Thread: Damon Albarn Demos New Gorillaz Tracks On BBC Radio1 Today, As In NOW!

Default Damon Albarn Demos New Gorillaz Tracks On BBC Radio1 Today, As In NOW!

If you can take a break from fantasizing about Blur in Hyde Park for just a few minutes this afternoon, Damon Albarn will be playing new Gorillaz demos on BBC Radio1 when he fills in as a guest DJ for Zane Lowe.

The show will air from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. GMT (2 p.m. to 4 p.m. EST), and you can listen live through the Radio1 web site. Joining Albarn on the show will be Radio1 DJ Steve Lamacq and, apparently, Gorillaz bassist Murdoc Niccals. Albarn will be playing the demos from the as-yet untitled album, plus some of his favorite tunes and a few Blur radio sessions.

As for what type of conversation we can expect between “Murdoc” and Albarn, based on the message from Murdoc to his fans on several Gorillaz fansites, it should be good.

“Let’s try and clear this up,” said the cartoon creation. “As far as I can work out, I, Murdoc Niccals, the Gorillaz musical auteur, have been requested by the BBC to take over Zane Lowe’s radio show this Wednesday. Sounds simple. They want ‘the guy who wrote all those Gorillaz tunes’.”

He added: “But now apparently ‘Damon Albarn’, is hosting this farce and he’s going to be playing some of the new Gorillaz demos, and ‘would I like to maybe put in an appearance, say hello, kind of thing’. Shurely [sic], some kind of admin mistake. So yeah, folks, I’ll put in an appearance this Wednesday, for sure. Let’s find out who’s hosting who, exactly.”
    !!!
    Last edited by BlackSwan; 01-14-2009 at 11:00 AM.

Default Re: Damon Albarn Demos New Gorillaz Tracks On BBC Radio1 Today, As In NOW!

yay.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Default Re: Damon Albarn Demos New Gorillaz Tracks On BBC Radio1 Today, As In NOW!

wow.
    "Choke on that Causality!"

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I don't give a shit if the Killers are playing; I'll watch something else-even if it's watching the poor churro man get trampled by stoners.

I'll admit I haven't listened to Blur in a while, but have always been a fan. Hearing Albarn play these choice tracks (not live) on the radio show has increased my excitement for their reunion. I hope truly hope to see Gorillaz & Blur this year.