Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Sasquatch! Music Festival 2009

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Default Re: Sasquatch! Music Festival 2009

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Agreed. I was sooooooooo bored all Sunday. Nothing much to do. Monday on the other hand... was jampacked full of great acts.

That's right Sunday was the day. Day 2. I forgot it ran Saturday through Monday. I really had a lot of fun though. I love the camp ground we stayed at too. I had great companions which helped as well in Kings00fan and Chiapet. Also running into you and your lady, invisible robots and just staring at the landscape.

Agreed. I was sooooooooo bored all Sunday. Nothing much to do. Monday on the other hand... was jampacked full of great acts.
    No no no no no no no no no no no, and no. "Um, I would prefer to have less fun please (raising hand)."

I agree that Sunday was the weakest lineup, which is why I spent most of the day hanging out at the campground, ie, the biggest party in the NW. You don't have to spend 100% of your time watching music to have a good time, like you might at other festivals. Advice number 1, avoid Wildhorse.

It made sense that Sunday was the weakest lineup. The Cure had been booked for basically ever, and that was the day most likely to sell out, and the first day that did sell out. I heard they had to honor tickets to the Seattle show the Cure canceled, so I'm guessing half the crowd was planning on skipping the earlier acts that day either way.

It also makes sense to front and backload a festival to convince people to buy tickets to all three days. Many people who were not interested in heavier music skipped the first day in 2006. The festival would have made more money had that been the second day.
    Skrillex 2013 tour dates:

1/24/13 Montreal, Canada
    4/12/13-4/21/13 POLO FIELD-SIZED GAP
    7/12/13 - Montreal, Canada
    7/13/13 - Toronto, Canada
    7/17/13 - Winnipeg, Canada
    7/19/13 - Calgary, Canada
    7/21/13 - Vancouver, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by know ID ya View Post
    Advice number 1, avoid Wildhorse.
    The campground?
    Fuck that, why avoid it? It was perfect. They sold food and beverage, it was a bit smaller but had showers and awesome people to hang out with. We drank beer and smoked pot openly and I saw people eating mushrooms as well. Waking up in the morning was awesome. I even kind of liked not seeing a sea of tents but seeing more farmland and the sunrise. It's sooo green and awesome up there.

I've been going to Wildhorse for almost 10 years now. I would recommend it in a heartbeat.

A few pics from wild horse and its surroundings. Also some Sasquatch photo's.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    The campground?
    Fuck that, why avoid it? It was perfect. They sold food and beverage, it was a bit smaller but had showers and awesome people to hang out with. We drank beer and smoked pot openly and I saw people eating mushrooms as well. Waking up in the morning was awesome. I even kind of liked not seeing a sea of tents but seeing more farmland and the sunrise. It's sooo green and awesome up there.
    My comment about avoiding Wild Horse was in regards to you saying the festival should be shortened because you were bored Sunday, and Rage agreeing.

I have no doubt camping at Wild Horse was fun. Everything at Wild Horse is also at the main campground, including lots of cool people to hang out and party with, and it is just as scenic, if not more (correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think one can see the venue or the River from Wild Horse like you can at the main campground?)

I always guessed Wild Horse is geared more toward people in their mid 30s and up. You would probably get a better nights sleep, and hang out with other (equally cool) mid 30s and up folk. I just think you are missing out on a lot of the excitement and fun of the weekend being so far away from the main campground and venue.

This is why I disagreed with you about thinking the festival should be shorter, and assumed no one staying at the regular campground would agree. I wish the festival was every other day, just to give me a full day in between to hang out at the campground.

Nice pictures by the way.

1/24/13 Montreal, Canada

Gotcha. I'm in my mid 30's.

I'm 23 and generally prefer Wild Horse... But then again the type of partying I enjoy has never been a bunch of trashed 18 year olds doing conga lines...

I've done both, and depending on the show make my decision according to what the crowd is going to be like.

Count me as one to think learning something on a web board is about 1000 times better than reading through 300 pages of mindless "I like this band" BS to find out legitimate rumors. I think this discussion about camp sites might help lurkers and potential first timers, so....

This will be my fifth Sasquatch, and I cannot imagine camping at Wild Horse. The main campground is almost 50% of the draw for me. The lineup can be terrible, and I would still go.

The draw of Wild Horse is that it is cheaper, a lot cheaper from what I hear. It is over a mile away, so you have to take a shuttle between the campground and festival. I hear it runs every 30 minutes. It almost takes 30 minutes to walk from the main campground to the venue though, but at least you don't have to wait.

I hear the shower situation might be better. I would be interested to hear a comparison of those who have done both, like jax above.

My personal opinion is that if partying annoys you, and you are a bit older, and you are looking to save some money, Wild Horse might be right for you (although consider VIP camping at the main campground as well). But if you end up at Wild Horse, you'll end up missing the trashed 18 year old conga line.

1/24/13 Montreal, Canada

Well at Wild Horse, they only had 2 showers and they were both outdoors with no roof so you showered under the sky which was nice. A bit chilly but not bad. The wait could be up to 45 minutes or so at times I think. The shuttle worked perfect and hassle free for me, however the very last day someone got left behind and walked back. They were exhausted when they arrived and the campground shuttle bus driver apologized but did so with a laugh which I found odd as the kid didn't look amused. I suited me just fine though and I liked that it was a little more low key. I'm not insane party guy, i like to party somewhat quietly with a small group of other partiers. Everyone is different I suppose.

All that said, I don't believe i'll be making a return this year. I liked it alot but i'm trading Sasquatch for Bonnaroo this year it looks like. I'm gonna see what he dirty hippy fest is all about and chalk it up as another experience.

I've done Wild Horse twice for Sasquatch, and the main campground twice. The comparisons stated so far fit the bill pretty much. There is definitely partying to some extent at Wild Horse most years, but it is a little lower key (also people are more inclined to share substances there than the main camp). In the end, you'll have a blast either way. The people at Wild Horse also tend people that have gone multiple times before, there is a vet quality to the crowd there...

what was boring about sunday? i was more bored saturday afternoon. sunday had lots of acts i enjoyed watching... morning benders, 65daysofstatic, blue scholars, white rabbits, rougue wave (who were awful), presidents of the usa, mates of state, michael franti & spearhead, stephen malkmus and the cure.... pretty solid day for me...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pocketphotography/
    i shoot all the shows you want to go to

The Sasquatch festival grounds look so nice.

Sasquatch camping is the best festival camping ive ever been to...
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Yeah, you get lots of space and they are pretty lax. When I suggest Wild Horse, I am in no way dogging on the Gorge camping. It's really awesome.

You seem to have driving issues. I'm guessing female?
    no i am male, i didnt really have driving issues, just issues with a state that doesnt allow you to pump gas, has cops that follow you for miles, and is filled with barns that children get molested from. also known as the state you are living in...

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    Speed Limit in Oregon on Interstates is 65. Assuming you were coming from SoCal...I-5 all the way to Portland, West on I-84, North on I-82...now you're in Washington. I don't know how those roads are in Washington, but your complaint was with Oregon.

Taking the 97 is certainly more scenic, and probably quite a bit shorter, but I doubt it's quicker. So the choice was yours- save gas and savor the beauty, or drive faster. I would have taken 97 too, but I'm not going to bitch about the speed limit. Don't blame it on the state, it was your choice.

EDIT...According to MS Streets and Trips...

Interstates- 1256 miles...18 Hours and 28 minutes.
    Hwy 97- 1146 miles...18 hours and 38 minutes.

However, I've found that those time estimates are always low on the back roads and high on the interstates. I'd bet the interstates would be an hour or three faster, unless you hit Portland at rush hour. But you're going to burn a lot more gas, and the drive up I-5 through Oregon is perhaps the only part of the state that isn't beautiful. (I-84 is awesome, though.)
    i had just map quested the shortest route to get there. that 100 extra miles would have been like 4 extra gallons of gas, and at that time gas was like 4.50 so it was worth it saving the miles. also the route we were on wasnt an interstate hence the 55. next year ill try going farther up the 5 to check out some of oregon but more or less i just wanted to get out of that crap state.

good times at Sasquatch camping

Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Quote Originally Posted by pocket View Post
    ........ i just wanted to get out of that crap state.
    Fuck You.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by woogie846 View Post
    The Sasquatch festival grounds look so nice.
    They're decent. It's laidback for sure.
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    Fuck You.
    You have to admit, the gas thing fucking sucks...

Fuck You.
    awwwwww someone takes living in a shitty po-bunk state a little too seriously. but it was really really shitty. when, like i said, all you see is barns and run down buildings, or towns that look like something out of 1976 its not a place i find welcoming, or fun, or unshitty.

Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    You have to admit, the gas thing fucking sucks...
    it sucks when you get a ticket for trying to pump gas when you dont know, there should be signs or something. also do you have to tip the people that pump your gas?

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    Sasquatch camping is the best festival camping ive ever been to...
    agreed! and the guy handing out weed muffins to everyone in my area each morning made it even better.

it sucks when you get a ticket for trying to pump gas when you dont know ..
    I'm delighted to hear that.

awwwwww someone takes living in a shitty po-bunk state a little too seriously. but it was really really shitty. when, like i said, all you see is barns and run down buildings, or towns that look like something out of 1976 its not a place i find welcoming, or fun, or unshitty.

it sucks when you get a ticket for trying to pump gas when you dont know, there should be signs or something. also do you have to tip the people that pump your gas?
    Your attitude tells me you deserved the ticket. Oregon is a mostly great state, and Portland is one of the best cities in the US.

their line-up last year was great... yeah

I'm delighted to hear that.
    glad i could put a smile on your face.

Your attitude tells me you deserved the ticket. Oregon is a mostly great state, and Portland is one of the best cities in the US.
    eh oregon, not so great, portland also not so great. i travel to most of the "best cities" all the time for my job and am forced to meet most of the desolate people in said towns that want to be on tv. people in oregon tend to be convicted felons from other states that have moved out there, just based on what i see from contestant background checks. also lots of semi burned out hippies and people in outdated clothing, with bad teeth. very un tv friendly and unappealing to look at.

attitude has nothing to do with getting a ticket, i broke a law so therefor i deserved the ticket. its pretty simple. i did get out of it writing a letter saying i didnt know the laws there and was an out of stater. the fine was something like $500 though so glad i got out of it.

very un tv friendly and unappealing to look at.
    End of conversation.

glad i could put a smile on your face.

eh oregon, not so great, portland also not so great. i travel to most of the "best cities" all the time for my job and am forced to meet most of the desolate people in said towns that want to be on tv. people in oregon tend to be convicted felons from other states that have moved out there, just based on what i see from contestant background checks. also lots of semi burned out hippies and people in outdated clothing, with bad teeth. very un tv friendly and unappealing to look at.

attitude has nothing to do with getting a ticket, i broke a law so therefor i deserved the ticket. its pretty simple. i did get out of it writing a letter saying i didnt know the laws there and was an out of stater. the fine was something like $500 though so glad i got out of it.
    Ooo, ooo, ooo, I want to be on TV, pick me, pick me.

I hate to quote people, but Fuck you. (thanks MarkO)

1/24/13 Montreal, Canada

End of conversation.
    Ooo, ooo, ooo, I want to be on TV, pick me, pick me.

I hate to quote people, but Fuck you. (thanks MarkO)
    sorry to both of you, my job is to cast people for game and reality shows, just stating what we have seen (and why we dont go back) to oregon. its not my fault people out there are way behind the times.

sorry to both of you, my job is to cast people for game and reality shows, just stating what we have seen (and why we dont go back) to oregon. its not my fault people out there are way behind the times.
    Why let your job run your life and dictate your personal judgements of people?