Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: American Idol '09 Thread

Default Re: American Idol '09 Thread

I'm so excited that they're giving Ricky Braddy and Jesse Langseth a shot at the wild card spots! They were two of my favorites.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

sad face...lol i spoiled it for myself by looking at the comment, but you're crazy missy! mr. no personality and average betty davis eyes? give me megan corkrey and kumar....er i mean anoop anyday =)

i am a bit surprised Kendall (country girl) didn't make it into consideration for the wild card. She has that "package" thing going for her the judges like to mention occasionally.

ya...me too. not too happy that von, ricky, and jesse are in there.

but to keep my decent track record going....the saved people are:

megan corkrey
    anoop
    matt giraud

I'm angry they brought Tatianna back, that bitch is annoying and needs to shut up.

She was put through for pure trainwreck entertainment value.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

and....she can kinda sing :-/

Yes but there were better singers then her who could have been put through to the wildcard round. But there always has to be some ratings contestant... Sanjaya comes to mind.

i agree with the ratings thing 100 percent...but honestly, i don't know who was better than her. maybe felicia barton =)

I kind of liked the big black guy from Tuesday, or the guy with the sick mother and funky hairdo. I am so bad with names. ugh.

what happened to the spaz that looks like Yablo ?
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    I kind of liked the big black guy from Tuesday, or the guy with the sick mother and funky hairdo. I am so bad with names. ugh.
    haha i know what you mean...jun'ot just didn't seem that amazing to me, nor kai. i liked kai at first too...

I just don't want to have to watch/listen to the squealy/giggly/teary chick. And what the fuck was she wearing yesterday.

From entertainment weekly

where the eff was Mishavonna Henson?
    Im pissed

lol i know she's your friend and all, but she's lucky she made it to the top 36. definitely not top 12 worthy.

it will be a good show tonight i think, and we can tell tatina good bye again!!!! cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Lame thoughts whilst watching tonight:

Michael Jackson Night (could be terrible)

Judges walking out? Will this happen every week?

Lil Rounds – The Way You Make Me Feel: Sounding good. Comfortable on stage. Weird “you’re the one for me”. It’s professional, but at that Vegas show level. Good, but not Wow.

Randy, Kara and Paula are over compensating in their praise. Simon knows what he’s talking about.

Scott MacIntyre - Keep the Faith: Could be a smart move picking obscure song. Sounds like there’s a reason it’s obscure. Not sounding good. Bad damn song choice. Sounds like a bad, 80’s TV show song opening. Scott no longer invincible.

Kara’s blowing him with the”message” compliments. The Simon – Randy tandem is right.

Danny Gokey - PYT: Strange opening. Does good in the first chorus. Stand out of the night so far, but nothing special. His voice isn’t distinct enough. but he’s putting out a good vibe.

Paula’s nuts. Good of Danny to admit to his dancing awkwardness.

Michael Sarver – You Are Not Alone: Weird Phrasing. Corn ball big moment. He’s says “Awwrooone”. Lame end. He’ll get a lot of votes unfortunately. I wouldn’t stop if I heard that coming out of a lounge.

Jasmine Murray – I’ll Be There: The best looking of the contestants package wise. Not the best singing. She doesn’t sing the meaning of the words. “Theee (break) air” She sings like those kid stars that want to market themselves in all mediums. Bland.

She doesn’t interact with the judges. Just smiles nervously. She has no chance of going far.

Kris Allen – Remember the Time: Good choice potentially. Sounding good. At this point, this is the most commercial performance. He’s got the girl vote. Singing was ok, but the performance got him a following.

The info the judges are pouring out about him helping the other contestants will put this guy in the lead at this point. “Very well, job done” said Randy.

Allison Iraheta – Give in to Me: Biggest voice of the night. Her store experience is working for her. She’s comfy up there. Good job. If she changes up her performances, could go far.

Anoop Desai- Beat It: That jacket is hideous. Guitar sounds wrong. “Maach-oo Maaa-an” no. Song emphasizes what a geek-bro he is. Not the best choice.
    He’s getting the kareokee from all the judges, but they’re right. Possibly gone this week.

Jorge Nunez – Never Can Say Goodbye: Who doesn’t like Jorge? He sounds like he pinches the back of his nasal area. No. Another kareokee. Sounds like a dated song that wasn’t brought up to date. Jorge could go.

Megan Corkrey – Rockin Robin: Why the hell is she singing this song? She can obviously sing, but this song is so fucking wrong. It’s amusement park singer time. She looks good.

Hey. Justin Guarini is sitting behind Simon.

Adam Lambert – Black & White: Damn. He’s singing it right. He’s definitely entertaining to watch. Good screaming. He ain’t going home. But I still don’t dig his voice. He’s a pro. I would bet this is one of the most viewed youtube clips from this show.

Matt Giraud – Human Nature: Good choice. Nice singing. Doing good on the high parts. A break in the highs. Decent, but can’t win it all.

Alexis Grace – Dirty Diana: Unexpected. She’s getting the sweet lighting and direction. Outfit is lame. Not a good song choice. Her vocal is getting lost in the music. Sang good, but bad song to sing.

If there were placements, this is how I would go:

13) Jorge
    12) Anoop
    11) Michael
    10) Jasmine
    9) Scott
    8) Megan
    7) Lil
    6) Alexis
    5) Matt
    4) Danny
    3) Kris
    2) Adam
    1) Allison

Ok seriously, Paula is fucked UP.
    What was she on tonight?? I cringe whenever she tries to form a sentence this whole season.

Anyway, I like Jorge. I thought a little tweaking of the arrangement would have made it a better performance. But he has a great voice!

I'm surprised 2 of the idols picked semi-obscure songs (Keep the Faith and Give Into Me, both singles from DANGEROUS).

I pictured Lambert doing Dirty Diana rather than Black Or White.
    While he did good, Paula SERIOUSLY over praised him.

So far, I'm still rooting for Danny, Matt, Jorge, and Lil'. Anyone else its expendable to me!

My dad, being puerto rican, is supporting Jorge by voting haha
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt
    I know it's hard, but try not to turn into GPS. It is just unfortunate for us all.

i still like Jorge and don't want him gone, but that was a baaad song for him to choose. His singing was tight instead of smooth. i put Anoop ahead of him because at least he had train wreck appeal. A lot of the people tonight weren't acting like they believed they should be there. Jorge didn't have any command of the stage tonight.

Lambert would have done Dirty Diana better for sure, but that's a song i could never get down with and don't think it has aged well. Paula overpraises everything. Can't get the cheerleader out of that chick.
    Last edited by ivankay; 03-10-2009 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil50 View Post
    lol i know she's your friend and all, but she's lucky she made it to the top 36. definitely not top 12 worthy.
    You must not have ears. She definitely belongs in that top 12. You seriously can't tell me Jasmine, Anoop, Jorge, or Scott have better voices than her.

Danny and Lil' will be the top 2 watch, maybe even the little 16 yr old red head girl will make it that far too.

Since the voting audience is mostly young teen girls I am going to put it between Chris Allen (cute young boy), Allison (16 year old red head) and maybe Danny.

??? A bland pop cover of the CRUE for the sucky singer send-off montage?! That's some fuckery right there.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by indietron View Post
    You must not have ears. She definitely belongs in that top 12. You seriously can't tell me Jasmine, Anoop, Jorge, or Scott have better voices than her.
    sorry bud...there's a reason why she hasn't made it very far in back to back years.

my top three are

danny
    adam
    megan

just cuz =)

SunuvaBITCH.
    I am shocked Jorge got the boot! Anoop seriously should have been out.
    I was really hoping the judges would save him, but I guess they want to hold out for someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt
    I know it's hard, but try not to turn into GPS. It is just unfortunate for us all.

That save factor should be interesting if it gets used. It's good that it has to be unanimous, used only once up to the 5 and 2 are gone the next week. i could only imagine at this point 3 of the 11 don't have a chance at a unanimous vote: Anoop, Megan and Michael. The other 8 have a shot at getting all 4.

Using Scott in the dance numbers is strange. If they want to get the best out of him, just have him play and sing during the song. i admire the way they're pulling it off, but there's a better show in there than the "everybody dance" routines. The rest can dance around him. If they could get the other players in there, that could be a good opening number if they could pick up the song fast enough.

Kanye was a'ight.

Kelly was sounding good. She's definitely one of the better singers that get to sing on the television. Whenever i come across her on a show, she's always singing pretty great. That song should do very good for her.

Random, broken thoughts and stuff:

Introducing the hosts as the priest and pristesses of Idol again. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Country week? Sarver's safe. Randy Travis in da house. Congratulations Carrie!

Michael Sarver - "Ain't Going Down til the Sun Comes Up" - Bad song to choose. He's not showing off the singing, just getting through the words and the end (yeah, yeah yeah), corny. He's safe unfortunately.

Simon gives him 1.2 out of 10? Maybe 1.9.

Alison Iraheta - Blame It on Your Heart - She has a great speaking voice. Kinda ok, but she came out big in the end. Best voice of the show, no doubt.

Kris Allen - He has the good opening crane shot. Close ups on his noggin is getting him votes. He's making the song his own. He has an echo? Ladies are drinking this up. Great song choice for him. Good high note at the end.

Lil Rounds - Independence Day: Lookin’ hot Lil. Her voice isn't big enough. She's a good singer and knows how, but her voice isn’t standing out.

Simon calls her Little? Not good. Hello Paula's boobs.

Adam Lambert - Ring of Fire: This is terrible and fascinating. That boy just committed sacrilege. Randy pulls out the NIN comparison. Randy just committed sacrilege.

Scott MacIntyre - Wild Angels: Scott's pure and all, but his singing is thin and sounds like it comes from the back of his head. Not a good song choice. Scott needs to get out more. His song choices are dull and that's making his performance dull.

Alexis Grace - Jolene: Could be good. It isn't. No story telling going on here. Sing the story and you should be fine. "I had fun"...she knows she did meh.

Danny Gokey - Jesus Take the Wheel: He's borrowing Anoop's jacket. Ok, he's nailing the chorus. The beginning was ok. He's got the kick ass lighting. Winner of the night at this point.

Anoop Desai - You Were Always on My Mind: Eh. How could you not think of Elvis when someone sings this song? Sings from his head. Come on. It wasn't that good. Judges are victims of low expectations.

Megan Joy (what happened to Corkney?) - Walkin After Midnight: Purty. Jazzin it up not good. Makes you think of a lounge. Ok, she gets flu points.

Matt Giraud - So Small: Playing to win. Great job. Matt is going to get Scott kicked out. He's playing with soul and confidence. Scott is singing uncertain. Best of the night

Here’s how I’d go:
    11) Scott (could go home)
    10) Sarver (should go home)
    9) Lil (not standing out)
    8) Alexis (Where are the guts?)
    7) Megan (nice and gets sick points)
    6) Adam (Terrible, but interesting)
    5) Anoop (exceeded expectations)
    4) Alison (girl’s got a gift)
    3) Kris (solid and heart felt)
    2) Danny (Big finish, voice is good)
    1) Matt (coming off as the complete package)

Good analysis ivan.

On another note. What in the world does the new judge add?
    She is just another boring pop lover. If they needed to add a judge,
    why not someone that likes their music a bit edgier than the original 3?

Done. Conversation over.

I love this kid.