Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
Results 331 to 360 of 364

Thread: Wtf is so amazing about the Smiths...

  1. #331
    Member paganman7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    2,364

    Default Re: Wtf is so amazing about the Smiths...

    And I agree with Tom about their image being carefully cultivated and fabricated. There's no way someone as depressed and downtrodden as Morrissey would spend as much time as he does on that stupid fucking hair style; you don't just wake up in the morning and suddenly have a 10 centimeter high Daryl Hall do...it takes effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I swear to god. Harrison Ford better not be fucking dead.

  2. #332
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    41,024

    Default Re: Wtf is so amazing about the Smiths...

    Quote Originally Posted by coolhandluke View Post
    I like how you can replace all of Tom's arguments with any bad that has emotional lyrics. IE I think Radiohead is a marketing scheme and Thom Yorke's lyrics are just a plot to get stupid people to buy their over-pretentious music.
    You don't understand what I'm saying at all.

    I don't dislike the Smiths because they're emotional. I dislike them because they -- well really he, Morrissey -- seems fake to me. Contrived. etc. He's not believable. He's a sham.

    The reasons I think he's a sham I have tried to explain here. Basically, I don't think anyone can be that one-dimensional, that miserable all the time, and never experience any other emotions. I see a man very conscious of his image (hair, etc).

    Now I suppose you could say David Bowie was image-conscious and somewhat fake too. But there's a key difference -- Bowie never tried to hide the fact that it was all an act, a show. That was part of the art -- Bowie was a circus, you knew it was a circus, and you enjoyed it for being a circus, and an awesome circus it was. Morrissey on the other hand puts on a circus and tells you "This is not a circus. This is real life." In that respect he reminds me of a televangelist -- a greasy, slick, lying televangelist who bilks widows out of their life savings.

    (Amy I think that answers your question too. Morrissey gets a strong negative reaction from me because he's a lying televangelist).

    That having been said I hope the Smiths do reunite and play Coachella, because it would make a lot of my friends happy and I could go watch something else.


    Quote Originally Posted by coolhandluke View Post
    True but for the most part thier lyrics are quite dark. They aren't as blatant as Morrisseys' though.
    Radiohead is not a one trick pony though.
    Last edited by TomAz; 01-13-2009 at 06:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  3. #333
    old school shotglass75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,314

    Default Re: Wtf is so amazing about the Smiths...

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    You don't understand what I'm saying at all.

    I don't dislike the Smiths because they're emotional. I dislike them because they -- well really he, Morrissey -- seems fake to me. Contrived. etc. He's not believable. He's a sham.

    The reasons I think he's a sham I have tried to explain here. Basically, I don't think anyone can be that one-dimensional, that miserable all the time, and never experience any other emotions. I see a man very conscious of his image (hair, etc).

    Now I suppose you could say David Bowie was image-conscious and somewhat fake too. But there's a key difference -- Bowie never tried to hide the fact that it was all an act, a show. That was part of the art -- Bowie was a circus, you knew it was a circus, and you enjoyed it for being a circus, and an awesome circus it was. Morrissey on the other hand puts on a circus and tells you "This is not a circus. This is real life." In that respect he reminds me of a televangelist -- a greasy, slick, lying televangelist who bilks widows out of their life savings.

    (Amy I think that answers your question too. Morrissey gets a strong negative reaction from me because he's a lying televangelist).

    That having been said I hope the Smiths do reunite and play Coachella, because it would make a lot of my friends happy and I could go watch something else.




    Radiohead is not a one trick pony though.

    I really thought I wouldn't have to start my day off with dealing with your idiotic comments today TomAZ but as always, you cease to amaze me with how much of an idiot you can be. It's probably my fault in thinking that people in this country can't be THAT much of a sperm-head. I underestimated your abilities.

    I would imagine you probably don't like NIN for the same reasons. Trent can't be that angry all the time.
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

  4. #334
    old school shotglass75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,314

    Default Re: Wtf is so amazing about the Smiths...

    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    So either Morrissey is a whiny little ****** for real or he's just pretending to be a whiny little ****** for the money. What's the difference whether it's genuine? Either way, you're listening to whiny little ****** music.
    God I hate it when you crack my shit up Randy. Hilarious
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

  5. #335
    Member ZackQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rio Grande Valley
    Posts
    2,312

    Default Re: Wtf is so amazing about the Smiths...

    Spermhead?

  6. #336
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    41,024

    Default Re: Wtf is so amazing about the Smiths...

    Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    I really thought I wouldn't have to start my day off with dealing with your idiotic comments today TomAZ but as always, you cease to amaze me with how much of an idiot you can be. It's probably my fault in thinking that people in this country can't be THAT much of a sperm-head. I underestimated your abilities.
    You don't refute anything I say on substance. You know I'm right.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  7. #337
    old school Tylerdurden31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY...the non-hipster part
    Posts
    3,847

    Default Re: Wtf is so amazing about the Smiths...

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    You don't refute anything I say on substance. You know I'm right.
    Tom...you're an idiot...duh...oh and a spermhead...just accept it.

  8. #338
    old school shotglass75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,314

    Default Re: Wtf is so amazing about the Smiths...

    Quote Originally Posted by ZackQ View Post
    Spermhead?
    What you think? Looking for new put downs. Not sure if it works. try using it, let me know what you think.

    Tom, I don't think you are right. Not sure if you picked up on that seeing as you are the mother of all spermheads.

    See Zack, it works fine
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

  9. #339
    Member ZackQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rio Grande Valley
    Posts
    2,312

    Default Re: Wtf is so amazing about the Smiths...

    Haha, I'm still not that sure. Reminds me of Something About Mary....

  10. #340
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,940

    Default Re: Wtf is so amazing about the Smiths...

    You've got it wrong though, Tom. He's not miserable all the time; he just likes to write (mostly) miserable songs. I've read several articles in which he has been excited and positive about upcoming tours, excited about his band, excited about his life, etc (when I used to read articles back in the 90's).

    I also don't understand why you think depression and body image have to be mutually exclusive. He can't be depressed and vain about how he looks at the same time? He's a fucking pop star--he's supposed to look good, if he can.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  11. #341
    old school shotglass75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,314

    Default Re: Wtf is so amazing about the Smiths...

    That is why Tom is a Spermhead Doucheguzzler
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

  12. #342
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,940

    Default Re: Wtf is so amazing about the Smiths...

    Shut up. You don't even like The Smiths.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  13. #343
    old school shotglass75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,314

    Default Re: Wtf is so amazing about the Smiths...

    And that's why Amyzzz is a hogboggler analgaper
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

  14. #344
    Coachella Junkie greghead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    6,129

    Default Re: Wtf is so amazing about the Smiths...

    Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    I really thought I wouldn't have to start my day off with dealing with your idiotic comments today TomAZ but as always, you cease to amaze me with how much of an idiot you can be. It's probably my fault in thinking that people in this country can't be THAT much of a sperm-head. I underestimated your abilities.

    I would imagine you probably don't like NIN for the same reasons. Trent can't be that angry all the time.
    I don't undestand what is so idiotic about his post. I can see you don't like Tom, but what exactly about his argument is so terribly moronic? Morrissey does indeed seem like a one trick pony. But apparently nobody is as smart as you, so we should all just give up and go home.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

  15. #345
    old school shotglass75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,314

    Default Re: Wtf is so amazing about the Smiths...

    It has nothing to do with me being smart or not (hint, I'm not) but the fact remains is that it's not really TomAZ's argument that is so puke inducing. It's the fact that he is so god damn sure of himself in all aspects of everything all the time that it just makes him such a Turdburgler
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

  16. #346
    Member Green Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I wander.
    Posts
    220

    Default Re: Wtf is so amazing about the Smiths...

    Hey - let's talk a lot about one band - make hyperbolic statements about how this ONE band did so much and also let's make fun of this one band that is well liked by calling their fans a bunch of dumb sheep and their singer a fraud with no artistic credibility because you don't like the music.


    Or just delete the stupid thread.
    I don't think that's healthy. Everyone should be able to find some sort of arousing porn on the net.

  17. #347
    man-homie obzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cacapoopoopeepeeshire
    Posts
    16,120

    Default Re: Wtf is so amazing about the Smiths...

    delete.

  18. #348
    Coachella Junkie greghead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    6,129

    Default Re: Wtf is so amazing about the Smiths...

    Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    It has nothing to do with me being smart or not (hint, I'm not) but the fact remains is that it's not really TomAZ's argument that is so puke inducing. It's the fact that he is so god damn sure of himself in all aspects of everything all the time that it just makes him such a Turdburgler
    Ah, fair enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

  19. #349
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    41,024

    Default Re: Wtf is so amazing about the Smiths...

    Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    It has nothing to do with me being smart or not (hint, I'm not) but the fact remains is that it's not really TomAZ's argument that is so puke inducing. It's the fact that he is so god damn sure of himself in all aspects of everything all the time that it just makes him such a Turdburgler
    You're right. You're not.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  20. #350
    old school shotglass75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,314

    Default Re: Wtf is so amazing about the Smiths...

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    You're right. You're not.
    See with a response like that, I now wonder if you are just being an fucking idiot just to get under my skin. If that is indeed the case, then well played sir. But let's be honest with ourselves, can we Tom? We all know that you are completely lacking the mental capacity to come up with such a devine plan of attack. Please, I am trying to help you here Tom. Do yourself a favor and stop with these moronic posts. Your kids are gonna hear about this someday and start listening to The Smiths just to piss you off.
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

  21. #351
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: Wtf is so amazing about the Smiths...

    Whiny ****** music, again.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  22. #352
    Member Mockingbird73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    North HollyHood
    Posts
    152

    Default Re: Wtf is so amazing about the Smiths...

    The Smiths suck. Just sayin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by nbvwes View Post
    and maybe Radiohead would impress me if i had grew up on a farm... and i was retarded... but i didn't, so they don't...

  23. #353
    Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country
    Posts
    16,500

    Default Re: Wtf is so amazing about the Smiths...

    Bowie gets to tag Iman.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

  24. #354
    old school shotglass75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,314

    Default Re: Wtf is so amazing about the Smiths...

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Bowie gets to tag Iman.
    You crack my shit up MJA
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

  25. #355
    Agent Orange
    Guest

    Default Re: Wtf is so amazing about the Smiths...

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Bowie gets to tag Iman.
    bwhahaha! Fuck it. Just bring Bowie and make everyone happy!

  26. #356
    man-homie obzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cacapoopoopeepeeshire
    Posts
    16,120

    Default Re: Wtf is so amazing about the Smiths...

    delete.

  27. #357
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    41,024

    Default Re: Wtf is so amazing about the Smiths...

    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  28. #358
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    41,024

    Default Re: Wtf is so amazing about the Smiths...

    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  29. #359
    Coachella Junkie SoulDischarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vampire State Building
    Posts
    16,159

    Default Re: Wtf is so amazing about the Smiths...

    Before you say anything, remember, Tom doesn't have Facebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

  30. #360
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    41,024

    Default Re: Wtf is so amazing about the Smiths...

    My life is emptier for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Similar Threads

  1. What an amazing cake
    By whynotsmile99 in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 02:09 AM
  2. Amazing cd and dvd everyone should get..
    By seansdadj in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-14-2008, 01:27 PM
  3. THIS IS AMAZING
    By york707 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-06-2007, 11:36 PM
  4. Wow. This is amazing.
    By mozabilly54 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-02-2007, 02:25 PM
  5. Amazing line up but...
    By im so indie in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 01-24-2007, 04:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •