Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 315

Thread: A Challenge

  1. #1

    Default A Challenge

    I challenge the vulgar, obscene, profane, foul mouthed people on this board to refrain from the cussing and swearing and vulgarities and obscenities and from posting obscene text and pics in their signature block for 7 days.

    Make it a little more interesting. How about 7 days without the filth on the net or in real life. Work at thinking before you speak. Can you do it?

    It takes no brains to spew filth. It is a little more challenging to think before you speak and express your thoughts and emotions without rattling off low life filth.

    Try it! You may like it!

  2. #2
    old school MassiveChemicalPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    City of God
    Posts
    3,235

    Default Re: A Challenge

    Fuck you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    i think i would rather suck AIDZ out of gary colemans nutt.

  3. #3
    old school stuporfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    4,573

    Default Re: A Challenge

    Would that prevent me from Googling the words "Hot," "Asian" and "Fisting" for seven days?

    Fuck that shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

  4. #4
    Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    24,306

    Default Re: A Challenge

    what a bunch of fucking bullshit...

  5. #5

    Default Re: A Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    Would that prevent me from Googling the words "Hot," "Asian" and "Fisting" for seven days?

    Fuck that shit.
    Google whatever you want. The challenge is whether you can express yourself for 7 days without profanities, vulgarities, and vileness.

  6. #6
    Beefy Soft Taco TommyboyUNM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Oppressing the white man
    Posts
    11,532

    Default Re: A Challenge

    Oh you guys are silly!

  7. #7
    old school stuporfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    4,573

    Default Re: A Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by listitrist View Post
    Google whatever you want. The challenge is whether you can express yourself for 7 days without profanities, vulgarities, and vileness.
    I'm not sure I can - What's the fun in Googling the words "Hot," "Asian" and "Fisting" if I can't tell my friends "on the net or in real life" about the results in explicit detail?
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

  8. #8

    Default Re: A Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    I'm not sure I can - What's the fun in Googling the words "Hot," "Asian" and "Fisting" if I can't tell my friends "on the net or in real life" about the results in explicit detail?
    I'm talking about your day to day language. Give it a try? Ya know it doesn't take brains to cuss and swear. We can all do that with no effort.

  9. #9
    Dark Lord mountmccabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Mission
    Posts
    11,985

    Default Re: A Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by listitrist View Post
    It takes no brains to spew filth. It is a little more challenging to think before you speak and express your thoughts and emotions without rattling off low life filth.
    You are correct, it does not take brains to spew filth.

    It does take brains to speak artfully but that, you see, has nothing to do with the presence or absence of vulgarity, obscenity, etc.

    It may be more difficult to speak/write without using any words spelled with "e"... but that does not make it better.

    There are many social situations where refraining from offensive language is a good thing. You may wish to look at my responses to you, I have avoided such language because I want you to pay attention to what I say and not dismiss me due to my language.

    I have used - and will continue to use - language that some may find offensive in other situations where I deem it appropriate. There are times when such language is more effective for making my point, where such language is the best, most efficient way of communicating my thoughts.

    At such times I am not trying to be cool, I am not trying to impress people, I am not trying to offend people... but I am also not limiting myself via arbitrary (or downright racist/class-cist) language rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

  10. #10

    Default Re: A Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    You are correct, it does not take brains to spew filth.

    It does take brains to speak artfully but that, you see, has nothing to do with the presence or absence of vulgarity, obscenity, etc.

    It may be more difficult to speak/write without using any words spelled with "e"... but that does not make it better.

    There are many social situations where refraining from offensive language is a good thing. You may wish to look at my responses to you, I have avoided such language because I want you to pay attention to what I say and not dismiss me due to my language.

    I have used - and will continue to use - language that some may find offensive in other situations where I deem it appropriate. There are times when such language is more effective for making my point, where such language is the best, most efficient way of communicating my thoughts.

    At such times I am not trying to be cool, I am not trying to impress people, I am not trying to offend people... but I am also not limiting myself via arbitrary (or downright racist/class-cist) language rules.
    This is my challenge to you (people who resort to filth). Take it up or don't.

  11. #11
    Beefy Soft Taco TommyboyUNM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Oppressing the white man
    Posts
    11,532

    Default Re: A Challenge

    stuporfly, I don't think this challenge starts until 12:00 PST. Could you Google "Hot," "Asian" and "Fisting" and report your findings. In explicit, blow-by-blow detail. Thank you. While you're at it, please Google "Wet," "Latina" and "Cunts." Thanks again.

  12. #12
    old school Cheddar's Cousin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    La Quinta, CA
    Posts
    2,716

    Default Re: A Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    You are correct, it does not take brains to spew filth.

    It does take brains to speak artfully but that, you see, has nothing to do with the presence or absence of vulgarity, obscenity, etc.

    It may be more difficult to speak/write without using any words spelled with "e"... but that does not make it better.

    There are many social situations where refraining from offensive language is a good thing. You may wish to look at my responses to you, I have avoided such language because I want you to pay attention to what I say and not dismiss me due to my language.

    I have used - and will continue to use - language that some may find offensive in other situations where I deem it appropriate. There are times when such language is more effective for making my point, where such language is the best, most efficient way of communicating my thoughts.

    At such times I am not trying to be cool, I am not trying to impress people, I am not trying to offend people... but I am also not limiting myself via arbitrary (or downright racist/class-cist) language rules.
    Fuckin'-A right!
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

    Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

  13. #13
    MENACING Courtney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,961

    Default Re: A Challenge

    John: This is interesting. I agree mostly, but you lost me at the end. How do you see the desire to avoid vulgarity as being an intrinsically race- or class-based issue?

  14. #14
    MENACING Courtney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,961

    Default Re: A Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by listitrist View Post
    There is no need for vulgarity. You can express yourself without filth. Try it.
    You clearly haven't been paying attention to individual post histories and personalities.

  15. #15
    foof roberto73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stately Wayne Manor
    Posts
    2,990

    Default Re: A Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    You clearly haven't been paying attention to individual post histories and personalities.
    Thanks for also pointing this out, Courtney. As I've tried explaining in listitrist's "What Motivates You?" thread, he/she either didn't pay much attention to the conventions of the discourse community he intended to join, or he/she paid attention to those conventions and decided to flout them anyway. An easy comparison would be if I joined the Rush Limbaugh message board (if such a thing actually exists) and then challenged everyone to stop talking about Republicans for seven days. You can like what they say or not, but such an action would be (and should be) rightfully scorned for defying the rules of a preexisting discourse community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Hey rubber toe, it's a message board not a English essay. NERD

  16. #16
    Brackish African wmgaretjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,553

    Default Re: A Challenge

    listitrist is a racist.

  17. #17
    old school zenidogx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    5,124
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

  18. #18

    Default Re: A Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    Thanks for also pointing this out, Courtney. As I've tried explaining in listitrist's "What Motivates You?" thread, he/she either didn't pay much attention to the conventions of the discourse community he intended to join, or he/she paid attention to those conventions and decided to flout them anyway. An easy comparison would be if I joined the Rush Limbaugh message board (if such a thing actually exists) and then challenged everyone to stop talking about Republicans for seven days. You can like what they say or not, but such an action would be (and should be) rightfully scorned for defying the rules of a preexisting discourse community.
    Very poor analogy. I'm challenging you to say whatever you please without the vulgarities and obscenities.

  19. #19
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,133

    Default Re: A Challenge


  20. #20
    Agent Orange
    Guest

    Default Re: A Challenge

    hahahaha!

    so much for this thread muthafuckas!

  21. #21
    cat hoarder rskapcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,085

    Default Re: A Challenge

    This really isn't a challenge for me. I don't swear much, and I mostly just post pictures of cats. It would be like someone challenging me to not eat beef for a week...I'm a pescatarian.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

    Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

  22. #22
    Beefy Soft Taco TommyboyUNM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Oppressing the white man
    Posts
    11,532

    Default Re: A Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by rskapcat View Post
    This really isn't a challenge for me. I don't swear much, and I mostly just post pictures of cats. It would be like someone challenging me to not eat beef for a week...I'm a pescatarian.

    Becca will you humor me and use a curse word in your reply to this post?

  23. #23

    Default Re: A Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by rskapcat View Post
    This really isn't a challenge for me. I don't swear much, and I mostly just post pictures of cats. It would be like someone challenging me to not eat beef for a week...I'm a pescatarian.
    Did I single anyone out. I'm talking about the people who steadily cuss and swear and use vulgarities and obscenities. There is just no reason for it.

  24. #24
    Beefy Soft Taco TommyboyUNM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Oppressing the white man
    Posts
    11,532

    Default Re: A Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by listitrist View Post
    Did I single anyone out. I'm talking about the people who steadily cuss and swear and use vulgarities and obscenities. There is just no reason for it.

    Curse words are often used to emphasize things. I'll spare you examples this time around. But vulgarities do have their places in prose.

  25. #25

    Default Re: A Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    Curse words are often used to emphasize things. I'll spare you examples this time around. But vulgarities do have their places in prose.
    Your excuses won't work. Cussing and swearing is frowned up by most social circles. You'd be the first one to get tossed out of a reasonably respectable public establishment if you resorted to filth.

  26. #26

    Default Re: A Challenge

    Take it from me, folks, you don't need curse words to be funny.
    You can get-r-done without obscenity.

  27. #27
    Coachella Junkie stinkbutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,534

    Default Re: A Challenge


  28. #28
    cat hoarder rskapcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,085

    Default Re: A Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    Becca will you humor me and use a curse word in your reply to this post?
    I fucking love cats. Happy?
    My name is Becca. Hi.

    Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

  29. #29

    Default Re: A Challenge

    And you alienate people who might otherwise become your friend because they simply don't want to be around your foul mouth.

  30. #30
    Beefy Soft Taco TommyboyUNM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Oppressing the white man
    Posts
    11,532

    Default Re: A Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by listitrist View Post
    Your excuses won't work. Cussing and swearing is frowned up by most social circles. You'd be the first one to get tossed out of a reasonably respectable public establishment if you resorted to filth.

    The Coachella Music & Arts Festival Message Board does not qualify as a respectable public establishment. And why are you assuming we cuss when we are in those situations? When I'm having Thanksgiving dinner with my family, I don't say things like "These sweet potatoes smell like cunt juice, grandma." It just doesn't happen.

Similar Threads

  1. The Myspace/facebook photo Challenge
    By Basskitten85 in forum Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-03-2008, 09:56 AM
  2. NCAA Basketball Tournament Challenge (signup quickly)
    By dorkfish in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 160
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 12:20 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-14-2007, 09:03 PM
  4. The Official GeoBee Challenge Threadô
    By DeltaSigChi4 in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 11-08-2007, 08:39 AM
  5. A Challenge to forward thinking Rage fans:
    By no quarter in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 05-03-2007, 11:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •