Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Mood Thread

Default Re: The Great Mood Thread

No. The equivalent, as Wes has said, would be finding 200 dollars in a pocket of your jeans or in the cushions of your couch. Pff, lesser minds, what a crock of shit.

Find 200 dollars. Don't smile. Don't even think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Receiving an unknown overpayment back from a homogenized monthly plan isn't analogous to taking money out of an ATM unless you're immune to joy.
    The operative word here is 'unknown'. If you are stupid enough to lose track of your things, I guess you would feel happy to have them unexpectedly returned to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I hope I can always get a little joy out of finding and/or receiving money, even if it was my own to begin with. I do a little happy dance when I find $5 in a pocket of a pair of jeans I haven't worn in awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

The operative word here is 'unknown'. If you are stupid enough to lose track of your things, I guess you would feel happy to have them unexpectedly returned to you.
    So if you're planning a big purchase and save [whatever a substantial amount of money is to you] in order to cover it only to find that you've overestimated the cost and will have a considerable remainder, you feel no joy whatsoever? Ho-hum, just another day, better check and see if anybody's in an undeservedly good mood online?

Yes. My job is to be the wet blanket.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I'd say you deserve a raise, but I get the feeling you wouldn't appreciate it.

I'll take it nonetheless.

Yes. My job is to be the wet blanket.

cr****
    Last edited by canexplain; 10-15-2012 at 10:01 AM.
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    TomAz, if you are never in a good mood, why do you come here? cr****
    I laughed. Heartily.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

How positively Brokendollesque of you Ron.

I am trying to understand the mentality of a person who feels joy at being returned money that was hers to begin with. "They didn't steal it from me! This is a great day!"
    If you knew anything about how these balanced plans work, particularly in a climate where a gas bill can vary at extremes by the season, and where a balanced plan is of great benefit, then you wouldn't have to question it. But since you feel compelled to negatively chime in on anything I might say on any thread, regardless of what it pertains to, the state of your mentality remains far more in question.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

"state of your mentality"

bahahaha

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

"state of your mentality"
    That's how I'd describe it.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

Yes, that's because you're a clumsy oaf who can barely string together a coherent paragraph.

TOM QUIT IT WITH THE MEANNESS OF YOUR DISPOSITION.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

AN INSULTING OF THE BOARD MEMBER SHALL OCCUR.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Heather and I have, at the moment, finished our house hunt this weekend. After many weeks of looking, we got the heads up and about a brand new loft development and got in on the ground floor (so to speak). Size, price, quality, style, and location finally all lined up for us with this one place and we couldn't be happier! The only hang up is that the building isn't officially finished and January is the earliest move-in date, but that shouldn't be a big deal. The place is a raw loft style, but it does have room separation (we'll need to install doors if we want them. it's 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and 1200 square feet, which in this case feel particularly big because there is absolutely no wasted space on hallways or anything like that. It comes with a fully set up kitchen (minus the fridge, but including washer/dryer), central air/heat, a small balcony, and two tandem parking spots in an outdoor gated lot. The building also a has a decent-sized rooftop patio with built-in bbq with counter space and a jacuzzi. Location-wise, it's in the industrial area just outside of little Tokyo in downtown L.A. Should be awesome!

And then there's my current housing situation. All of my roommates who were in the main house are now gone and I'm still in the back house. The landlord was originally hoping to get a new renter in the main house, but now I guess she's trying to do some kind of loan mod thing with Chase, and if she doesn't get what she wants, she is going to go ahead and "give the house back." Today marks 60 days since she gave me my original 30 days notice. The good thing with all of this is that the house isn't in foreclosure yet, so whatever happens, i should be good to stay until January, which will just be perfect. The last two months have been pretty stressful, but the future looks very bright!
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

I am trying to understand the mentality of a person who feels joy at being returned money that was hers to begin with. "They didn't steal it from me! This is a great day!"
    Also, i just went back and read this whole conversation and i'm really baffled at everybody except for Tom. She should have been angry that that was overcharged and battling to get that money back from the start.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Heather and I have, at the moment, finished our house hunt this weekend. After many weeks of looking, we got the heads up and about a brand new loft development and got in on the ground floor (so to speak). Size, price, quality, style, and location finally all lined up for us with this one place and we couldn't be happier! The only hang up is that the building isn't officially finished and January is the earliest move-in date, but that shouldn't be a big deal. The place is a raw loft style, but it does have room separation (we'll need to install doors if we want them. it's 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and 1200 square feet, which in this case feel particularly big because there is absolutely no wasted space on hallways or anything like that. It comes with a fully set up kitchen (minus the fridge, but including washer/dryer), central air/heat, a small balcony, and two tandem parking spots in an outdoor gated lot. The building also a has a decent-sized rooftop patio with built-in bbq with counter space and a jacuzzi. Location-wise, it's in the industrial area just outside of little Tokyo in downtown L.A. Should be awesome!

And then there's my current housing situation. All of my roommates who were in the main house are now gone and I'm still in the back house. The landlord was originally hoping to get a new renter in the main house, but now I guess she's trying to do some kind of loan mod thing with Chase, and if she doesn't get what she wants, she is going to go ahead and "give the house back." Today marks 60 days since she gave me my original 30 days notice. The good thing with all of this is that the house isn't in foreclosure yet, so whatever happens, i should be good to stay until January, which will just be perfect. The last two months have been pretty stressful, but the future looks very bright!
    Sounds way cool dude. I watch all of those programs about people looking for places new to live in. I sometimes get tired of my place being the same for so long, but it's almost paid off and only $400 a month. I was thinking earlier; There were a few years in my life where I threw a sheet in the middle of the living room, threw all my stuff on it, picked it up and was ready to move. 1 hour max. Gezz, I couldn't do a single room of mine now in that time. cr****

Also, i just went back and read this whole conversation and i'm really baffled at everybody except for Tom. She should have been angry that that was overcharged and battling to get that money back from the start.
    Sorry Drinkey, I'll explain how these plans work. A balanced plan has you pay an equal payment every month so that when winter hits, you don't have to worry about an excessively high monthly payment when you have to use a lot more fuel. You pay more in the summer to make up for the difference. But the amount is determined by your prior year's usage - it's an estimate. So when you use less than what the estimation was for from the prior year, you get a refund for that difference.

Layaway utilities.

Oh, Canada.
    last.fm

Tom is weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I feel the same way about people excited about tax returns and wanting to blow it on stuff every year as if it were free money.
    last.fm

I feel the same way about people excited about tax returns and wanting to blow it on stuff every year as if it were free money.
    Finally, somebody who gets it.

Just for kicks ...no. If you intentionally claim less knowing they are taking it out of your check, is like a forced savings account. Yea I know about interest in a bank yadda, whatever. If I want to buy a new tv or whatever from my "savings" account, good for me. It's not free money, it's earned money to do as I please. cr****

Yes, that's because you're a clumsy oaf who can barely string together a coherent paragraph.
    When you insult someone there should be some truth to it. You need to get better at this as opposed to just frequent at it.

Ok, how's this: you're a fucking cow.

You really are laughable. That's the best you could do?