Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Billboard Reports Green Day, No Doubt, Chilli Peppers [Allegedly...]

Default Re: Billboard Reports Green Day, No Doubt, Chilli Peppers [Allegedly...]

lol, id laugh if any of this was true.... Green Day/RHCP/Killers for Coachella 09, yay!
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Default Re: Billboard Reports Green Day, No Doubt, Chilli Peppers [Allegedly...]

"A music fan named scoop49er"

Must be true.

this supports my theory of scoop49er being a plant

i wonder if they pm'ed scoop to see if it was ok if they quoted him .... i suppose since it is an open board, im thinking not .... cr****

and he has been on the board for a very long time which i guess doesnt mean he isnt, but methinks not
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Star98.7chella. r u a rocker?
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

Quote Originally Posted by hannibul View Post
    a mole?

Quote Originally Posted by l337moomoo View Post
    Are you guys fucking serious? Name one aspect of the RHCPs that prohibiting to be a headliner at Coachella? Haven't you guys ever fucking listened to Dani California? Or Snow (Hey Oh)? These are fucking legendary. I wouldn't mind RHCP headlining Saturday at all. If they were conflicting with The Smiths, Daft Punk, Radiohead, ANYONE; I'd still go fucking see them. Hell. I wouldn't mind them headlining all three nights.

Night 1: first disc of Stadium Arcadium
    Night 2: second disc of Stadium Arcadium
    Night 3: closing out a silent Coachella by playing nothing but Under the Bridge from 10pm to 12am(later would be preferred but noise permits etc etc etc)

To each his own, I guess.... fuckers...

LOLJK!
    HOLY SHIT I was raging right there and then I saw the JK. Whew, Staduim Arcaduim was ok but SHIT compared to Mother's Milk, BSSM, and practically all other RHCP material.
    Quicksand- "i train with my dad so i could choke out that cock too if i really wanted to."

best show i saw them do was ws99 .... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by coolhandluke View Post
    HOLY SHIT I was raging right there and then I saw the JK. Whew, Staduim Arcaduim was ok but SHIT compared to Mother's Milk, BSSM, and practically all other RHCP material.
    haha

And I could have swore this thread was originally entitled Billboard Reports Green Day, No Doubt, Chilli Peppers [Take it with a grain of salt...]

no bus

them headliners sound like the headliners for some fucking kroq weenie roast.

If this article didn't mention RHCP... I might have believed it. But it does, so I don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    If this article didn't mention RHCP... I might have believed it. But it does, so I don't.
    you are up late Josh, but i guess it is an hour difference there ... i am watching that bob dylan movie (with all the different actors), it pretty good .... cr****

maybe this is the year the shark is jumped.. say it ain't so.

Keane? Oh, god. Never hang out in the Big Bear lodge, after having had smoked some ganj, while Keane blars loudly from the PA. It got stuck in my head all afternoon going down the slopes, unfortunately. Have a good day (if you click and listen, you are fucked): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucODEFzaVpY

Memorial_07

Quote Originally Posted by inutil View Post
    maybe this is the year the shark is jumped.. say it ain't so.
    I don't think on the 10th year that it would.

I still am praying Green Day doesn't play...the only plus (and I say that very loosely) is that moshing will probably happen

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

I can't believe you guys are talking this blog seriously...NO DOUBT IS NOT PLAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Flea is in college and RCHP won't go back to playing live shows until he is done...Maybe Green Day? But I highly doubt it...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

I believe everything I read. That's why I think the shows might start at 6am due to the vast amount of bands playing. Rise and shine.

Meh I don't know how much merit to put into that article.
    But I do know this... RHCP>Morrisey

Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk
    NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town

Green Day/The Killers/No Doubt......this ain't Lollapalooza!!!!!!!

It also isn't 1995. No Doubt? Really?

I enjoyed Morrissey a lot when I saw him. RHCP were fun at Coachella, but I had no problem leaving early to see Gotan Project.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

RHCP weren't very good at coachella. They were great the other times I've seen them though.

Banned

its just a blog. but it does shows that paul and Co. have done a great job hiding the lineup this year....... and i thought it was quite funny that they put my username on there... its about not me, its about the board so its cool when all of our monitoring gets noticed. even at a blog level, its all good..

thestripe

Paul T? Um..yes...um...This is just a good Samaritan...um... I thought you may be concerned about the security of your...sensitive shit.

RHCP i just can't see, after we just had them 2 years ago. I'd actually see their set, seeing that I missed it last time for LCD and The Rapture. The other two picks are crap.

Says something, don't it? That the only reasonably interesting headliner is one I willingly skipped previously?

Quote Originally Posted by scoop49er View Post
    its just a blog. but it does shows that paul and Co. have done a great job hiding the lineup this year....... and i thought it was quite funny that they put my username on there... its about not me, its about the board so its cool when all of our monitoring gets noticed. even at a blog level, its all good..
    congrats scoop, i thought it was cool .... and it is interesting that someone monitors the board ... cr****

I loved RHCP at Coachella 07, aside from a few questionable song choices (Throw Away Your Television? Seriously?) But I thought their set was badass. Frusciante and Flea were really on top of it.

Stadium Arcadium would have been a good album if they had just picked the best 15 or so songs and made it a single disc. The whole thing has too many "not quite there" songs, but there are at least a dozen killer tracks, IMO.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Default Re: Billboard Reports Green Day, No Doubt, Chilli Peppers

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    RHCP - awesomeness
    You are the only person who feels this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Make that 2.

whiney pain in butt

you all sound terribly confused... this is coachella, not kroq.