Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Mood Thread

Default Re: The Great Mood Thread

Ha, I was right. Totally ridiculous.

Don't forced signings kind of defeat the purpose of giving someone a birthday card? I mean, I love getting cards, and I always keep them from friends and such, but my dept. at the public library did something similar and the cards always went straight in the trash. It's not special if it has to be passed around like a damn memo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    It is Joycian (if James Joyce were a Super Bitch).

Nick got home Friday from spending a week out of town. It is true what they say, absents makes the heart grow fonder. We have dated over a year now and I had kind of thought that we would eventually move in together after my kids reached 18 and were out of the house. That has always been my plan at least but we never really discussed it. I just know it would be hard to bring anyone into my home with my teenagers. But upon his return Friday he got all mushy with me, missed me so much that he brought up living together. The new plan is when my lease is up in my apartment we will look at a place together that will be for the two of us. This made me extremely happy and has really improved my outlook on life.

Also, I have been feeling healthy for the first time in months. My ankle is nearly healed, I went all weekend without any stomach episodes and didn't have to take any of my many drugs for my stomach, I was able to dance for 2 hours without feeling like i was gonna die. Life is getting back on track and for that I am extremely happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    Nick got home Friday from spending a week out of town. It is true what they say, absents makes the heart grow fonder. We have dated over a year now and I had kind of thought that we would eventually move in together after my kids reached 18 and were out of the house. That has always been my plan at least but we never really discussed it. I just know it would be hard to bring anyone into my home with my teenagers. But upon his return Friday he got all mushy with me, missed me so much that he brought up living together. The new plan is when my lease is up in my apartment we will look at a place together that will be for the two of us. This made me extremely happy and has really improved my outlook on life.

Also, I have been feeling healthy for the first time in months. My ankle is nearly healed, I went all weekend without any stomach episodes and didn't have to take any of my many drugs for my stomach, I was able to dance for 2 hours without feeling like i was gonna die. Life is getting back on track and for that I am extremely happy.
    I am happy for you big time.........
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

that makes me happy, audra. absence does make the heart grow fonder. randy and i's two year anniversary is today and i'm all mushy myself today. and i get free pizza at work! plur.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

I never thought I would become a mushy girl... It feels GREAT!!!

Congrats on the 2 year anniversary. That is awesome.

I never thought I would become a mushy girl... It feels GREAT!!!

Congrats on the 2 year anniversary. That is awesome.
    Just a thought: We men, boys, guys, have it told to us over and over how gals, ladies, women, like things like flowers, talking about those little moments you though we didn't notice, just stuff, but we show that and we are pussies..... an impasse? No, just give and take .... We love it when that one breath is shared ........

Each girl is different I suppose. I have never been an overly mushy girl, I don't remember anniversary dates so much and don't expect to get flowers, in fact, if a dude blows money on flowers it kinda bugs me because they just die. I would rather that money be spent on a nice dinner or something along those lines. I have become more mushy since finding a decent guy though, I appreciate all the little things so much because I just have never had anyone be so sweet to me. What some women take for granted I get all mushy over with Nick.

i do love flowers, but i agree that they are kind of a waste. i'm a fan of the single, grocery store flower too. i used to buy 99 cent roses from safeway for people all the time. i always try to let my man know what it is i expect. for example, i tell every guy straight off the bat that if they can't afford presents on my birthday/christmas/anniversary/whatever, that's fine, but i do expect a greeting card or note with a thoughtful message.

The price spread on flowers is out of this world. The incremental value you get for spending anything more than five or ten bucks is not worth it IMO. I've never seen Stephanie wowed more by expensive flowerily and the cheaper flowers seem to last just as long as anything else. Grocery stores are just so convenient. And with three ladies in the house, quantity (or shall I say frequency) prevails every time. And having the girls ‘buy them’ for their mom is a triple win.

I've been remarkably happy the past few days because on Saturday I proposed to my girlfriend and she said "yes"!

Congratulations, Greg. That is awesome. How exciting.

I'm in a good mood, too. One of my favorite people/closest friends moved overseas a year ago to teach English, and this weekend will be the first time we've seen each other since then.

Quote Originally Posted by fiyahhh! View Post
    I've been remarkably happy the past few days because on Saturday I proposed to my girlfriend and she said "yes"!
    congratulations how'd you pop the question?

Well, that's pretty sweet. Congrats. For a Monday, today is full of good mood.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    congratulations how'd you pop the question?
    We were on the beach at Half Moon Bay and I got on one knee and asked her. Pretty cliche, but it worked.

Fiyahhh! You the man! Congrats buddy!

We were on the beach at Half Moon Bay and I got on one knee and asked her. Pretty cliche, but it worked.
    anything is amazing compared to the jumbo-screen-sporting-event proposal. i think that sounds lovely! i wish you both many years of happiness.

every month we do a birthday celebration. we used to do one for everyone's birthdays, but in my time here we've grown from 8 to around 100 people, so that's not feasible. instead of giving people cards ON their birthday, we wait until the day before the party to pass out like 5 cards to the department and hope that all 100 people sign this shit. which means no one takes the time to write a personal message at ALL. the cards are generally in a manilla folder with a list of everyone's name. once you sign, you cross of your name and give it to someone else. and whenever you are handed someone a folder with a card, you are scolded not to lose it because that happens a lot. then when you hand a card to someone, you are asked a gazillion questions about "who's card is this?" "don't give it to me!" "i already signed!" even though their name is clearly not crossed out.

i get it, the cards are annoying. but please don't bitch me out; this isn't my idea.
    We don't have quite that many people in our department but we do the same thing for people's birthdays, illnesses, or deaths in the families. Most people just write "Happy birthday" and sign their name, and you can tell who's friends with who based on how much more beyond that is written. This one bitch who everybody hates (and who's been out on "FMLA" for more days this year than everybody else in the department combined) had nobody write anything more than "Happy birthday," which I found amusing. This one sales rep's mother passed away recently and I don't really care for the woman and I was very busy that day so I refused to sign the card. I passed it along 2 times and it still kept being brought back to me. I wish people would realize how retarded it is to obligate someone to write a condolence note essentially against their will.
    Oh, and my notes are always the best, namely for the people who I know something about or talk to regularly, because I personalize it. I seem to always get the card last which is a little irritating when I have something lengthy come to mind, like a song parody lyric, but it shows me what the competition is. I know it's ridiculous but if I come up with something good, I want it to be memorable and perhaps even remarked upon by the card recipient. Today was a day that I earned a remark, the lone bright spot in an otherwise shitty day.

that makes me happy, audra. absence does make the heart grow fonder. randy and i's two year anniversary is today and i'm all mushy myself today. and i get free pizza at work! plur.
    Isn't it "My and Randy's"? All the same, congratulations! (An example of the personalization that I employ. Can't you see why I'm so begrudgingly likable at work?)

Did you get free pizza in honor of your anniversary or was that just a happy coincidence?
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

one time i wrote "happy birthday" on a sympathy card for a death when i first started in my last department. but no one told me what the card was for or even who it was for. it wasn't till i read the other notes that i figured it out and thankfully was able to white that out. how can i have sympathy if i don't know what happened? that's good that you take the time to at least put something personal. we've kinda stopped doing that in our department due to the sheer volume of cards at once.

and you're probably right grammatically pizza for finishing a project. only, it was a trick. we were just told we were getting pizza, then we were all brought to a conference room with a giant SOP to review together. fucking TRICKERY.

kinda like the jews and the showers...

The new plan is when my lease is up in my apartment we will look at a place together that will be for the two of us. This made me extremely happy and has really improved my outlook on life.

Also, I have been feeling healthy for the first time in months.
    Congratulations! Being able to dance would make me feel better too

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    The price spread on flowers is out of this world. The incremental value you get for spending anything more than five or ten bucks is not worth it IMO. I've never seen Stephanie wowed more by expensive flowerily and the cheaper flowers seem to last just as long as anything else. Grocery stores are just so convenient. And with three ladies in the house, quantity (or shall I say frequency) prevails every time. And having the girls ‘buy them’ for their mom is a triple win.
    I disagree with this, but I also think it depends on the lady. Everybody has their own tastes.

I am usually delighted with any sort of gift, and will be very appreciative no matter if it's a single flower picked from my garden or a massive bouquet. But I do think that the man who takes the time to find out that I actually don't really like roses if they include filler, peruvian lilies or flamingo lilies/anthurium or carnations all that much, and I REALLY detest baby's breath, is probably a guy who cares enough to really pay attention to me. And that's an awesome thing.

If the guy gives me a bouquet of all tulips, or hydrangea, or peonies, or ranunculus, or sweet peas, or hyacinth, or lilac, or cymbidium orchids, with no filler? He's SO IN.

YAY CONGRATULATIONS THIS IS FANTASTIC.
    Last edited by Courtney; 06-29-2010 at 12:27 AM.

Thanks Hannah, Ivy, Playa, Dylan & Courtney!

Of course it matters to some degree but: I love it when I win at poker and it doesn't matter if it is 75 bucks or 750 (ok small fish for some of you) I just like to win. Tonight at poker I was the first one out (of 8) again. Last time we played 3 games and 1st out, 1st place, 2nd place. Tonight 2 games, 1st out lolz, won the 2nd game. Just so we can play a lot, when it's down to two people they usually quit and split 80/40. So I have one more then I lost both times ... Life is good ......................... Happy 4th BTW..........

old school

I'm in a fucking fantastic mood today because I just got acquitted from three felony charges.

On Saturday I went to the Forecastle music festival (devo, "smashing pumpkins", bassnectar, etc.) in Louisville, KY and it almost felt like the whole thing was a setup. There were undercovers taking people out all day. Paddy wagons just kept on rolling through filled with people just smoking bud. It was almost comical. Everyone just kept coming in the jail cell and looking at each other asking, "forecastle?" answers were always "Yep." The felony charges were obviously complete bullshit written down by the blowhard undercovers. They tried to charge hundreds of 18-28 year olds with felonies for smoking weed last weekend, and they it seems like they all failed pretty hard. The judge just kind of chuckled this morning and let me off completely, not even a misdemeanor. So yeah, great fucking mood today.

At least California is finally getting it right.

Best day of work ever! And it's only 10AM.

I’ve successfully fended off the poachers, template pushers, and land-grabbers, made friends with potential enemies, got feedback that the strat plan I put together is ‘way ahead of everyone else’s, and my bosses boss is extremely happy.

On top of that, after 100+ days of searching, I found someone I will hire and he'll be here in two weeks.

On top of that, our CFO saw me on the way out of the office late last night and then chatted me up again (this time with the Controller) at Starbucks just before 6 this morning.

On top of it all, I accidently trashed a presentation I had with tons of notes on it into the locked trashcan for shredded materials. It turns out, it was a combination lock and our Admin was able to open it. Disaster averted.

i am also having a good work day. i finally found a solution to this MAJOR problem we've been having for a very long time that seems to be working. i've also been assisting with someone else's project and i think we are finally getting caught up. i'm also not behind on my schoolwork at all. my psych yesterday really made me feel better about everything that's been going on in my life. i also have girl's night tonight! life is good

The lady at ATT couldn't open CA accounts from her computer, so she transfers me to someone who can. I wait on hold and jump through the hoops, only to get connected to the same fucking idiot.

ironic great mood? Ask to speak to her manager.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I just can't stop laughing at it. She sounded surprised.

It could be her fault for transferring you wrong or it could be they have fucked up routers on AT&T's phone number which sucks for you AND her.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what