Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Smiths

Default The Smiths

Richard Blade (on XM) is pushing hard the rumor that the Smiths are reuniting to play Coachella this year. I wonder if this is going to be one of those last-minute things like Prince last year or whether it's just a rumor.

Anyone else heard anything?

Default Re: The Smiths

First I've heard of it.

By "pushing hard" you obvs mean that he may have almost mentioned it might be possible that one time.

Wait what?? The Smiths? Anybody else got more details on this?

Who are the Smiths?
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

whiney pain in butt

RGP! Tell us more! I SO want the Smiths there!

Quote Originally Posted by UffiesBatterdChappedPussy View Post
    By "pushing hard" you obvs mean that he may have almost mentioned it might be possible that one time.
    Every time he mentions it he says it is from a reliable source so he considers it more than a rumor but less than a fact. The "pushing hard" is a reference to his insistence that this is likely to happen.

There is no need to interpret what I mean; just ask.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Who are the Smiths?
    I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they were a popular 90's band. They sing that song "Do you believe in life after love..." or something like that.

whiney pain in butt

the '90's?

i thought it was the 70's... i could be wrong? wasn't jim morrison the original lead singer?

ummmmm.. not sure really. probably, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by RGPsales View Post
    Every time he mentions it he says it is from a reliable source so he considers it more than a rumor but less than a fact. The "pushing hard" is a reference to his insistence that this is likely to happen.

There is no need to interpret what I mean; just ask.
    HEs mentioned it multiple times?

MORRISSEY AND JOHNNY MARR are to reunite. The Smiths are said to be on the verge of reforming after Morrissey and Johnny Marr settled their past differences.

The band, who split in 1987, would likely embark on a series of live shows in 2009.

A music industry source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "The very fact that they are talking again is the most hopeful thing in years.

"A lot of people think of them as the best thing since The Beatles. They'd fill stadiums many times over."

In October, similar claims suggest the group were in talks to headline next April's Coachella Festival in California.

A reformation of the band's original line up would mark the first time Morrissey, Marr, Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce have performed together since 1987.
    This is being reported on http://www.waisthigh.net/

whiney pain in butt

woah! great find RGP! dude! this is so last minute! I can't believe we didn't know about this earlier! I am so stoked!

I thought the Smiths rumours were dead...

I would rather have Bowie than The Smiths...
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Richard Blade (on XM) is pushing hard the rumor that the Smiths are reuniting to play Coachella this year. I wonder if this is going to be one of those last-minute things like Prince last year or whether it's just a rumor.

Anyone else heard anything?
    Don't listen to these assholes, they just get bitchy when new people don't shift through the 80 pages of shit to find one relevant pieces of information. Has Richard repeatedly said it? Because we emailed him and he replied with something along the lines that Morrissey will probably be there and maybe the smiths will show.
    Quicksand- "i train with my dad so i could choke out that cock too if i really wanted to."

Thom Yorke is in The Smiths right? If he is I'm all for it.

Daaamn, this is big dude. Like, we should post this daily in every fucking thread for 4 months straight big. Should we start now or...??

This is being reported on http://www.waisthigh.net/
    Yeah, it's probably true. I know that everytime I vaugley mend a falling out with someone I had decades ago I immediatley want to hang out with them constantly. You know, pick up right where we left off. Nevermind the fact that we're both pretty busy at the moment. The Smiths will for sure be there.

Marr's talking to Morrissey again, I think... but The Smiths is a long-shot. I'm pretty sure we are getting Morrissey on his own. It would be cool if Coachella at least got Morrissey and Marr together though. I could care less about Andy and Mike being there.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Wait okay so just to clarify, Thom Yorke has replaced that Jim Morrissey guy and did indeed sing the "Life After Love" song??

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Marr
    Morrissey
    Andy
    Mike
    wait wat

Quote Originally Posted by quicksand View Post
    Wait okay so just to clarify, Thom Yorke has replaced that Jim Morrissey guy and did indeed sing the "Life After Love" song??
    Close. It was that "another night another dream but always you song".

I can't believe you guys don't know The Smiths. Thom Yorke and Jim Morrissey? You guys are thinking about Coldplay. Come on, everybody knows The Smiths.

"Come on Eileen! Something something something! My thoughts verge on dirty, something something!"

Remember them now?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    I can't believe you guys don't know The Smiths. Thom Yorke and Jim Morrissey? You guys are thinking about Coldplay. Come on, everybody knows The Smiths.

"Come on Eileen! Something something something! My thoughts verge on dirty, something something!"

Remember them now?
    YES! They were barefoot, right?

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by coolhandluke View Post
    Don't listen to these assholes, they just get bitchy when new people don't shift through the 80 pages of shit to find one relevant pieces of information. Has Richard repeatedly said it? Because we emailed him and he replied with something along the lines that Morrissey will probably be there and maybe the smiths will show.
    a lot of it is just in fun too though...I don't moderate the board, nor do i try to act as if I'm a part of the board police...so I don't care who starts threads about what...

The Smiths rumors are just one of those things that float around every single year, so sometimes it's fun to laugh about a new Smiths reunion rumor ...we're not all assholes
    '99-'11...

Quote Originally Posted by nationocean View Post
    nothing else to do here but wait for coachella at this point.

a long three months ahead, sigh...
    3 months until the line up? Fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

hey! if you don't want to play along that's fine, but go to another thread and let us enjoy ourselves.

nothing else to do here but wait for coachella at this point.

a long three months ahead, sigh...
    Lol sorry if this was any other band then I'd be fine with it. He actually posted useful information quickly and I was unaware of new development that happened while I slept. Also you guys are all fucking retarded The Smiths did are that FUCK YOU I WON"T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME band.
    Quicksand- "i train with my dad so i could choke out that cock too if i really wanted to."

whiney pain in butt

no, three months and some days till the festival.

that's the real wait.

no, three months and some days till the festival.

that's the real wait.
    Real wait is for the line-up so I can know if saving all my money for the past month was a good idea. I have no idea what sort of awesomeness waits for me on the Polo fields as I have never been.