Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions for the People of Los Angeles

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Default Re: Questions for the People of Los Angeles

That is so freaking awesome.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

Near Park La Brea?
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I am so glad that exists in the world.

woaaah! i wanna play!!!
    Meow.Meow..Meow...

Kyack hopes the novel experience of seeing a puppet show while idling in traffic will jolt commuters out of isolation in their cars and help them see other possibilities in their surroundings. For one thing, drivers might be more aware of the potential for a fender bender and exercise caution while watching the puppet show. But there are also larger questions about what behaviors are acceptable or permitted within a given space.
    Or, it could just be another distraction for drivers.
    Originally Posted by Riggins33
    Why don't you show me a pic of what you look like and I'll send you a pick of myself. I'm 6'5 230....
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Would you care to list the fixes I've proposed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    Thank god I did't suck that guy's dick.

TONIGHT:

party at flying saucers caffeine and art
    it's alien themed so put a foil hat on or something
    there is free beer and free wine and that is delicious
    there is going to be a psychic and i'm sure readings are free

i am going to be performing live improvised space music with a friend on violin

okay i dont know if anybody can help me with this but are there any really good mental health clinics in the area that offer assistance to people without health insurance? the central valley has the worst doctors in ca and they arent helping my friend i want to bring her here. any suggestions would help im willing to drive a few hours if there is something better. thanks guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by I Saw OJ View Post
    Please leave the internet.
    Coachella: 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13

Arrow Re: Questions for the People of Los Angeles

edit:
    Sorry, I was just kidding Morgahn. I dont know of any clinics in that area. I hope your friend gets well soon.
    Last edited by SDsoldier7; 07-17-2010 at 09:52 AM. Reason: theresalwaystwo

Quote Originally Posted by SDsoldier7 View Post
    how old is your friend and what are her measurements? i might know of a dr that can help her out...
    Have a little class. Obviously if she is asking on the coachella message board it must be serious.

How far is Coachella from LAX?

Little over 2 hours away if traffic is decent.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

thanks

Dear People of Los Angeles,

What's the most feared gang of white kids in /around L.A.? And why does everyone want to be from Compton?

Yours truly,

Joppy
    2001, 2004, 2007, 2009

2013 EDM wishlish (please):

classixx, stanton warriors, logistics, jefr tale
    spencer & hill, bent, eric prydz, mike realm, nick thayer
    kruder & dorfmeister, young punx, phonat, treasure fingers
    Kraak & Smaak, sergio & benoit, kris menace, bassjackers, DJ Craze
    DIGITALISM, knifeparty, chemical brothers, bassbintwins, seth troxler

vinylmartyr

There are no real white gangs. No one wants to be from Compton that lives in LA.

Quote Originally Posted by joppy-slow View Post
    What's the most feared gang of white kids in /around L.A.?
    maybe that guy on venice beach that roller skates in a thong?

Quote Originally Posted by joppy-slow View Post
    And why does everyone want to be from Compton?
    because that's where dr dre is from. nobody really wants to be from there, though. it sucks pretty bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    you shut your whorish mouth when talking about the sea king.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    I love LA
    While it sounds like an interesting concept, can you imagine if some sick, perverted dude with puppets, decides like it his time to show the LAX freeway his own version of Eyes Wide Shut.
    "Mommy mommy what are the puppets doing to each other" lolz
    2001, 2004, 2007, 2009

2013 EDM wishlish (please):

classixx, stanton warriors, logistics, jefr tale
    spencer & hill, bent, eric prydz, mike realm, nick thayer
    kruder & dorfmeister, young punx, phonat, treasure fingers
    Kraak & Smaak, sergio & benoit, kris menace, bassjackers, DJ Craze
    DIGITALISM, knifeparty, chemical brothers, bassbintwins, seth troxler

Sorry for double-posting this, but I have to imagine that not every LA board member is following the Fitchella thread. I need location suggestions for running. Not just "regular" running, but interval running which requires short bursts of all-out sprinting followed by slow jogging, then sprinting again. For example, one might...

Warm up with a brisk walk into a slow jog for 5 mins
    Sprint all-out for 30 seconds
    Slow jog for 60 seconds
    Repeat for several intervals
    Cool down with a slow jog into a brisk walk

That's just one possible example. I live in Koreatown and I wish I could do this along Wilshire Blvd. It's perfect in some respects because from K'town to practically Beverly Hills it's fairly level, well paved and straight. The problem is all those traffic lights. Despite my heavy carriage I'm actually a very fast sprinter; always used to finish in the top 2 or 3 in PE classes. That means that if I need to sprint all-out for 30 seconds, I'm going to go pretty far for each interval and stopping for a cross walk signal is really going to hinder my ability to do that. Believe me, I'm not a hopeless harry. I've been trying to find this info online, but I keep finding expensive gyms with indoor tracks or hiking/trail routes which would not be appropriate for this activity. Basically what we're looking for here is...

• Fairly level service (no big hills).
    • Long enough stretches to sprint all out without having to change direction, stop and wait for traffic signals or other obstructions.
    • LA County. At this point, I'm willing to drive 20-30 mins to find the right spot.
    • Open to indoor solutions as well as long as they don't have unreasonable membership fees.

Help???

I do this around my neighborhood and I think you can et what you need in any residential area. Instead of sprinting for 30 seconds I use the distance between two or three electricity poles. And just wondering, why dont you just start your sprint after the traffic light or corner?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    What is lulz?? Lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post
    The 28th is the middle of March?? Holy CRAP its 56 days long!??!?! June just got OWN'D!

Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainstTheAoki View Post
    location suggestions for running
    Silver Lake reservoir?

Sorry for double-posting this, but I have to imagine that not every LA board member is following the Fitchella thread. I need location suggestions for running. Not just "regular" running, but interval running which requires short bursts of all-out sprinting followed by slow jogging, then sprinting again. For example, one might...

Slow jog for 60 seconds

That's just one possible example. I live in Koreatown and I wish I could do this along Wilshire Blvd. It's perfect in some respects because from K'town to practically Beverly Hills it's fairly level, well paved and straight. The problem is all those traffic lights. Despite my heavy carriage I'm actually a very fast sprinter; always used to finish in the top 2 or 3 in PE classes. That means that if I need to sprint all-out for 30 seconds, I'm going to go pretty far for each interval and stopping for a cross walk signal is really going to hinder my ability to do that. Believe me, I'm not a hopeless harry. I've been trying to find this info online, but I keep finding expensive gyms with indoor tracks or hiking/trail routes which would not be appropriate for this activity. Basically what we're looking for here is...

• Long enough stretches to sprint all out without having to change direction, stop and wait for traffic signals or other obstructions.
    • LA County. At this point, I'm willing to drive 20-30 mins to find the right spot.
    • Open to indoor solutions as well as long as they don't have unreasonable membership fees.

Help???
    I grew up along Wilshire in Koreatown, if you're headed towards Beverly Hills then the lights are somewhat minimal (for a major street like that), and most of them are on small streets and can be ignored.

I grew up as an LA city rat so I'll give advice/check back on this thread too.

For you Koreatown heads - when I was a kid, white people didn't live in Koreatown, they stayed in Hancock Park next door, so I'm still not used to a KTown where white people get good service and aren't stared at every time they enter a spot. Check out Frank N Hank on Western between 5th and 6th, they have cheap drinks, pool, and a really nice old Vietnamese lady who has no patience for people who act like they've never been to a bar. Drinks are cheap as shit. Also hit up La Tehuana, a taco truck on 3rd about a block east of Western on the north side of the street. Bomb as fuck! There are tons of all you can eat Korean BBQ spots and I say fuck with all of them.

Learn Spanish, watch a few Dodgers games, go to a Low End Theory night, avoid Silver Lake, buy your food off trucks... best advice I got for now.

Why avoid Silverlake? There's some decent stuff in Silverlake.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Why avoid Silverlake? There's some decent stuff in Silverlake.
    Okay, don't avoid Silver Lake generally, but avoid the night life there as it is full of hipster trash and worthless music.

Slow jog for 60 seconds

Help???
    Dude...duh. The boardwalk/strand on the beach. Uninterrupted running for miles and miles and miles. Also what about just a normal school track? Those are usually open for people for free. You can just roll up to SMC's track any night unless they have an event planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Quote Originally Posted by AndLeoObre View Post
    I do this around my neighborhood and I think you can et what you need in any residential area. Instead of sprinting for 30 seconds I use the distance between two or three electricity poles. And just wondering, why dont you just start your sprint after the traffic light or corner?
    Quote Originally Posted by Media Blitz View Post
    I grew up along Wilshire in Koreatown, if you're headed towards Beverly Hills then the lights are somewhat minimal (for a major street like that), and most of them are on small streets and can be ignored.
    Yeah, uhh... no. Maybe a quiet residential neighborhood would work. LA's Koreatown is the most densely populated urban area outside of Manhattan. Doing this kind of activity (sprinting as fast as you can in 30 second bursts without stopping for anything) would not be safe here at all; especially not in the evenings, which is when I tend to do my cardio.

And, yeah, maybe you'd care to ignore traffic signals along Wilshire, but I'd rather live to see my... nieces and nephews. I'm doing a very specific program which has allotted timed intervals for everything. It's "sprint for 30 seconds, slow jog 60 secs, sprint for 30 etc." Not "sprint until the traffic signal changes." Thanks, though!

Quote Originally Posted by shermanoaksyo View Post
    Silver Lake reservoir?
    Thanks! Gonna check it out over the weekend. From what I've read online there's a running path there that's new or been newly renovated.

Quote Originally Posted by tessalasset View Post
    Dude...duh. The boardwalk/strand on the beach. Uninterrupted running for miles and miles and miles. Also what about just a normal school track? Those are usually open for people for free. You can just roll up to SMC's track any night unless they have an event planned.
    This probably sounds shocking, but I've only been to Santa Monica once or twice. The west side's practically another country. Is there a particular spot you'd recommend parking or starting at? I guess the only way to find out is to go, but reviews I read online suggest that it's so crowded that it's difficult to run or bike fast here most times. Still... couldn't ask for a lovelier setting.

Go at sunset if you can, for a drop dead gorgeous sight. There are hardly any people. I think it gets a lot more crowded the further south you go, especially around Venice. I'd start at the pier and go north. All the lots down on the beach cost $6+, but there are meters on the cliffs and you can take the stairs down to the beach. I assume you work a normal day job so it would have to be either early in the morning or in the evening. Sometimes after work, I'll drive past my apt on the way home and just take the 10 all the way to PCH and park in one of those parking lots right on the sand to read and watch the sunset. Sometimes the strand is so empty I only see a handful of people running. I would absolutely suggest that if you have the time.

You go south of Venice though and you have an absolutely lovely bike path with very few people on it. You can start in Culver city at the river and just ride toward the beach and then along the coast for a number of miles. I used to ride that path daily when I lived in Marina Del Rey.

There you go!

Also if you wanna REALLY kick your ass, run on the sand.

Yeah, uhh... no. Maybe a quiet residential neighborhood would work. LA's Koreatown is the most densely populated urban area outside of Manhattan. Doing this kind of activity (sprinting as fast as you can in 30 second bursts without stopping for anything) would not be safe here at all; especially not in the evenings, which is when I tend to do my cardio.

And, yeah, maybe you'd care to ignore traffic signals along Wilshire, but I'd rather live to see my... nieces and nephews. I'm doing a very specific program which has allotted timed intervals for everything. It's "sprint for 30 seconds, slow jog 60 secs, sprint for 30 etc." Not "sprint until the traffic signal changes." Thanks, though!
    If you're going to be that specific, just go up one block and take 6th Street. It's completely residential west of Wilton. You have tons of residential options in Hancock Park and you can cut through those all the way to Hollywood or the West Side. Just trying to help...

I did it my whole life, but what do I know?