Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Billboard Reports Green Day, No Doubt, Chilli Peppers [Allegedly...]

Hybrid View

Default Billboard Reports Green Day, No Doubt, Chilli Peppers [Allegedly...]

According to The Mercury News in the Silicon Valley:

"The Jan. 17 issue of Billboard, citing “trustworthy intelligence,” says Green Day will use [Coachella] to return to live performance after more than three years away. Also mentioned as likely performers: No Doubt, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, the Killers, the Black Keys, Keane and Booker T. Jones."

SOURCE:
    http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/200...cements-et-al/

I call it fairly trustworthy, but then they cite the board, which is very strange.

If this is real, then ugh. Green Day? Really GV? REALLY?!
    Last edited by arya.; 01-17-2009 at 09:59 PM.
    anything could happen

Default Re: Billboard Reports Green Day, No Doubt, Chilli Peppers

RHCP - awesomeness

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    RHCP - awesomeness
    You are the only person who feels this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

doubt it, i mean come on they're citing some dude a message board, as we all know that is incredibly unreliable.

Quote Originally Posted by arya. View Post
    According to The Mercury News in the Silicon Valley:

"The Jan. 17 issue of Billboard, citing “trustworthy intelligence,” says Green Day will use [Coachella] to return to live performance after more than three years away. Also mentioned as likely performers: No Doubt, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, the Killers, the Black Keys, Keane and Booker T. Jones."

SOURCE:
    http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/200...cements-et-al/

I call it fairly trustworthy, but then they cite the board, which is very strange.

If this is real, then ugh. Green Day? Really GV? REALLY?!
    They cite Scooper. Take that for what it's worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    They actually cite Scoop only as it relates to the Morrissey/Killers/Neil Young predictions he is sticking by.

They cite the January 17th issue of Billboard for the other acts.
    Does Billboard print on a Saturday?
    Booker T and Black Keys is correct, so that lends credence.

This blog post on the San Jose Mercury website needs more investigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    you mean #Blowie2014

Quote Originally Posted by SnowShoe View Post
    This blog post on the San Jose Mercury website needs more investigation.
    handle it.

Default Re: Billboard Reports Green Day, No Doubt, Chilli Peppers [Allegedly...]

I would love love love to see Booker T as long as were talking about Booker T and the MG's.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

FUCKING GOD DAMNIT---
    Quote Originally Posted by l337moomoo View Post
    My friend working at NAMM asked a No Doubt crew member if they were gonna play at Coachella 09 and he told them that they weren't.
    They're not gonna be there. My friend was working NAMM today (http://www.namm.org/thenammshow) and got a chance to speak with a No Doubt crew member who affirmed that they are not playing Coachella.

Then again it's never 100%, but there's some info .
    No Doubt is NOT gonna be there. This is like my fourth time posting it.

My friend was working NAMM and he got a chance to talk to one of their crew members (who is a close friend to his dad's friend [who is a pretty big name in socal music]) and he told him that they are definitely not going to play Coachella. He also added "oh yeah, don't tell anyone."

Default Re: Billboard Reports Green Day, No Doubt, Chilli Peppers [Take with Grain of Salt]

Give me ONE fucking reason why the fucking chili peppers should headline AGAIN!

I don't believe this for a second....
    A three time headliner? and the last time was in 07?? No, no, no, no, no, no, no...

And Green Day.. friday only. but still.. fuck them.
    yuck.

Default Re: Billboard Reports Green Day, No Doubt, Chilli Peppers [Take with Grain of Salt]

Quote Originally Posted by clumsy342 View Post

A three time headliner? and the last time was in 07?? No, no, no, no, no, no, no...
    Seriously, this is why I call bullshit. Anyone who thinks RHCP is going to headline is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by boyalien0 View Post
    Seriously, this is why I call bullshit. Anyone who thinks RHCP is going to headline is retarded.
    Seconded.
    anything could happen

Default Re: Billboard Reports Green Day, No Doubt, Chilli Peppers [Allegedly...]

chili peppers are on a two year hiatus which started in the summer of 2008.................

Anyone who thinks RHCP is going to headline is retarded.
    QFT

Any talk of RHCP in 09 is simply preposterous.

Quote Originally Posted by clumsy342 View Post

And Green Day.. friday only. but still.. fuck them.
    yuck.
    Radiohead(or Tool for that matter)should/could Headline Coachella before RHCP do

i have this feeling that because we are so close to announcement time-all these 'sources' are throwing whatever they can just to see what sticks-even if its the most ridiculous rumor abound-i wouldnt be surprised if someone started using the 'Queen reunion w/new singer' rumor-ultimately its either a result of incompetence on the part of these 'sources' or a ploy to divert peoples attention from whats really at hand.

then again this could be the death of Coachella as we know it!

"music fan Scoop49er..."

classic

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

"music fan Scoop49er..."

classic
    Massive lulz

Memorial_07

I would rather believe something rolling stone says that billboard pertaining to coachella

Are you guys fucking serious? Name one aspect of the RHCPs that prohibiting to be a headliner at Coachella? Haven't you guys ever fucking listened to Dani California? Or Snow (Hey Oh)? These are fucking legendary. I wouldn't mind RHCP headlining Saturday at all. If they were conflicting with The Smiths, Daft Punk, Radiohead, ANYONE; I'd still go fucking see them. Hell. I wouldn't mind them headlining all three nights.

Night 1: first disc of Stadium Arcadium
    Night 2: second disc of Stadium Arcadium
    Night 3: closing out a silent Coachella by playing nothing but Under the Bridge from 10pm to 12am(later would be preferred but noise permits etc etc etc)

To each his own, I guess.... fuckers...

LOLJK!

Amneeziac

Are you guys fucking serious? Name one aspect of the RHCPs that prohibiting to be a headliner at Coachella? Haven't you guys ever fucking listened to Dani California? Or Snow (Hey Oh)? These are fucking legendary. I wouldn't mind RHCP headlining Saturday at all. If they were conflicting with The Smiths, Daft Punk, Radiohead, ANYONE; I'd still go fucking see them. Hell. I wouldn't mind them headlining all three nights.

Night 3: closing out a silent Coachella by playing nothing but Under the Bridge from 10pm to 12am(later would be preferred but noise permits etc etc etc)

LOLJK!

Like it or not, I could see Green Day headlining one day. But if RHCP headlined for a third time, especially after the backlash of their second appearance two years ago, I would think that GV has definitely jumped the shark.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I'd rather see my own gruesome rape and subsequent beheading than see Rammstein.

LOLJK!
    HOLY SHIT I was raging right there and then I saw the JK. Whew, Staduim Arcaduim was ok but SHIT compared to Mother's Milk, BSSM, and practically all other RHCP material.
    Quicksand- "i train with my dad so i could choke out that cock too if i really wanted to."

best show i saw them do was ws99 .... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by coolhandluke View Post
    HOLY SHIT I was raging right there and then I saw the JK. Whew, Staduim Arcaduim was ok but SHIT compared to Mother's Milk, BSSM, and practically all other RHCP material.
    haha

And I could have swore this thread was originally entitled Billboard Reports Green Day, No Doubt, Chilli Peppers [Take it with a grain of salt...]

Amneeziac

If that is any indication of what the lineup will look like, goodbye Coachella and hello Bonnaroo.

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

the only backlash was hipster douches from the board complaining

fuck. that.

on another note if RHCP are there-that WILL decrease the chances of a Faith No More reunion-FUCK THAT!_____________________

Faith No More>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>RHCP
    (...and theres nothing you can do about it)