Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sasquatch! Music Festival 2009

Default Re: Sasquatch! Music Festival 2009

Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    Why let your job run your life and dictate your personal judgements of people?
    i dont know you wmgaretjax, maybe your a student or maybe you have some shit job at a wal mart or something like that. my job is a career and is my life, it might be hard for you to grasp that if you havent had a career yet. it doesnt run my life, but it is a huge part of my life.

my job is to pass judgement on people, sterotype them, rate their looks and background stories, and whore them out on television. maybe thats why i am so judgemental but without people like me, there wouldnt be great people to love and hate on reality tv.

oh and oregon still one of the worst states ever.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pocketphotography/
    i shoot all the shows you want to go to

so pocket...when i move to LA....you hookin me up with a job in TV?
    Upcoming Shows:
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Fucking it's so annoying when people have upcoming shows in their signatures that have passed, lazy ass
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    so pocket...when i move to LA....you hookin me up with a job in TV?
    your from canada, as long as you have whatever work visa thing you guys have to have to work here we always need PA's. its really shitty getting people coffee and geting cars washed and answering phones, but the pay isnt bad (anywhere from $100-$175 a day) plus overtime and mileage.

but yeah if you do move out here PM me and ill find you a PA job somewhere, unless you have experience doing something else tv related.

Quote Originally Posted by westcoastpirate View Post
    Fucking it's so annoying when people have upcoming shows in their signatures that have passed, lazy ass
    thanks for the sig quote!

Automatically if I'm not a drone, and can't relate to the dickhead attitudes of a drone, I'm either a student or I have a shitty job... Man you are a fucking tool....

If you must know, I work in software development, which, last I checked, is a career. And one of value at that.... But thanks for bringing that obnoxious chick from marketing bullshit television to yap about.
    Last edited by wmgaretjax; 01-07-2009 at 08:05 PM.

No, seriously thank you

Quote Originally Posted by pocket View Post
    your from canada, as long as you have whatever work visa thing you guys have to have to work here we always need PA's. its really shitty getting people coffee and geting cars washed and answering phones, but the pay isnt bad (anywhere from $100-$175 a day) plus overtime and mileage.

but yeah if you do move out here PM me and ill find you a PA job somewhere, unless you have experience doing something else tv related.
    Ill keep it in mind. thanks for the heads up.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Squatch that trick!

It's a great little venue they've got up in Washington. At the 2007 Squatch I was front and center for all the headliners, and they limit the amount of people that can enter the floor area so you don't have to worry about getting your ribs crushed.

Automatically if I'm not a drone, and can't relate to the dickhead attitudes of a drone, I'm either a student or I have a shitty job... Man you are a fucking tool....

If you must know, I work in software development, which, last I checked, is a career. And one of value at that.... But thanks for bringing that obnoxious chick from marketing bullshit television to yap about.

software development is a career and congrats, i am sure as a kid you envisoned yourself wasting away in a cubicle as an adult. sounds like a huge blast! you have made me oh so envious....

you work in software development but doing what?

i could saw i work in television but be a security guard for the studio, or heck an audiance seat filler.

and what is up with the drone thing, i dont really get it. i see drones as someone going to work and doing the same thing every day, in the same little box, on the same commute, seeing the same people, sitting infront of the same computer.

my jobs a little different, i set my own hours, i get to travel, hell when i go to a concert if i find a person to interview for the show i get to write it off. not very drone-ish. plus i am the one pitching the people, just because i dont want to put ugly, uniteresting people on tv doesnt make me a drone, it makes me smart. you are NOT going to see ugly people on shows unless its a local tv broadcast or something like the biggest looser (but even they look for overweight people that can be attractive if slimmed down)

software development is a career and congrats, i am sure as a kid you envisoned yourself wasting away in a cubicle as an adult. sounds like a huge blast! you have made me oh so envious....

you work in software development but doing what?

i could saw i work in television but be a security guard for the studio, or heck an audiance seat filler.

and what is up with the drone thing, i dont really get it. i see drones as someone going to work and doing the same thing every day, in the same little box, on the same commute, seeing the same people, sitting infront of the same computer.

my jobs a little different, i set my own hours, i get to travel, hell when i go to a concert if i find a person to interview for the show i get to write it off. not very drone-ish. plus i am the one pitching the people, just because i dont want to put ugly, uniteresting people on tv doesnt make me a drone, it makes me smart. you are NOT going to see ugly people on shows unless its a local tv broadcast or something like the biggest looser (but even they look for overweight people that can be attractive if slimmed down)
    Ok, we get it, people on TV are better than the rest of us, and those who decide who are on TV are even better. Your job defines your existence as a human, good for you. Some of us would rather talk about music when we are not on the clock.

You should start your own thread about how great you are, it might help to add a fake lineup poster, or claim that you have insider knowledge on who the Coachella headliners will be. Just trying to help you out. No one needs a Jerry Springer or Price Is Right lecture.

Can we go back to talking about how great the Sasquatch festival is? Thank you.
    Skrillex 2013 tour dates:

1/24/13 Ė Montreal, Canada
    4/12/13-4/21/13 POLO FIELD-SIZED GAP
    7/12/13 - Montreal, Canada
    7/13/13 - Toronto, Canada
    7/17/13 - Winnipeg, Canada
    7/19/13 - Calgary, Canada
    7/21/13 - Vancouver, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by know ID ya View Post
    Ok, we get it, people on TV are better than the rest of us, and those who decide who are on TV are even better. Your job defines your existence as a human, good for you. Some of us would rather talk about music when we are not on the clock.

You should start your own thread about how great you are, it might help to add a fake lineup poster, or claim that you have insider knowledge on who the Coachella headliners will be. Just trying to help you out. No one needs a Jerry Springer or Price Is Right lecture.

Can we go back to talking about how great the Sasquatch festival is? Thank you.
    sigh, i didnt start any of this if you look back on the thread. oh well though. sasquatch is fun times and i will be going again this year.

and again i didnt say people on tv are better or people putting them on tv are better, you are taking things out of context.

and i think there was some discussion on the guy that got the double showcase a few weeks back on price is right on this board...

Your attitude tells me you deserved the ticket. Oregon is a mostly great state, and Portland is one of the best cities in the US.
    Seconded. How could anyone not love Portland? It's Seattle, minus all the things that annoy me about Seattle. Even the suburbs in Portland aren't that bad.

Bend I could do without...I think it reminds me too much of my current location, which I'm trying to leave to move to Portland. But even there you've got Deschuttes Brewery.

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    Seconded. How could anyone not love Portland? It's Seattle, minus all the things that annoy me about Seattle. Even the suburbs in Portland aren't that bad.

Bend I could do without...I think it reminds me too much of my current location, which I'm trying to leave to move to Portland. But even there you've got Deschuttes Brewery.
    sigh. seriously attitude has nothing to do with a ticket. if you break a law you deserve one. its that simple.

and seattle way better than oregon, except people there tend to be super pale (lacking pigment in their skin and hair). there are tons of better cities in the us than portland. maybe you should travel more.

side note, see you are from arizona, which is way better than oregon from my time in tempe, mesa and phoenix

lacking pigment in their skin and hair... another way of saying that we don't waste money on tanning like the awesome, beautiful, attractive people in Hollywood. I hope you are gutted by a wild boar.

side note, see you are from arizona, which is way better than oregon from my time in tempe, mesa and phoenix
    Mesa?

Seriously?

Tempe and Phoenix, maybe...not my thing, but I can see why people might like it.

I avoid the Valley as much as possible. And Mesa is an unending shithole.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I would argue the same for phoenix. Tempe is someone ok but it's not even the same city it was 10 years ago. The good thing about living in the valley is being able to go to Mexico, Vegas or So. Cal on any given weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    Mesa?

Seriously?

Tempe and Phoenix, maybe...not my thing, but I can see why people might like it.

I avoid the Valley as much as possible. And Mesa is an unending shithole.
    It doesn't matter though. The people there have nice teeth. You clearly don't get it.

sorry to both of you, my job is to cast people for game and reality shows, just stating what we have seen (and why we dont go back) to oregon. its not my fault people out there are way behind the times.
    Since when do 'reality' shows have anything to do with reality ??

Seriously.

What shows do you work on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I've heard nothing but good about Oregon and know a half a dozen people that have moved there in the last couple years.

I've lived in AZ, NM, MA and now OR and there is nowhere I'd rather be other than maybe Boston itself or Manhattan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

Portland is on the very short list of cities I'd be willing to live in in the US (the others being Seattle, San Francisco, NYC, and Boston).

there are tons of better cities in the us than portland.
    According to the Mercer Worldwide Quality Of Living Survey in 2006, there are only 5. Honolulu (#27), San Francisco (#28), Boston (#36) , Washington DC (#41), and Chicago (#42). Portland was 43rd. (And Seattle was #46)

Kinda sucks that the top 26 cities to live in aren't in the US. Rage Patton and PaulB are the big winners on this board...Vancouver was 3rd only to Zurich and Geneva.

It doesn't matter though. The people there have nice teeth. You clearly don't get it.
    Actually, Mesa is Meth lab central, so...not really.

I have not camped at the main campgrounds - I've only gone to sasquatch once (last year) and camped at Wild Horse. I really liked Wild Horse. It is small and yes it was fairly quiet. The "partying" that went on was more like people hanging out, drinking, smoking, etc, but doing so in a way that was respectful of others who weren't interested or were trying to sleep. The people that ran the place were so nice and IMO made the stay all that much better.

The shuttle is fine. It runs every 30 minutes very early in the day, but once the festival opened, they were pretty much running it back and forth constantly... so however long it takes to make it a mile down the road and back and reload. About 10-15 minutes I'd guess. The only slight wait was at the end of the might after the last set, you might be with 100+ other people who are waiting and have to wait your turn for a couple of bus loads. It probably still takes longer to walk back to the main campgrounds and find your tent if you aren't towards the front of the lot.

Oddly what really stands out in my mind about Wild Horse is the insanely plush soft grass, LOL. When I tell my friends about the campgrounds they look at me like I must have been completely fucked up when I go on about the grass. Keep in mind I normally "camp" in southern or central CA where it's more like camping on dirt and hay.

Forbes- America's 10 Most Boring Cities

Mesa, Chandler, and Gilbert all made the list.

i dont know you wmgaretjax, maybe your a student or maybe you have some shit job at a wal mart or something like that. my job is a career and is my life, it might be hard for you to grasp that if you havent had a career yet. it doesnt run my life, but it is a huge part of my life.
    You're quite full of yourself, aren't you? Having a "career", rather than just a "job," to me largely entails having the ability to take time off as we desire to take vacations or do things we enjoy. I guess some of us have different values or have been lucky enough to go into fields where we are allowed a life away from our work!

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    You're quite full of yourself, aren't you? Having a "career", rather than just a "job," to me largely entails having the ability to take time off as we desire to take vacations or do things we enjoy. I guess some of us have different values or have been lucky enough to go into fields where we are allowed a life away from our work!
    Agree here. I own my own business, and up until recently, my wife was a manager at the same company for 11 years. She got 7 weeks off a year, and I made my own schedule. Our only restraints on taking time off to go somewhere was money.

If my career ever became "my life", I'd be very sad. And if my career involved casting "reality shows", then I would know I took a wrong turn somewhere. Pocket deserves a kick in the cunt for helping to destroy television. (And this is from a guy who is working on editing an infomercial.)

you are NOT going to see ugly people on shows unless its a local tv broadcast or something like the biggest looser
    The Biggest Looser. What, is that some kind of show where people see who has the widest vagina? Wouldn't surprise me if E! had that in development.

Learn English, you worthless piece of shit.