Page 5 of 171 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 5114

Thread: Lollapalooza 2009

  1. #121
    old school JSam67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,611

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2009

    Yeah Gorillaz is a blind hope. I've been predicting Jane's/TWS/Outkast since November but I don't think it will be Outkast these days. I'm just not sure who that third headliner will be (I don't think it will be The Killers).

    Massive Attack on Friday would be sweet, though. Along with APC.

  2. #122
    Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,350

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2009

    Has Outkast ever headlined a festival before?

  3. #123
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,489

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2009

    Lolla has to have at least one mediocre headliner.

    Jane's is a lock and The White Stripes seem like a good bet. I also think Green Day might have a chance. As well, I bet either The Killers or KOL are one of the top 5 billed artists. They might not be the "headliners" but they may be the acts to play oposite headliners. Same with No Doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  4. #124
    old school JSam67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,611

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    Has Outkast ever headlined a festival before?
    Has Outkast ever played a festival before?

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Lolla has to have at least one mediocre headliner.

    Jane's is a lock and The White Stripes seem like a good bet. I also think Green Day might have a chance. As well, I bet either The Killers or KOL are one of the top 5 billed artists. They might not be the "headliners" but they may be the acts to play oposite headliners. Same with No Doubt.
    Again, I don't know where you get these premonitions. They haven't had a mediocre headliner either of the last two years, why would they now? No Doubt? Green Day? No way, man.

  5. #125
    Coachella Junkie Sushov23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,961

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Lolla has to have at least one mediocre headliner.

    Jane's is a lock and The White Stripes seem like a good bet. I also think Green Day might have a chance. As well, I bet either The Killers or KOL are one of the top 5 billed artists. They might not be the "headliners" but they may be the acts to play oposite headliners. Same with No Doubt.
    so either Radiohead, Wilco, RATM, NIN, or Kanye are weak/mediocre? ummmm sorry your logic fails.

  6. #126
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,489

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2009

    Kanye and NIN switching places was pretty weak.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  7. #127
    Coachella Junkie Sushov23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,961

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Kanye and NIN switching places was pretty weak.
    It doesn't really matter when it comes down to it. All that matters is they were the 5 headliners, and none of those headliners sucked.

  8. #128
    Member garrett222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I might be wrong
    Posts
    2,450

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2009

    No matter who is there, it's going to be a good time. A city festival will be so much fun. I've never been to Chicago before, so I'm going to have pizza every day for lunch before the festival starts..

    Friday: Ginos East
    Saturday: Lou's
    Sunday: ??? Wildcard.
    Upcoming Shows:

    Sasquatch Festival

  9. #129
    Member garrett222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I might be wrong
    Posts
    2,450

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Kanye and NIN switching places was pretty weak.
    How did they 'switch places'? Do you mean at one point NIN was higher billed than Kanye, then at some point they switched them? I'm probably totally wrong on that analysis!

    You going to Lolla RageP? Aren't you in a band?
    Upcoming Shows:

    Sasquatch Festival

  10. #130
    Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    24,303

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    Has Outkast ever headlined a festival before?
    I don't think so.

    Quote Originally Posted by JSam67 View Post
    Has Outkast ever played a festival before?
    Moby's Area2 Festival with Bowie.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

  11. #131
    Member garrett222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I might be wrong
    Posts
    2,450

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    I don't think so.



    Moby's Area2 Festival with Bowie.
    are you seeing Flight of the conchords at red rocks?

    are you going to Lolla?

    what do you do in Denver for work?
    Upcoming Shows:

    Sasquatch Festival

  12. #132
    Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    24,303

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by garrett222 View Post
    are you seeing Flight of the conchords at red rocks?

    are you going to Lolla?

    what do you do in Denver for work?
    I am planning on seeing them.

    No, especially since if I do go to a festival around that time it would be APW.
    (both are highly unlikely for me)

    A manager at a hotel.

    Aren't you a CPA? Care to do my taxes?
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

  13. #133
    Member garrett222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I might be wrong
    Posts
    2,450

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    I am planning on seeing them.

    No, especially since if I do go to a festival around that time it would be APW.
    (both are highly unlikely for me)

    A manager at a hotel.

    Aren't you a CPA? Care to do my taxes?
    I definitely would give you a coachella board discount on the taxes if I had a practice. I'm corporate from head to toe and I'm not licensed in Colorado.


    Whenever I think of a manager of a hotel, I think of that movie Pretty Woman...I can't remember the hotel manager's name, but the actor who played him was Hector Elizondo from the beverly hills cop movies.

    Are you a fan of dealing with customers? I have purposely avoided it since I worked at a movie theater in High School. I don't have the gift of being good at customer service, and it is a gift if you ask me.
    Upcoming Shows:

    Sasquatch Festival

  14. #134
    Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    24,303

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by garrett222 View Post
    I definitely would give you a coachella board discount on the taxes if I had a practice. I'm corporate from head to toe and I'm not licensed in Colorado.


    Whenever I think of a manager of a hotel, I think of that movie Pretty Woman...I can't remember the hotel manager's name, but the actor who played him was Hector Elizondo from the beverly hills cop movies.

    Are you a fan of dealing with customers? I have purposely avoided it since I worked at a movie theater in High School. I don't have the gift of being good at customer service, and it is a gift if you ask me.
    Yep, deal with customers all the time. And not it is NOT fun when someone is yelling at you becuase your hotel is under renovation, because you charge for parking or internet, because the people next door were having sex too loud, because housekeeping forgot to leave a towel or 2, because their job forgot to pay for their room, because you don't have a room that is a King Bed, Non smoking, looking towards the mountains, blah blah blah. Hector Elizondo makes it seem like a piece of cake when in reality some people that stay at hotels are just bastards.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

  15. #135
    Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country
    Posts
    16,487

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    so either Radiohead, Wilco, RATM, NIN, or Kanye are weak/mediocre? ummmm sorry your logic fails.
    Kanye is weak. Wilco is fucking weak. YOUR logic fails.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

  16. #136
    DJ SallyBear sbessiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    27,739

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

  17. #137
    Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    24,303

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2009

    from what I hear Salita, no White Stripes at lollla...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

  18. #138
    Member lickety_spit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    "The Most Uneducated City in America" of 2008
    Posts
    881

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Yep, deal with customers all the time. And not it is NOT fun when someone is yelling at you becuase your hotel is under renovation, because you charge for parking or internet, because the people next door were having sex too loud, because housekeeping forgot to leave a towel or 2, because their job forgot to pay for their room, because you don't have a room that is a King Bed, Non smoking, looking towards the mountains, blah blah blah. Hector Elizondo makes it seem like a piece of cake when in reality some people that stay at hotels are just bastards.
    some people that pay for services ANYWHERE are bastards.
    and idiots.
    and assholes.
    and bitches.
    and straight up cunts.
    your ≠ you're

    [boarderwoozel3] dying or tim & eric
    [boarderwoozel3] I'll take dying

  19. #139
    Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    24,303

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by lickety_spit View Post
    some people that pay for services ANYWHERE are bastards.
    and idiots.
    and assholes.
    and bitches.
    and straight up cunts.
    so you know my pain? What do you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

  20. #140
    Member garrett222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I might be wrong
    Posts
    2,450

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    PM Salita.
    inside info on the stripes and lolla? PMPMPM
    Upcoming Shows:

    Sasquatch Festival

  21. #141
    DJ SallyBear sbessiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    27,739

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2009

    Its just normal girly chitchat, dont worry
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

  22. #142
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,489

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    It doesn't really matter when it comes down to it. All that matters is they were the 5 headliners, and none of those headliners sucked.
    I hate Kanye West and I don't care for Wilco.

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Kanye is weak. Wilco is fucking weak. YOUR logic fails.
    And Im not the only one.

    Quote Originally Posted by garrett222 View Post
    How did they 'switch places'? Do you mean at one point NIN was higher billed than Kanye, then at some point they switched them? I'm probably totally wrong on that analysis!

    You going to Lolla RageP? Aren't you in a band?
    NIN were billed higher than Kanye on the initial anouncement. Somewhere along the line things changed.

    No, I am not going to Lolla. Yes, I am in a band. I am confused why you put those questions together.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  23. #143
    Member higgybaby23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Moline, IL
    Posts
    2,382

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by JSam67 View Post
    Has Outkast ever played a festival before?
    Outkast were one of the headliners for the inaugural Rolling Rock Town Fair (music festival) in 2000. The other big acts were the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Moby.

  24. #144
    Beefy Soft Taco TommyboyUNM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Oppressing the white man
    Posts
    11,532

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2009

    What the hell are you bitches babbling about? So when does this lineup get announced?

  25. #145
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Lolla has to have at least one mediocre headliner.

    Jane's is a lock and The White Stripes seem like a good bet. I also think Green Day might have a chance. As well, I bet either The Killers or KOL are one of the top 5 billed artists. They might not be the "headliners" but they may be the acts to play oposite headliners. Same with No Doubt.
    Didnt I already say KOL will be there for sure? Some people dont read.....

  26. #146
    Member garrett222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I might be wrong
    Posts
    2,450

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2009

    shoo shoo retarded flu!
    Upcoming Shows:

    Sasquatch Festival

  27. #147
    Beefy Soft Taco TommyboyUNM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Oppressing the white man
    Posts
    11,532

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2009

    Garrett, what the fuck are you talking about? When does this lineup usually get announced? I wanna go to at least one day like I did last year.

  28. #148
    Member garrett222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I might be wrong
    Posts
    2,450

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    Garrett, what the fuck are you talking about? When does this lineup usually get announced? I wanna go to at least one day like I did last year.
    shoo shoo retarded flu? It's a joke from Howard Stern Show.

    It will be announced right around mid april.


    what's up Tommy Boy?! How's work today? I have a coference call in 14 minutes. The weekend can't get here fast enough.
    Upcoming Shows:

    Sasquatch Festival

  29. #149
    Beefy Soft Taco TommyboyUNM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Oppressing the white man
    Posts
    11,532

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by garrett222 View Post
    what's up Tommy Boy?! How's work today? I have a coference call in 14 minutes. The weekend can't get here fast enough.

    I had a meeting today to discuss a new Kellogg's project. I edited a questionnaire and I finished a report shell for a Bayer project. I'm leaving for lunch in 10 minutes. Woot.

  30. #150
    Member slurpee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    1,368

    Default Re: Lollapalooza 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Yep, deal with customers all the time. And not it is NOT fun when someone is yelling at you because the people next door were having sex too loud,
    Does any body else find this hilarious??

    How many people complain about others having sex too loud??

    What is the protocol for solving this issue?

    Any interesting stories??
    New York Ice Cream TV Travel Good Times

Similar Threads

  1. Coachella VS lollapalooza
    By unitedwestand in forum Polls
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 04-23-2014, 10:19 PM
  2. Lollapalooza?
    By shaggyduck in forum Questions
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 11:49 AM
  3. Lollapalooza 2008
    By luckyface in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 177
    Last Post: 03-13-2008, 08:31 AM
  4. Lollapalooza '07
    By Vericuester in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 05:25 PM
  5. Lollapalooza Tix
    By shotglass75 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-03-2007, 08:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •