Thread: Presale?

Default Presale?

Anyone know if there is going to be a presale this year? I seem to recall that there was one last year about a week before the lineup was announced. I don't think it was super cheap, but $25-30 off a 3-day pass or so.

Default Re: Presale?

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by Heimster View Post
    Anyone know if there is going to be a presale this year? I seem to recall that there was one last year about a week before the lineup was announced. I don't think it was super cheap, but $25-30 off a 3-day pass or so.
    I sure hope there is one this year. If i remember correctly, there wasn't a pre-sale in 08, but there was a pre-sale for 07.

Maybe they won't do it this year 'cause of the layaway thing?

You probably know as much as anyone on this board that has been here since last May.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If people knew the kind of sexing homos get, they wouldn't throw it around like an insult.

Quote Originally Posted by Heimster View Post
    I don't think it was super cheap, but $25-30 off a 3-day pass or so.
    dude, I don't think there has been a presale for coachella with that much off of a 3 day pass.
    "Choke on that Causality!"

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I don't give a shit if the Killers are playing; I'll watch something else-even if it's watching the poor churro man get trampled by stoners.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

There indeed have been presales in the past with more than 25-30 off, closer to $60-$70 off. Last year there was not a presale put on by goldenvoice with that much off but there was a ticketmaster presale that was $20 cheaper at most from what I recall after taxes and fees and such. It was better than nothing though.

There was a presale in 08, it was AFTER the lineup was announced, when in previous years the presale was BEFORE the lineup was announced.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Might tickets be for sale on LiveNation instead of Ticketmaster? Given that GV is part of LiveNation this would make sense. Maybe we might see a few dollars of savings if we lose Ticketmasters' 'convience charges' and 'processing fee's'-not forgetting the wonderful $2.50 charge for printing your ticket at home.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Right because Ticketmaster is the only ticketing company that charges a service fee, the rest work for free.

Also, live nation uses ticketmaster.
    Last edited by faxman75; 01-08-2009 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Right because Ticketmaster is the only ticketing company that charges a service fee, the rest work for free.

Also, live nation uses ticketmaster.
    Not anymore. LN set up its own ticketing service. If it is not completely independent, it will be very soon.
    For your health

GV is not related to live nation in any way, shape or form.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

snap

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    GV is not related to live nation in any way, shape or form.
    somebody just got MODED!

Didn't the Cablevison/Ticketmaster talks to buy AEG Live break down? Did the deal ever even go through?

i want a presale after the lineup is announced, im pretty sure ill go whatever the lineup is still, but just in case

that's good because livenation sucks

their website is so fucking soulless, i have no idea why but it just screams "HELLO WE ARE A CORPORATION PROVIDING YOU MUSIC FOR PURPOSES OF PROFIT PLEASE CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE" to me

gv is tight though

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

presale before the lineup please. I've got the money set aside and I'm ready, and just like everyone else who cares enough about the festival to deserve discounted tickets, I'm going regardless of the lineup. I know for a fact I'll only know half the names at MOST, and I'll spend half a week in one of the most beautiful spots on earth, listening to hand-picked music, first rate DJs, and looking at fantastic art.

Quote Originally Posted by frozen pilgrim View Post
    presale before the lineup please. I've got the money set aside and I'm ready, and just like everyone else who cares enough about the festival to deserve discounted tickets, I'm going regardless of the lineup. I know for a fact I'll only know half the names at MOST, and I'll spend half a week in one of the most beautiful spots on earth, listening to hand-picked music, first rate DJs, and looking at fantastic art.
    Agreed completely. Only the real Coachella fans will buy tickets BEFORE they even see a line-up, and even less will camp! Let's get a PRE-lineup-SALE!

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Fuck your formal education up for music and stop being a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I dunno. Lots of the arguments seem hypocritical to me. Can't we leave it simply as: I loved the shit out of it, some hated the shit out of it, and that's just how some shows go?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicislife/

Karma Police are coming for you

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

yes freaking please. you know what I'd go for? a presale deal that only true coachella fans would want:
    before the lineup is released, you pay full price for a 3 day pass, and get your camping pass free!

Coachella die hard fans getting less and less. ticket prices high, other festivals with better line-ups and cheaper.Plus Gv wants east and west and seem gave east better line-up

But hey just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    that's good because livenation sucks

their website is so fucking soulless, i have no idea why but it just screams "HELLO WE ARE A CORPORATION PROVIDING YOU MUSIC FOR PURPOSES OF PROFIT PLEASE CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE" to me

gv is tight though
    Yeah. I hate it when they buy another venue and the beautiful, helpful website goes away and I have to deal with the LiveNation website. *cough*Wiltern*cough*

I like GoldenVoice.

Agreed. The presale with actual discount BEFORE lineup was cool. If I'm going I am going. When they first announce the lineup it's not the full lineup anyway.

THIS x 1,000