Thread: Driving from the East coast, need passengers!

Thumbs up Driving from the East coast, need passengers!

Hi East coasters!

I'm going to be driving from Albany, NY to Indio, Ca for Coachella this year and need some passengers! So far I believe we have 3 total people going but that number can fluctuate. We have one vehicle with 4 or 5 passenger seats I believe. If gas stays where it's at the cost will be ABOUT $250 each way. If you split that by 4 people then it's $125 total per person round trip. Then you obviously have to buy tickets and junk.

Ride with me and you'll save on airfare and we'll have a more fun time getting out there. I've driven the past two years from Utah so this should be fun. Also we'll be driving all through the US, hitting some stops all over and definitely driving through Salt Lake City and Las Vegas so if we don't have enough east coasters we could pick people up along the way.

Feel free to respond to this thread, send me an email, or an IM if you are interested in driving! Or if you are driving as well we could set up a convoy of sorts...

Oh and for the record we are some very chill people just looking to have a good time.

B

Default Re: Driving from the East coast, need passengers!

sounds like fun. i have meet up with friends from all over doing this. one year my friends drove in from chicago.

wow, that's one hell of a road trip. including the 3 days for coachella, won't that put you on the road for almost two weeks? i wish i had that much time to take off work.
    Coachella 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11
    Lollapalooza 95, 96, 97, 03, 08
    Rock The Bells 07, 09, 10
    Sasquatch 10
    Bonnaroo 09
    Vegoose 07, RIP
    Mile High 09

Upcoming Shows
    6/9 - Deftones/Dillenger | 6/10 - Cake | 6/17 - Buckethead | 6/28 - Glitch Mob | 7/25 - APC | 7/30 - LA Rising (Rage, Muse, Lauryn Hill, Rise Against) | 8/12 - Cut//Copy

vinylmartyr

at least rent an rv or a van.

vinylmartyr

For $500 you may as well fly.

im flying from boston to palm springs thursday night leaving monday morning, all in all it cost me a little under $400, (a little faster as well)

Yeah, if I was going alone it would be cheaper to fly but if we can get 3-4+ people it'll be cheaper to drive plus a good excuse to take off work, meet some people, and see a bunch of interesting crap along the way. If we split up driving and drive 12 hours a day it will take 3 and a half days, if we leave early in the mornings like 5 am we'll be at our destination for the day at 5pm giving us some time to relax and hang out and get a good night sleep in before 5am the next day. If we drive straight through we can get there in less than two days.

We'd be down for renting a van or something but as it stands there's only 3 of us and we have a comfortable car, one of those mini SUV types. So all in all, 4 days out, 4 days back, 3 days of concert, it will be under two weeks, and if no one has anything important to get back to we could take our time getting home just chillin' around the country =)

Also, as it stands we know around 4 people in Utah who need rides. So if you wanna come with us, the further east the better that way we can all split gas better and not have empty seats for most of the ride.

See you all out at Coachella 09 =)

I applaud your dedication. If anyone deserves to win Carpoolchella it's the ones that trek from the East Coast or Canada. I think some chick won last year and she was from Palm Springs. Pfft.

Yeah! And I can't even win, being from NY =( Maybe I can fake another state...Also, DVNO is the bestest.

Just an update, we now have 4 people driving from NY and have room for another one or two people. Let me know if you see this, are relatively east, would like to drive to Coachella, would like to help pay gas, and are chill! It's an exclusive group but one worth being in.

Lurker

yooooo, im so down. i live in canada right, but i can get to albany for sureee. if you still have a spot, let me know, ill cut in whatever i have to etc etc. my email is vitruvian_rush@hotmail.com. I got screwed out of my bus ticket TODAY, and im really in a jam. REAAAAAAALLY hope to hear from you guys.

plus i could totally win carpoolchella, im trekking like 6000 miles haha

EDIT: as a matter of fact, i dont trust my friggin email. If you get this and its plausible for me to come, call me at 1-905-642-0980
    my name's kris.

EDIT: or email me, either way. Man im pumped now.
    Last edited by November; 04-08-2009 at 09:49 PM.