Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 66

Thread: Anyone from this list you'd like to see?

  1. #31
    Coachella Junkie Aurgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,698

    Default Re: Anyone from this list you'd like to see?

    Quote Originally Posted by nahuatldream View Post
    Is Andy Yorke Thom's cousin? Oh, it's his younger brother. Cool.
    huh???
    Rhythm is a dancer.

  2. #32

    Default Re: Anyone from this list you'd like to see?

    Off that list I want to see Radiohead, The Smiths, David Bowie, Talking Heads, and the killers.
    "You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you dance with the reaper."
    -The Grim Reaper

  3. #33
    Dick Nicewonger kreutz2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SL UT
    Posts
    11,468

    Default Re: Anyone from this list you'd like to see?

    These arms are snakes.
    RAPE STOVE

    white power?!

  4. #34
    old school matsuolost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    buenos aires
    Posts
    2,551

    Default Re: Anyone from this list you'd like to see?

    Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    nah.

    I first saw them back in Aug. My buddy Lucas booked them to play the house of blues the night of his bands (the Living Suns) cd release show. He couldnt say enough about them. Sure enough i thought they were fucking amazing. Alot of people there didnt know what they were getting themselfs into.

    Since then i saw them @ SoundDowntown, at Spaceland in Nov, and the Troubadour the other night. Paz Lenchantin is a GODDESS!!!!!!

    picture i got of her the other night @ the Troub

    i know right, the night i saw them (at the troubadour too) she was wearing a skirt!
    or shorts i cant remember but you could see ther legs very well
    so awesome
    as predicted by nostradamus

  5. #35

    Default Re: Anyone from this list you'd like to see?

    Quote Originally Posted by Failed State View Post
    Off that list I want to see Radiohead, The Smiths, David Bowie, Talking Heads, and the killers.
    Hahahahahahahahaha

  6. #36

    Default Re: Anyone from this list you'd like to see?

    Quote Originally Posted by forzapalermo04 View Post
    This is the SXSW '09 lineup. In my desperation for the Coachella lineup, I began listening through a few of these guys.
    from your list there:

    the best live act on that list is DEF, Carolina Chocolate Drops, they played a tent at Stagecoach & literally stole the show...

    For Your Consideration, Coachella '09-

    Carolina Chocolate Drops (Raleigh NC)

    The Asteroids Galaxy Tour (Denmark DENMARK)

    The Heavy (Bath UK-ENGLAND)

    Laura Marling (London UK-ENGLAND)

    Nashville Pussy (Atlanta GA)

    Soko (Paris NY)

    Cage (New York NY)

    Superdrag (Knoxville TN)

    Melissa Auf der Maur (Montreal QC)






    played Coachella last year, but bring em back anyway-
    Akron/Family (Williamsport PA)
    Dan Le Sac Vs Scroobius Pip (Stanford Le Hope UK-ENGLAND)
    deadmau5 (Tornto CA)


    i'm down with & would also check out-
    The Crystal Method (Los Angeles CA)
    The Vaselines (Glasgow UK-SCOTLAND)
    Enter Shikari (St Albans UK-ENGLAND)
    Primal Scream (Glasgow SCOTLAND/UK)
    Radio Luxembourg (Aberystwyth UK-WALES)
    The Death Set (Philadelphia PA)
    Killola (Los Angeles CA)






    WTF?!?!?-
    Asylum Street Spankers (Austin TX)
    Natalie Portman's Shaved Head (Seattle WA)
    Bushwalla (San Diego CA) -**what is this? a Dishwalla/Bush tribute band??**
    Fastball (Austin TX) -**these guys are still around??**
    CKY (West Chester PA) -**i'd go to chuck batteries at Bam Magera's head**
    Last edited by tHEdARKsIDE; 01-24-2009 at 02:28 AM.

  7. #37
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,753

    Default Re: Anyone from this list you'd like to see?

    I missed Akron/Family so I'd like to see them return and St. Vincent was incredible, so her as well.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

  8. #38
    Memorial_07
    Guest

    Default Re: Anyone from this list you'd like to see?

    that fucking list is too long.


    All I saw was Annihilation Time and Dredg. Both of which are awesome live

  9. #39

    Default Re: Anyone from this list you'd like to see?

    I am totally going to check out Bonjour Brumaire.

    I saw them this summer at Osheaga festival in Montreal and it was a dope.
    They are like a Malajube 2.0 with more pop in it.

  10. #40
    Coachella Junkie Pixiessp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,263

    Default Re: Anyone from this list you'd like to see?

    I didn't read the entire list but i noticed The Moaners will be there.

    I like them. Have 2 of their CD's and the drummer sent me a T shirt.

    I have a picture of myself wearing it at Coachella in 06 but I'm not posting any more pics for awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

  11. #41
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,959

    Default Re: Anyone from this list you'd like to see?

    Is it just me... or is that too many bands for one festival?

    Can there ever be too many bands?
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater
    Tycho - 9/20 - Emo's
    Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

  12. #42
    Member RageAgainst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    682

    Default Re: Anyone from this list you'd like to see?

    wow that list is super long!!
    i would say andrew bird and zion i,altho i probably missed a bunch seeing as my attention steered away. Is this a festival and where?

    lol CKY and fastball what a joke

    Paul is dead

  13. #43
    Member ZackQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rio Grande Valley
    Posts
    2,312

    Default Re: Anyone from this list you'd like to see?

    Dignan, local band from my area. Worth a listen.

  14. #44
    Member ZackQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rio Grande Valley
    Posts
    2,312

    Default Re: Anyone from this list you'd like to see?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Is it just me... or is that too many bands for one festival?

    Can there ever be too many bands?
    It is too many bands. SXSW is a whole different animal than Coachella, Bonnaroo or Lolla.

  15. #45
    Member jonprc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    philly
    Posts
    269

    Default Re: Anyone from this list you'd like to see?

    Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainst View Post
    wow that list is super long!!
    i would say andrew bird and zion i,altho i probably missed a bunch seeing as my attention steered away. Is this a festival and where?

    lol CKY and fastball what a joke
    it's SXSW(south by southwest) in austin. not really a festival. it's a week long, all those plands play at all the venues all over town. it's more of an industry thing but you can get passes too.
    http://sxsw.com/
    05,06,07,08,09,10,11, 12 #1, 13 #1

  16. #46
    Member KungFuJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    551

    Default Re: Anyone from this list you'd like to see?

    Best band on that list is The Sonics. THE original garage rock band from the 60s. If they aren't playing too high profile of a showcase (where you will need a badge to get in) or they are playing a non-official day party, I will drive down to see them.

  17. #47
    Member KungFuJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    551

    Default Re: Anyone from this list you'd like to see?

    Quote Originally Posted by jonprc View Post
    it's SXSW(south by southwest) in austin. not really a festival. it's a week long, all those plands play at all the venues all over town. it's more of an industry thing but you can get passes too.
    http://sxsw.com/
    Not only "venues" but bars, restaurants, front lawns, childrens' musuems.... Last year, I saw Billy Bragg play in a parking lot.

  18. #48
    Member ZackQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rio Grande Valley
    Posts
    2,312

    Default Re: Anyone from this list you'd like to see?

    It's harder to get passes if you're not able to go to Austin to buy them.

  19. #49
    Member jonprc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    philly
    Posts
    269

    Default Re: Anyone from this list you'd like to see?

    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJay View Post
    Not only "venues" but bars, restaurants, front lawns, childrens' musuems.... Last year, I saw Billy Bragg play in a parking lot.
    hah. yea, that's what i meant by all venues. but i saw video of that billy bragg video. wasn't he playing withhhh.. umm. some girl?
    05,06,07,08,09,10,11, 12 #1, 13 #1

  20. #50
    Member ZackQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rio Grande Valley
    Posts
    2,312

    Default Re: Anyone from this list you'd like to see?

    Keep Austin Weird!....bomb ass city.

  21. #51
    Member KungFuJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    551

    Default Re: Anyone from this list you'd like to see?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZackQ View Post
    It's harder to get passes if you're not able to go to Austin to buy them.
    Well, badges are free for media and industry insiders and for people willing to pay $600+ for one. Wristbands are like $150 or so and are for Austin "residents" (i.e., you can only buy them physically in Austin the week before SXSW), but I think you can buy two per person so if you know someone there they can get you an extra. I might go the wristband route this year if I want to do the Sonics show or try to get into the Devo showcase at Austin Music Hall on Saturday.

    Last year I just did free shows on Friday and Saturday and saw so many freaking bands without spending a dime it was ridiculous.

  22. #52
    Member KungFuJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    551

    Default Re: Anyone from this list you'd like to see?

    Quote Originally Posted by jonprc View Post
    hah. yea, that's what i meant by all venues. but i saw video of that billy bragg video. wasn't he playing withhhh.. umm. some girl?
    That sounds right. We only saw a song or two. We were actually just passing by on our way from a Black Keys show to a Jens Lekman show. All FREE!!!

  23. #53
    Coachella Junkie Pixiessp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,263

    Default Re: Anyone from this list you'd like to see?

    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJay View Post
    Well, badges are free for media and industry insiders and for people willing to pay $600+ for one. Wristbands are like $150 or so and are for Austin "residents" (i.e., you can only buy them physically in Austin the week before SXSW), but I think you can buy two per person so if you know someone there they can get you an extra. I might go the wristband route this year if I want to do the Sonics show or try to get into the Devo showcase at Austin Music Hall on Saturday.

    Last year I just did free shows on Friday and Saturday and saw so many freaking bands without spending a dime it was ridiculous.
    Badges!!!! we don't need no stinkin' badges!!
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

  24. #54
    Coachella Junkie dorkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    12,280

    Default Re: Anyone from this list you'd like to see?

    It took 36 posts for someone to say the Vaselines. This thread should be waterboarded.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

  25. #55

    Default Re: Anyone from this list you'd like to see?

    deadmau5

  26. #56
    Member jonprc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    philly
    Posts
    269

    Default Re: Anyone from this list you'd like to see?

    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJay View Post
    That sounds right. We only saw a song or two. We were actually just passing by on our way from a Black Keys show to a Jens Lekman show. All FREE!!!
    ahh, it was kate nash



    i'd love to make it there some year.
    05,06,07,08,09,10,11, 12 #1, 13 #1

  27. #57
    Coachella Junkie Aurgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,698

    Default Re: Anyone from this list you'd like to see?

    Quote Originally Posted by tHEdARKsIDE View Post
    from your list there:

    the best live act on that list is DEF, Carolina Chocolate Drops, they played a tent at Stagecoach & literally stole the show...

    For Your Consideration, Coachella '09-

    Carolina Chocolate Drops (Raleigh NC)

    The Asteroids Galaxy Tour (Denmark DENMARK)

    The Heavy (Bath UK-ENGLAND)

    Laura Marling (London UK-ENGLAND)

    Nashville Pussy (Atlanta GA)

    Soko (Paris NY)

    Cage (New York NY)

    Superdrag (Knoxville TN)

    Melissa Auf der Maur (Montreal QC)






    played Coachella last year, but bring em back anyway-
    Akron/Family (Williamsport PA)
    Dan Le Sac Vs Scroobius Pip (Stanford Le Hope UK-ENGLAND)
    deadmau5 (Tornto CA)


    i'm down with & would also check out-
    The Crystal Method (Los Angeles CA)
    The Vaselines (Glasgow UK-SCOTLAND)
    Enter Shikari (St Albans UK-ENGLAND)
    Primal Scream (Glasgow SCOTLAND/UK)
    Radio Luxembourg (Aberystwyth UK-WALES)
    The Death Set (Philadelphia PA)
    Killola (Los Angeles CA)






    WTF?!?!?-
    Asylum Street Spankers (Austin TX)
    Natalie Portman's Shaved Head (Seattle WA)
    Bushwalla (San Diego CA) -**what is this? a Dishwalla/Bush tribute band??**
    Fastball (Austin TX) -**these guys are still around??**
    CKY (West Chester PA) -**i'd go to chuck batteries at Bam Magera's head**
    thanks!
    Rhythm is a dancer.

  28. #58
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,959

    Default Re: Anyone from this list you'd like to see?

    I lived in Austin briefly. It was awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater
    Tycho - 9/20 - Emo's
    Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

  29. #59
    old school Stickjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,500

    Default Re: Anyone from this list you'd like to see?

    Just found out local (Mpls) band I saw last night is playing SXSW when they get back from quick UK tour - Solid Gold http://www.myspace.com/solidgoldband

    Me like very much.

  30. #60

    Default Re: Anyone from this list you'd like to see?

    NOMO, +/-, Ra Ra Riot and Bam Bam

Similar Threads

  1. Wish List: The Mae Shi
    By CiderMouseRules in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-24-2008, 12:53 AM
  2. Massive Wish List
    By Hawkings in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-13-2008, 01:00 PM
  3. Set List???
    By DeadSkin in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 06:19 PM
  4. So who's on your must see list?
    By ThunderInTheSky in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-08-2007, 03:28 PM
  5. Are You On The List?
    By Ludichrist in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-07-2007, 11:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •