from all of the beer being split on the grass so it was a pretty unpleasant feeling the entire show. After the show I had to at least try and look for my wallet. There was a giant pile of shirts, shoes, mud, wallets, hats, jackets...you name it, it was in the pile at the front of the crowd after the crowd dispersed. So with A LOT of luck and some help from others who also had items MIA, I found not only my slippers but my wallet as well! Win! Except for the very bloody feet...
    Wicked first post.
    Chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot piiiieeeeeeeee!

-During RATM at coachella 07
    I was in the middle craziness when one of my shoes came off. For the next 30 mins I "danced" and had my foot was smashed by the other thousands of people around me. I then stepped on my shoe and a few guys boxed out the area so i could reach down and put it back on.

at a house party when i was 20ish I ended drinking a little to much and the next thing i know instead of driving i decided to walk home. Next thing I remember was my friend pulling over on the side of the road and picking me up. When I got into the car he asked why I only had one shoe on. I really dont know where the other one went or how i didnt notice it was gone.

I was in the middle craziness when one of my shoes came off. For the next 30 mins I "danced" and had my foot was smashed by the other thousands of people around me. I then stepped on my shoe and a few guys boxed out the area so i could reach down and put it back on.

at a house party when i was 20ish I ended drinking a little to much and the next thing i know instead of driving i decided to walk home. Next thing I remember was my friend pulling over on the side of the road and picking me up. When I got into the car he asked why I only had one shoe on. I really dont know where the other one went or how i didnt notice it was gone.

Last time I lost a shoe was back in 98 or 99. I used to drink a bunch of gin and wander around my neighborhood at night, doing stupid things like moving for sale signs and stealing mail.

So walked down a deadend street and tried to cut through the backyard of the house at the end to get to the next street. There was a short chain link fence to climb and I had on Reef sandals. I was perched on top of the fence like a gargoyle and just fell off, right onto my head. It was like 3am and it made a bunch of noise so I took off back the way I came. I realized at the end of the block that I didn't have both of my sandals. I eventually made it back home but woke up the next morning with one sandal and a bruise on the side of my head that looked like I was hit with a shovel.

edit: I forgot I lost another sandal during the Miami version of Hurricane Katrina. We were sitting in the car watching movies on the portable dvd player cause the storm was at full strength and we didn't have power in the house. It was getting really nasty and we thought the car might blow over so we went back inside. When I stepped out of the car, the water on the ground was a couple feet deep and my blue sandal came off and floated away, never to be seen again.
    Last edited by MiamiNate; 01-25-2009 at 06:27 PM. Reason: memory
    I'm going to put your sidekick in my mojito.

Banned

2001 or 2000 Warped Tour

during green day...

my shoe didn't stand a chance, luckily its the "vans" warped tour, so i bought some shoes.... i found my other shoe 30 minutes later =(

i am in amazement that people responded so quickly to this, tie your shoes!!! lol

When I was little my sister and I decided we were going to walk to the store. We took a shortcut through a field only to realize after getting there that they had just rototilled/watered it in order to plant their crop for the year. It was a big mud pit but we had already gotten there and didn't think it would be to bad. The further in we got the deeper and sludgier the mud was. About half way we were sinking down pretty far with each step. One step I took my shoe got sucked down into the mud and when I pulled my foot out there was no shoe. We decided we were going to turn around at that point and go back home, minus the shoe. We knew our babysitter and mom would be pissed because we were covered in mud. We got home and snuck in the back door, took all our muddy clothes off and stuck them in the washer and changed. The babysitter never even realized because her boyfriend was over and they were "studying" in the bedroom. So we just started the wash machine, mud and all. The next day my mother nearly came unglued because she not only had to buy me new shoes but she had to have the washer repaired since we washed our clothes with big mud cakes all over them and it fucked up the washer. Needless to say we got a new babysitter after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Randy's asshole is too tight, there was no hope of getting them back
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Whoa awesome thread Ivy, how did i miss this?!

The first time I ever did acid I was at this girls house on her trampoline and she wouldn't stop making fun of my laugh so I took her shoes and threw them in someones backyard two yards away. It was night time too so getting them back wasn't really possible. While I was on the trampoline my friend paul was at battle with an old swing set she had and the sing set won as his trippin ass became completely entangld in the swing and the entire thing crashed to the ground. My other two friends were on the roof of her garage playing star wars with broom sticks and wrestling. We were all on acid, the poor girl who's shoes I threw was sober. We got kicked out shortly after.

That wasn't really a story about me losing shoes as much as a story about acid that I wanted to tell. At least I spared you the rest of the trip and kept it relevant to the shoes theme.

not to be a thread killer as it were, but this is easy to forget with all the talk of upcoming fests and things cr****

Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by HEADSTRUCK View Post

ha, i almost lost my shoes here also. . .

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i am in amazement that people responded so quickly to this, tie your shoes!!! lol
    funnily enough, while i was trying to tighten them. well, after i got a major flat tire.

I put this in the other thread about losing shoes. Morrissey concert, early 90's (92 or 93), I was squished up front at Mesa Amphitheatre, I wanted to get out, and my shoes came off as security pulled me out. I loved those damn shoes too, but they gave me blisters. Black oxfords with a metallic, reddish sheen.

last ye rin dy 2 i thre w my s hoe cus it hur t my fet kine of mis them no w hehe

I don't think i ever lost my shoes but i did almost lose my shorts in the pit at Lolla 94. Luckily i was wearing cute undies.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

This doesn't exactly fit but it's close enough.

My first business trip for the company I currently work for was in 1989. My boss and I went to a client in Temple, Texas -- I lived in Houston at the time. We flew to Austin and then drove up from there. [this actually made sense back then, with 55 mph speed limit and easy airport security] Before our flight I went home and had dinner and packed and changed into casual clothes then drove to the aiport. Got to Temple and realized I had left my dress shoes at my house. All I had to wear for my first client ever was the sneakers I had on to go with the suit & tie I had packed.

So first thing in the morning, I dropped my boss at the client and headed over to the first store in town that opened. Wal Mart opened at 9 am, all the others at 10 am. Wal Mart was different back then, it didn't have a lot of mainstream goods or fancy items. The best pair of shoes I could find in there was a pair of black "dress" shoes that looked like they were made out of vinyl or naugahyde or something. They cost $14. I don't think any other shoes in the store cost more than $10.

These shoes were the ugliest things ever. A sort of rubbery dark black. They looked like dress shoes (sort of) and did the trick at the meeting with my feet tucked under the conference table. If anybody could have seen them closely they would have laughed their ass off at how hideous these things were. Which is what my boss did on the trip back to Houston.

It turned out ok anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Wal-Mart back then didn't have all the fancy things like Wal-Mart of today.

OT: I have never lost my shoes. I do have a friend though that lost her shoes two different times I was with her. The first time was at a show in Atlanta, GA in 1995 (she had taken them off to dance and lost track of them) and the second time was some campground in Colorado where a group I was traveling with had stopped in the middle of the night to camp (you didn't have to pay if you rolled in during the middle of the night) and when we woke up and came out of our tent there was a fucking renaissance festival going on and our tent was in the center of it. We got out of there ASAP and she'd left her shoes on the ground somewhere.
    Last edited by real talk; 01-27-2009 at 12:38 PM.

I almost lost my shoes during Nine Inch Nails. I Macgyver'ed a way to tighten my shoe laces in the crazy ass crowd. That was a close call!

Quote Originally Posted by BakForMore View Post
    I almost lost my shoes during Nine Inch Nails. I Macgyver'ed a way to tighten my shoe laces in the crazy ass crowd. That was a close call!
    malcom, was that at coachella or one of the arizona shows? i could see that happening at the marquee show, lol.

and tom, did sam whalton himself sell you the shoes?

Young blood

Quote Originally Posted by real talk View Post
    Wal-Mart back then didn't have all the fancy things like Wal-Mart of today.

OT: I have never lost my shoes. I do have a friend though that lost her shoes two different times I was with her. The first time was at a show in Atlanta, GA in 1995 (she had taken them off to dance and lost track of them) and the second time was some campground in Colorado where a group I was traveling with had stopped in the middle of the night to camp (you didn't have to pay if you rolled in during the middle of the night) and when we woke up and came out of our tent there was a fucking renaissance festival going on and our tent was in the center of it. We got out of there ASAP and she'd left her shoes on the ground somewhere.
    Crazy. That same shit happened to me in '94 before a phish show on acid before getting stuck in freaknick and watching a salt & peppa concert.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    malcom, was that at coachella or one of the arizona shows? i could see that happening at the marquee show, lol.

and tom, did sam whalton himself sell you the shoes?
    It was the year that NIN was at Coachella. I was really close, i could lift my feet and be held by the crowd.

I love the Marquee though!!!

no bus

On the batman roller coaster at magic mountain. i tried tying them really really tight but it it was them skater shoes with the fat tongues. i panicked.