Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: I Have Another Confirmation For You

  1. #1

    Default I Have Another Confirmation For You

    The Mountain Goats.

    My source? A close friend of mine who happens to be a close friend of John Darnielle (we all went to the Claremont Colleges in the 1990s).

    Awesome act. Go check them out if it fits your schedule.
    Last edited by walkunafraid; 01-16-2009 at 09:39 PM.

  2. #2
    Amneeziac
    Guest

    Default Re: I Have Another Confirmation For You

    Guys, Nirvana is confirmed too.

    My source? A close friend of mine who happens to be buried next to Kurt Cobain (we all got fucked up in the 90s together).

    Awesome act. Go check them out if it fits your schedule.

  3. #3
    old school zenidogx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    5,122

    Default Re: I Have Another Confirmation For You

    In the early 1990s I was shitting my pants.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

  4. #4

    Default Re: I Have Another Confirmation For You

    Quote Originally Posted by Amneeziac View Post
    Guys, Nirvana is confirmed too.

    My source? A close friend of mine who happens to be buried next to Kurt Cobain (we all got fucked up in the 90s together).

    Awesome act. Go check them out if it fits your schedule.
    Badass! Thanks for the info.

  5. #5
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,732

    Default Re: I Have Another Confirmation For You

    Quote Originally Posted by zenidogx View Post
    In the early 1990s I was shitting my pants.

  6. #6

    Default Re: I Have Another Confirmation For You

    hey Lupe Fiasco is also confirmed

  7. #7
    Coachella Junkie woogie846's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,660

    Default Re: I Have Another Confirmation For You

    Have the Mountain Goats ever played Coachella?

  8. #8
    Member seanzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Planet Telix
    Posts
    71

    Default Re: I Have Another Confirmation For You

    I don't believe they (he) have (has).

    Hopefully this guy claiming they'll be there is legit. The Mountain Goats are awesome.
    Coachellas '05, '06, '07 & '09?

  9. #9

    Default Re: I Have Another Confirmation For You

    Well, I for one would absolutely love some John Darnielle at Coachella this year.

  10. #10
    Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    DC NW
    Posts
    6,007

    Default Re: I Have Another Confirmation For You

    Quote Originally Posted by seanzie View Post
    I don't believe they (he) have (has).

    Hopefully this guy claiming they'll be there is legit. The Mountain Goats are awesome.
    By "he" do you mean Lupe or are you not sure whether tmg is plural? Lupe has played and awesomely.
    Ron Paul 2012!

    Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

  11. #11

    Default Re: I Have Another Confirmation For You

    Quote Originally Posted by psycobetabuckdown View Post
    By "he" do you mean Lupe or are you not sure whether tmg is plural? Lupe has played and awesomely.
    I'm sure "he" was referring to The Mountain Goats. John Darnielle is essentially The Mountain Goats, but he does have a band behind him at most of his gigs, so whether TMG is singular or plural is sometimes hard to decide.

  12. #12

    Default Re: I Have Another Confirmation For You

    Quote Originally Posted by seanzie View Post
    I don't believe they (he) have (has).

    Hopefully this guy claiming they'll be there is legit. The Mountain Goats are awesome.
    Yes they(he) are awesome.

    I'm sure nothing I can say will really convince people that I'm legit until the line-up is officially released.

    I don't spend enough time here to have built up a strong reputation, but I can say that last year I shared information on Rilo Kiley playing one of the annual "Coachella" Glass House shows way before it was announced, and despite initial disbelief, was proven to be legit at the end. Link: http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15334

  13. #13
    Member ZackQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rio Grande Valley
    Posts
    2,312

    Default Re: I Have Another Confirmation For You

    Quote Originally Posted by zenidogx View Post
    In the early 1990s I was shitting my pants.
    ....which is kinda gross because this dude is 37.

  14. #14
    Rover canexplain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Aurora Colorado
    Posts
    15,035

    Default Re: I Have Another Confirmation For You

    the mountain goats .... an acquired taste imo ... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

  15. #15
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,133

    Default Re: I Have Another Confirmation For You


  16. #16
    Act Like You Know real talk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Redmond, WA
    Posts
    2,763

    Default Re: I Have Another Confirmation For You

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    You were right. I was wrong.

  17. #17

    Default Re: I Have Another Confirmation For You

    Quote Originally Posted by walkunafraid View Post
    The Mountain Goats.

    My source? A close friend of mine who happens to be a close friend of John Darnielle (we all went to the Claremont Colleges in the 1990s).

    Awesome act. Go check them out if it fits your schedule.
    John Darnielle has a fantastic voice. This would be an awesome add.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me. I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me. Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags.

  18. #18
    Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    DC NW
    Posts
    6,007

    Default Re: I Have Another Confirmation For You

    Quote Originally Posted by walkunafraid View Post
    Yes they(he) are awesome.

    I'm sure nothing I can say will really convince people that I'm legit until the line-up is officially released.

    I don't spend enough time here to have built up a strong reputation, but I can say that last year I shared information on Rilo Kiley playing one of the annual "Coachella" Glass House shows way before it was announced, and despite initial disbelief, was proven to be legit at the end. Link: http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15334
    Fuck Coach board reputations. The posters who have good reputations around here are all gay for each other.
    Ron Paul 2012!

    Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Similar Threads

  1. I HAVE CONFIRMATION
    By hannibul in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-25-2008, 04:58 PM
  2. A Legitimate Confirmation
    By Memorial_07 in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 07:02 PM
  3. CONFIRMATION
    By Stefinitely Maybe in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 03-30-2007, 06:59 AM
  4. Confirmation Emails?
    By GRIME in forum Passes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-27-2007, 10:59 AM
  5. New Confirmation
    By blastyourears in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-20-2007, 11:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •