Page 4 of 120 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cooking Thread

Default Re: The Cooking Thread

Pho Ga is one of my most favorite things on this earth.

As far as the Phad Thai, I must not be using the right kind of fish sauce, but I recently found an ethnic market in my town, so I'll try some of that.

My stuffed, bacon wrapped chicken boobies are in the oven. If they turn out purty I'll post a picture tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by feather View Post
    Private board meeting in the executive PAWffice this weekend. I'll have your coffee how you like it, beer instead of coffee.

So this was dinner. Bacon wrapped, asparagus mushroom and cheese stuffed chicken breast on a bed of Parmesan couscous with sauteed asparagus on the side.

It was fantastic.

Private board meeting in the executive PAWffice this weekend. I'll have your coffee how you like it, beer instead of coffee.

That looks really good. what kind of cheese did you use?

Just a little bit of jack cheese.

YUM, that looks awesome. Last night when I got home from playing poker I put a roast in the crockpot with some rotelle tomatoes, onions, chili powder, jalepenos and spices. I woke up and it smelled soooo good, but wasn't quite cooked enough to shred yet. But when I get home I will be having a very tasty shreaded beef burrito.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Right on. I do that once in a while too, but usually it's for pulled pork sandwiches.

I do it with chicken or beef usually but I have made some great green chili pork that way as well. Just not quite as easy because you have to boil and grind up the tomatillos.

Quote Originally Posted by All Your Base View Post
    So this was dinner. Bacon wrapped, asparagus mushroom and cheese stuffed chicken breast on a bed of Parmesan couscous with sauteed asparagus on the side.

It was fantastic.

That looks good! Next time to be healthier, take the bacon off before eating. You will still have a little flavor from it, but more importantly it already did its job; holding in the moist flavor of the chicken.

I tried cooking a ribeye with out a grill for the first time last night. Turned out alright, not what I wanted it to be though.

I ground up some macadamia nuts and added a little butter. Marinated the ribeye itself for about 3 hours in red wine, salt and pepper.

This is where I learned something- Don't cook the meat in the oven for more than 10 min. It should not even hit the temp of Rare in the oven. I should have taken it out prior to the twenty minutes I left it in.

It was already Rare temp when I took it out, but I wanted that mac nut crust on it with butter so I through it on the stove burner. Ended up having a Med-Well steak. Not horrible, but I like my meat Med-rare, or rare.

Also had mash pot and asparagus in lime and chili juice. Strawberries smoothies to top!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

I was gonna buy some porterhouse steaks last night because they were on sale and I have been having a steak craving, but I no longer have a grill and that is the only way I know how to cook a steak the way I like it. I still want some frickin steak though, I may have to take myself out to dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    I was gonna buy some porterhouse steaks last night because they were on sale and I have been having a steak craving, but I no longer have a grill and that is the only way I know how to cook a steak the way I like it. I still want some frickin steak though, I may have to take myself out to dinner.
    Here's what you do:

Question - do you have a cast iron or stainless steel frying pan? A dutch over would work also. If you do...

First, let your steak sit out for at least an hour before cooking. You want to take the chill off the meat before you cook it. Go ahead and season it the way you want. Dry-rub seasoning is best. When you marinate a steak, you run the risk of drying it out. I know that sounds counter-intuitive, just trust me.
    Preheat your oven to 500 degrees.
    Heat up your pan with a little bit of butter or olive oil, and sear the outside of your steak...no more than 2 minutes per side.
    Once it's good and seared, put the pan in your hot oven. For medium rare steak, you want to cook it for about 4 minutes on one side in the oven, and then another 3-4 minutes on the other side.
    Take the steak out and LET IT REST FOR AT LEAST 5 minutes on a plate...not in the pan. It will continue to cook in it's own juices once you take it out. Also, pour just a little bit of olive oil on top of your steak once you take it out. The steak will sop up that goodness and be so juicy, you won't believe it.

NOTE: This will make a mess, so you really want a mesh screen to put on top of your pan.

THAT is how to cook a steak without a grill.
    Last edited by All Your Base; 02-18-2009 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vogina View Post
    That looks good! Next time to be healthier, take the bacon off before eating. You will still have a little flavor from it, but more importantly it already did its job; holding in the moist flavor of the chicken.
    The bacon was nice and crispy and it tasted awesome. We don't eat a ton of bacon, so it was all good.

Quote Originally Posted by vogina View Post

I tried cooking a ribeye with out a grill for the first time last night. Turned out alright, not what I wanted it to be though.

I ground up some macadamia nuts and added a little butter. Marinated the ribeye itself for about 3 hours in red wine, salt and pepper.

This is where I learned something- Don't cook the meat in the oven for more than 10 min. It should not even hit the temp of Rare in the oven. I should have taken it out prior to the twenty minutes I left it in.

It was already Rare temp when I took it out, but I wanted that mac nut crust on it with butter so I through it on the stove burner. Ended up having a Med-Well steak. Not horrible, but I like my meat Med-rare, or rare.

Also had mash pot and asparagus in lime and chili juice. Strawberries smoothies to top!
    Read my post about how to cook a steak without a grill above, and enjoy! It works perfectly. Steaks are juicier than on the grill this way too.
    Last edited by All Your Base; 02-18-2009 at 08:33 AM.

How much do I increase the cooking time if I want medium to medium well steak?

How much do I increase the cooking time if I want medium to medium well steak?
    Maybe 5-6 minutes on side one, and 5-6 minutes on the other side. I've added a line to the instructions, so check that out too. You can check to see if it's done...just make a cut in the center of the steak. If it's not done enough, throw it back in for a couple more minutes.

EDIT: That pan will be hot as shit! Be careful! I burned myself pretty good about a month ago, and that was THROUGH the potholders.
    Last edited by All Your Base; 02-18-2009 at 08:40 AM.

I do it with chicken or beef usually but I have made some great green chili pork that way as well. Just not quite as easy because you have to boil and grind up the tomatillos.
    Remind me to send you my recipe for pazole. I make the best pazole around.

I make a pretty rocken pazole myself. I also make the best Chili Relleno's ever, better then you can get in most restaraunts. It is a long process but they are oh so good. OK I am making myself hungry again. I bought $240 worth of groceries and didn't bring shit for lunch. duh

I brought some leftover ham-scalloped potatoes with corn and Ortega chilies in it.

ahhh Photos?? It's on!!!
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Excellent. All excellent stuff here.
    Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

YUM, that looks awesome. Last night when I got home from playing poker I put a roast in the crockpot with some rotelle tomatoes, onions, chili powder, jalepenos and spices. I woke up and it smelled soooo good, but wasn't quite cooked enough to shred yet. But when I get home I will be having a very tasty shreaded beef burrito.
    I need to get a crock pot.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

I love my crock pot. The beef was so tender by the time I got home, i was able to shread the whole roast in a few minutes. I also make pot roast in there, I just sear the outsides of the roast on the stove top, then put it in the crock pot, put a little water in the searing pan to get the juices out and pour that over the top with some potatoes, carrots, onions and spices and leave for the day, come home to a perfectly cooked roast. Best invention ever for working people who like to come home to a nice cooked meal but don't want a wilma flinstone type wife.

NO MORE FABIO

THIS ISN'T TOP SCALLOPS, THIS IS TOP CHEF!

HOW IS SHE WITH HIM!!

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

That's crap that the second to last picture airbrushed her scar out.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

She's good looking and all, but not nearly as good looking as my stuffed chicken breast.

^^hahaha

I'm doing Pasta con Le Sarde tonight. It's a bit of a peculiar dish, not for everyone, but I found fresh sardines today at the market and I miss Sicily like crazy (its been a year since my last stay) so I'm going all out. Photos later.

my recipe is from nonna but I approve of Mario Batali's:
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/m...ipe/index.html
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Does anyone have a good crock pot recipe for a beef roast? I have a fairly large roast (about 4 pounds), and would like to cook it in a crock pot, but I'm tired of the typical onions, potato, carrot recipes.

Anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I swear to god. Harrison Ford better not be fucking dead.

You need those typical onions, potatoes, and carrots. Its like the holy trinity of cooking a pot roast.

Try mixing up the types of onions (cipollini) and potatoes (fingerling).
    Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    Stop being a pussy should be the answer to all of life's problems. It has worked for me so far.

I just did the typical crock pot beef roast and it turned out amazing. Another thing that I do is throw in some rotelle tomatoes, onions, green chilis, chili powder, salt and garlic and then shred it up when it is done for burritos. Those are the only two things I have ever done but one good thing about a crock pot is you can do just about anything in there. You could put some egg noodles, get one of the stroganoff packages from the spice isle at the store and put some water in there and have Beef Stroganoff. OK this thread should not be visited before lunch time.

Quote Originally Posted by disgustipated View Post
    You need those typical onions, potatoes, and carrots. Its like the holy trinity of cooking a pot roast.

Try mixing up the types of onions (cipollini) and potatoes (fingerling).

Come on homie, think outside the box (clearly I'm unable to). I need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I swear to god. Harrison Ford better not be fucking dead.

then use other root veggies. Turnips, parsnips, rutabaga...
    Stop being a pussy should be the answer to all of life's problems. It has worked for me so far.

I have done something like this...

You take salt, pepper and garlic powder and rub it into the roast. Cover with 1-2 cans of cream of mushroom soup + 1 packet of Lipton onion soup mix. Fill pot with water. Boom. done