Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Questions for the People of Los Angeles

Default Re: Questions for the People of Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Condomints? Is that barrio speak for something fun & dirty?

Good one Tiller. Good one.
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    What is a good source for finding shows and events? I may be visitng sometime soon, and don't have the patience to try to search through the upcoming shows thread
    If you haven't found something by the time you arrive, Check out an L.A. Weekly. Good place to find shows and Rub N' Tugs.

Edit: Here you go...

http://www.laweekly.com/events/search/category:[343436]/
    Last edited by EastLos01; 12-05-2012 at 07:11 AM.
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

I found some stuff, thanks everyone. How is the satellite? I have never heard anyone talk about it on the board, but there is a show I am somewhat interested in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

VigoTheCarpathian

it's Spaceland. they changed the name or something

I found some stuff, thanks everyone. How is the satellite? I have never heard anyone talk about it on the board, but there is a show I am somewhat interested in there.
    It's a great venue, definitely a must visit if there's a band you like, i want to say capacity is <250. Parking is horrible in that area though.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/2&3 HARD Summer - 8/7 Arctic Monkeys@Staples - 8/8 Cut Copy@Brooklyn Bowl - 8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House

But the valet at Spaceland/the Satellite is cheap enough that it's not really an issue. And they do good late-night happy hour deals on their drinks.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

If its packed, try to secure a spot under the A/C vent. it could get pretty stuffy in there.

What do you guys think would be a fair price to ask for a monthly parking spot in a gated, subterranean garage? I am loaning my car to my brother for a few months so that he can commute to an internship. My parking space in my apartment complex's subterranean garage will be vacant for those months. I'm going to offer month-to-month rental of the space while it's available; obviously only offering it to fellow tenants of my building. I live in Koreatown, the most densely populated neighborhood in Los Angeles, where finding street parking is a miracle. I know there are families and couples in my building that must be paying to park their second cars off site. Does $150 seem reasonable? That's just $5 a day.

An extra space in a gated garage over here in the Arts District cost $75 per/mo. I hear what you're saying on the KTown parking and density. But $150 sounds a little high to me.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

I will be in town for a week in early January. What are some good (preferably reasonably priced) places to grab food and/or drink around the Staples Center, Fonda, and Largo? Also if you wanna hang out hit me up.
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

What week!!!

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

4th-11th

I'll be there til the 6th let's get drunk

YES!!! UP TOP, BRO!!

Hates on LA comes here for Holidays

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I will be in town for a week in early January. What are some good (preferably reasonably priced) places to grab food and/or drink around the Staples Center, Fonda, and Largo? Also if you wanna hang out hit me up.
    Staples Center has L.A. Live, a huge complex, next to it. i usually eat/drink at the Yardhouse when I'm over there. Fonda has Blue Palms next door, it's a mUSt even if you weren't going for a show. great food, great beer. Largo is pretty much on what is called "restaurant row." There's a lot of fancyish stuff walking distance from it, though The Counter is a great burger place a very short drive away near LACMA on Wilshire near fairfax.

Lemme know what you're doing when you're in town!
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Bitches coming to my town? I'm dosing your drinks.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Stink, if you like good pizza, Vito's is about a mile north of Largo on the same street.

Are you going to go to Neurosis at the Fonda on the 4th? If so, we should meet at Blue Palms beforehand and get belligerent for it.

Can I just give you the beer i was going to send to you and you can just put it in your check in,stinky.
    Translation

Rufus Wainwright @ Stern Grove 07/27/14
    Xiu Xiu @ BoTH 08/01/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainstTheAoki View Post
    What do you guys think would be a fair price to ask for a monthly parking spot in a gated, subterranean garage? I am loaning my car to my brother for a few months so that he can commute to an internship. My parking space in my apartment complex's subterranean garage will be vacant for those months. I'm going to offer month-to-month rental of the space while it's available; obviously only offering it to fellow tenants of my building. I live in Koreatown, the most densely populated neighborhood in Los Angeles, where finding street parking is a miracle. I know there are families and couples in my building that must be paying to park their second cars off site. Does $150 seem reasonable? That's just $5 a day.
    Oh, I just saw this, but I believe a fellow board-member was paying under $100/month for a spot in a structure around Normandie/Wilshire.
    last.fm
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL

RE: Pizza near Largo--I've never been to Vito's (Bmack's suggestion), but there's a place just south of Largo at the corner of La Cienega and I think 3rd that is really good in my opinion called North End Pizzeria. Good Stromboli too, something I've had difficulty finding in any form (good or bad) in LA.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Bitches coming to my town? I'm dosing your drinks.
    Like a true friend.

Zach I will bring your beer.

Drinkey, I am going to Neurosis, then Patton Oswalt the day after at the Largo, then going down south (not sure exactly where) to hang out with some friends and go to Disneyland, then coming back and going to a Clippers game, then going to Mondo Generator on the 11th. I will probably be hitting up LACMA and some other stuff too during the day, still looking for fun stuff so suggestions would be nice.

I am defintely down for Neurosis or Mondo Generator.The Largo is a great venue...I would say I just go to that but I fucking hate Patton Oswalt .
    Translation

Rufus Wainwright @ Stern Grove 07/27/14
    Xiu Xiu @ BoTH 08/01/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

El Compadre on Sunset Blvd. this past Monday night. Flaming margaritas, creamy guacamole, Old Hollywood red leather booths, impeccable service, non-overbearing live mariachi band. God bless LA and Mexicans.

If you want to eat. Me.

I second El Compadre. My favorite Mexican food in all of LA. Their carnitas is impeccable.

VigoTheCarpathian

Mr. Taco in unincorporated Whittier is closing after 35 years. Best pastor I've ever had. They have that shit rotating over a fire like the greeks do fallafal. Dec. 28 is your last chance

I like the El Compadre in Echo Park a little better than the one in Hollywood, but yeah, that place is fucking great. Those margaritas kick tits.

Stink, we will get belligerent for Neurosis. And eat good food.

If you're interested in vegan thai food, try Bulan for a decent lunch at a reasonable price, everything there is pretty delicious. I can't vouch for the imitation fish/shrimp but everything else has blown meat eaters minds.

There is also a place called Bugatta next to the Melrose Bulan location (Melrose/La Brea) - wonderful happy hour if you enjoy martinis ($6) or mixed drinks with a unique flavor (Jalepeno tequilla w/ citrus!), appetizers are faboo too, under $8 and the happy hour runs from 3-7. A great place to check out if you're not feeling an overcrowded spot on Hollywood/Sunset

Zach I will bring your beer.

Drinkey, I am going to Neurosis, then Patton Oswalt the day after at the Largo, then going down south (not sure exactly where) to hang out with some friends and go to Disneyland, then coming back and going to a Clippers game, then going to Mondo Generator on the 11th. I will probably be hitting up LACMA and some other stuff too during the day, still looking for fun stuff so suggestions would be nice.
    I am definitely going to Mondo Generator! Perhaps we could meet up beforehand too. there's an excellent German food and beer garden right around the corner called Red Lion that is fantastic. And LACMA is an amazing place. if you plan on doing the Stanley kubrick exhibit, buy tickets and reserve a time in advance. They let people into the special exhibits in groups.
    last.fm