Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Your Netflix Queue

Default Re: Your Netflix Queue

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

old school

I am glad they are adding vidja games. I hope they are cheaper than gamefly and the availability is greater.

The Netflix streaming selections are getting worse and less every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

It costs $2 to add Blu-ray, so if it's like... $5 to add video games, it would be a good substitute over Gamefly. I don't see why they wouldn't have great availability. Video games don't have limits like movies do, do they? Like how Netflix doesn't always have new releases immediately?
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Gamefly doesn't have those restrictions. But publishers could easily place those same restrictions on Quickster for video games.

All of this. All of it. Is about licensing arm wrestling with content owners. The price hike. The business split. All of it.

I hope they win these arm wrestles soon, in that case. It would be comforting to know what Netflix is working toward. I mean, I'm sure they can't say anything too specific, in regards to deals that haven't happened yet, or might not happen... But the price hike and the business split's benefits aren't nearly as apparent as the inconveniences.

It doesn't help that my recent experience with Netflix streaming was having to go to Hulu to watch The Office (UK)... not because it wasn't available on Netflix, but because the audio and video quality was horrendous on Netflix, despite all the customer complaints and problem reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    I'm sorry, "Qwikster"? You're naming your business as though it were an obsolete chocolate beverage trying desperately to rebrand itself to appeal to a new generation of hipper, more discriminating children? Mom. Mom I can't get Angry Birds to work on my Droid. Mom I spilled Qwikster on my iPad 2 and now it won't turn on. Mom, why is the Qwikster jar wearing a backwards baseball cap? Doesn't it know what year it is? Don't fucking name your business Qwikster. It sounds like a nose hair trimmer.
    Qwikster is also a program that will do your taxes.

So they have now given up on splitting into two companies and abandoned "Qwikster" due to customer backlash. What a comical but embarrassing mess.

Uh:
    Now it is in talks to distribute new episodes of two cancelled TV series, "Arrested Development," formerly of the Fox network, and "Reno 911," formerly of Comedy Central. The past seasons of both shows can be streamed via Netflix -- and can be rented on DVD, too.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Netfli....html?x=0&.v=1

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    So they have now given up on splitting into two companies and abandoned "Qwikster" due to customer backlash. What a comical but embarrassing mess.
    awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

If anyone’s contemplating a take-over bid of Netflix (Amazon?) now seems like an opportune time.

Yes, I think all these fuck-ups have definitely opened the doors wide for a decent competitor to come in and sweep up all their customers. I'm surprised it hasn't happened already.

As a previous Netflix customer, I personally will not resubscribe until prices are rolled back as well.

Everybody's so going to make fun of Netflix at this year's e-commerce homecoming dance.

Fucking christ.

Netflix Instant is really sucking now. Most of the new movies are straight-to-dvd shit, the categories are cross-referenced WAY too much, AND THEY STARTED INCLUDING DVD-ONLY SELECTIONS IN THE CATEGORIES, WTF?? Just wanted to complain. I may just have to suck it up and buy cable/satellite. Hulu Plus is still okay, although I hate the goddamn repetitive commercials -- they seem to be adding more and more in recent weeks. /end rant

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...usaolp00000009

Want to watch a new movie just out on DVD from Warner Brothers? You're going to have to buy it, or wait even longer to get it from Netflix or other disc renters.

A new deal between Time Warner's movie studio and Netflix, Redbox and Blockbuster will double the "window" for new releases. That means the services will now have to wait 56 days after the discs first go on sale to offer them to their customers, instead of 28 days.

The move is part of Hollywood's ongoing campaign to bolster flagging DVD sales, and sources tell me the new deal is supposed to be announced at next week's Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. Warner Brothers executives have already talked publicly about extending the current window.

This is the second time that Warner has been able to get the rental services to wait before distributing its movies.

In 2010, it struck deals with Netflix, and later Coinstar's Redbox, to wait 28 days before renting its new discs. Coinstar and Netflix later landed similar pacts with most of the other big studios. (Coinstar did up end up in legal battles with Universal Studios and 20th Century Fox, which like this Web site is owned by News Corp.)

Two years ago, Netflix was able to argue that by delaying access to DVDs, it was able to get its hands on more streaming content, and lower prices for the discs it did buy. This time around, though, Warner won't be granting any additional digital rights to the studios. It will simply be offering them the ability to buy discs in bulk, at a significant discount to retail pricing, like they already do.

Earlier today, news broke that HBO, another Time Warner unit, would stop selling its DVDs to Netflix altogether, but sources tell me the two moves aren't directly related. Next week's planned announcement is supposed to be tied to Warner Brothers' continuing push for Ultraviolet, an industry consortium that's supposed to allow home video buyers to watch their purchases on multiple machines, in multiple formats.

Reps for Time Warner, Coinstar, Netflix and Blockbuster parent company Dish Network declined to comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Your lady's also in for drugs, right? Corinna's guy is in for murder and mine's in for a spree of home invasions. I think you're probably good.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I'm pretty sure Ronnie painted that on her, with his dick.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Good find, Patrick. Thanks.

So I have a question for you Netflix watcher in the US. Stick with me for a second...

I recently read here that Netflix in the US was going to start streaming Adventure Time, as well as a few other shows. This was enough reason for me to switch over to US Netflix and after a few google searches I found a solution that worked for me no problem.

However, I can't seem to find Adventure Time on my Netflix. All the other shows the article mentioned are up though. My question... is Adventure Time showing up on anybody else's Netflix? Im just trying to figure out what is going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Pausing pandora for your request...
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

I haven't seen it on there.

Adventure Time

Young Finn and his magical dog, Jake,.....
    26 episodes

So yeah it's there.

So is Time Rider! Score!!!

Quote Originally Posted by koryp View Post
    Adventure Time

Young Finn and his magical dog, Jake,.....
    26 episodes

So yeah it's there.
    Hmmm. Bizarre. I see Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Regular Show, and Robot Chicken, which were all apparently added yesterday, but not Adventure Time. None of those show are available in Canada, so I know I am in the U.S. Netflix, but Adventure Time isn't showing up for me. Strange. Thanks for checking for me anyways. Time to figure out what on earth is going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

I've run out of things to watch, due to the selection Netflix has provided. So I've been watching random movies and shows.

Lately:
    This Is England
    Deadliest Catch
    Grey's Anatomy
    The Walking Dead
    Sin Nombre
    Undocumented

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Hmmm. Bizarre. I see Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Regular Show, and Robot Chicken, which were all apparently added yesterday, but not Adventure Time. None of those show are available in Canada, so I know I am in the U.S. Netflix, but Adventure Time isn't showing up for me. Strange. Thanks for checking for me anyways. Time to figure out what on earth is going on.
    Weird. My girlfriend and I actually watched several episodes of it last night. Cartoon Network dumped the first season of just about all of their shows including DC superhero shows, Adult Swim, kids shows, etc. Very exciting!
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celinaishere View Post
    I've run out of things to watch, due to the selection Netflix has provided. So I've been watching random movies and shows.

Lately:
    This Is England
    Deadliest Catch
    Grey's Anatomy
    The Walking Dead
    Sin Nombre
    Undocumented
    Complex put out a nice little list of good indie movies streaming on Netflix: http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2...lix-right-now/
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Complex put out a nice little list of good indie movies streaming on Netflix: http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2...lix-right-now/
    Indeed.