Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Sasquatch! Music Festival 2009

Default Re: Sasquatch! Music Festival 2009

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    What shows do you work on.
    i have cast for seasons of the moment of truth, the singing bee, so you think you can dance, americas got talent, MANswers, breaking up with shannen doherty, the big match, go for the green, scare tactics, bride vs bride, and the new cbs show jingles

Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    lacking pigment in their skin and hair... another way of saying that we don't waste money on tanning like the awesome, beautiful, attractive people in Hollywood. I hope you are gutted by a wild boar.
    last time i checked you can go outside to get a tan.... maybe you pigment lackers should get outside more. and i dont think we have wild boars in hollywood, well there is a wild boar shot but i dont think that could gut me.

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    Mesa?

Seriously?
    yeah we found great people in the bars in mesa. the city isnt too pretty but the party life was good

According to the Mercer Worldwide Quality Of Living Survey in 2006, there are only 5. Honolulu (#27), San Francisco (#28), Boston (#36) , Washington DC (#41), and Chicago (#42). Portland was 43rd. (And Seattle was #46)
    quality of living isnt what really makes a town fun, hell la or nyc alot more exciting to be in than chicago or portland. boston is great cept there is no fashion sense and everyone looks like they just got out of bed and rolled into some j. crew clothes...

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    You're quite full of yourself, aren't you? Having a "career", rather than just a "job," to me largely entails having the ability to take time off as we desire to take vacations or do things we enjoy. I guess some of us have different values or have been lucky enough to go into fields where we are allowed a life away from our work!
    a career in the tv industry is different, i can take off whenever i want and set my travel up so that i can "recruit" people. also after each show you choose when you want to start another show. its not like we dont get time off. oh yeah and if you arent a little full of yourself or have a chip on your shoulder people will walk all over you in my city.

The Biggest Looser. What, is that some kind of show where people see who has the widest vagina? Wouldn't surprise me if E! had that in development.

Learn English, you worthless piece of shit.
    oh i put an extra "o" in a word. sorry i dont run spell checker on my posts. learn english? really, are you like 12, or is that the best you could come up with. put the meth pipe down and the rage will subside.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pocketphotography/
    i shoot all the shows you want to go to

pocket, you truly come across as someone very young boasting about his or her first "big" job. You have a lot to learn, regardless of your age.

pocket, you truly come across as someone very young boasting about his or her first "big" job. You have a lot to learn, regardless of your age.
    eh my first big job was being peter pan at dinseyland in the parades in college or when i was in a ninja turtles commercial when i was 7.

thanks for your input, and your opinion of me. the you have alot to learn quote though is old and played out....

Well my friend use to live in Hollywood and date a prominent actress, and he still works in the business, and he told me that television producers in general are a lower walk of life than car salesmen. I use to think he was just making an inaccurate generalizations.

He said petty criminals usually end up being security guards, because they were never good at being criminals, so they craved that authority in not allowing others to do things they couldn't. He said it is the same with TV producers, they were not interesting enough to be on TV, so they craved that same authority in deciding who can do what they couldn't.

I apologize for suggesting that you make your own thread about how great you are, because you have obviously hijacked this one. Most of us don't want to hear anything else about your job, if they do, they can PM you. Can we get back to talking about Sasquatch again? That would be rad.
    Skrillex 2013 tour dates:

1/24/13 Montreal, Canada
    4/12/13-4/21/13 POLO FIELD-SIZED GAP
    7/12/13 - Montreal, Canada
    7/13/13 - Toronto, Canada
    7/17/13 - Winnipeg, Canada
    7/19/13 - Calgary, Canada
    7/21/13 - Vancouver, Canada

I agree about the plushness of the grass, it is similar at the main campground, although I am going to estimate the last 15% of main campground entrees end up camping in the endless field that is "overflow." If you end up being very late, don't expect the plush greens we speak of.

The first couple times I attended the Gorge, I didn't bring a tent. A sleeping bag on the grass was just fine. Then again, you open yourself up to wanderers stepping on you, so a tent is better.

I read a cool article about this venue on Consequence of Sound earlier this week, saying it might be the best music venue in the world. Not that I have been to many great outdoor venues, but I would be interested to hear if anyone disagrees?

1/24/13 Montreal, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by know ID ya View Post
    The first couple times I attended the Gorge, I didn't bring a tent. A sleeping bag on the grass was just fine. Then again, you open yourself up to wanderers stepping on you, so a tent is better.
    What about the rain??? it poured the first night last year. I'd be afraid to go into the NW without a tent. I'd never camped in heavy rain before and I have to say it was actually pretty nice, soothing for sleeping.

old school

LA more exciting than Chicago? haha. no. sorry fren. not even close.
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

What about the rain??? it poured the first night last year. I'd be afraid to go into the NW without a tent. I'd never camped in heavy rain before and I have to say it was actually pretty nice, soothing for sleeping.
    Funny, yeah, somewhere in the back of mind, I meant to mention the first couple times I went to the Gorge (without the tent) were in the middle of the summer, when it never rains. It is desert there, so Memorial day weekend is just the beginning of nice weather, and sometimes it is crap. Late June through August is very dry.

The Gorge use to have great shows every other weekend in the summer, like in the late 90s and early aughts. These days, it is Sasquatch, Warped, Dave Mathews Band, Ozzfest, some religious festival, and a couple random big acts (like Tool, Tom Petty, and Rush recently).

1/24/13 Montreal, Canada

He said petty criminals usually end up being security guards, because they were never good at being criminals, so they craved that authority in not allowing others to do things they couldn't. He said it is the same with TV producers, they were not interesting enough to be on TV, so they craved that same authority in deciding who can do what they couldn't.
    sigh unfortunately i was on a reality show, 8 game shows, two movies and a sitcom for a few line part. i just dont like being infront of the camera.

ugh the rain was bad, my friend and i didnt set our tent up right so it started leaking so we ended up in the car the first night. i knew it rained there but i wasnt ready for that.

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy75 View Post
    LA more exciting than Chicago? haha. no. sorry fren. not even close.
    i found chicago (the main city where we were at the james hotel for a week) to be very 35ish and up. not really a fun city for a younger person. wicker park was cool, and i went to an awesome speak easy with absinthe bar but still enjoy la finding there are more things open late and things to do.

I agree about the plushness of the grass, it is similar at the main campground, although I am going to estimate the last 15% of main campground entrees end up camping in the endless field that is "overflow." If you end up being very late, don't expect the plush greens we speak of.

I read a cool article about this venue on Consequence of Sound earlier this week, saying it might be the best music venue in the world. Not that I have been to many great outdoor venues, but I would be interested to hear if anyone disagrees?
    i was in the area that was all weeds and what looked like random areas for holding useless junk that were all fenced in. maybe we got there late and got stuck in the shitty area.

i think the venue and the whole set up of the stages is perfect. the view of the river and almost no sound bleed between the stages is amazing.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by pocket View Post
    i found chicago (the main city where we were at the james hotel for a week) to be very 35ish and up. not really a fun city for a younger person. wicker park was cool, and i went to an awesome speak easy with absinthe bar but still enjoy la finding there are more things open late and things to do.
    no offense, but this could not be further from the truth. Chicago is a much much better city for young people. the social scene (nightclubs, bars, restaurants, art, music venues) in chicago destroys LA. also, everything in LA closes at 1/2am, compared to 4/5am in Chicago, so i really don't know where you are getting your info from. maybe spend more than a week in a place before making such a comment.
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

i was in the area that was all weeds and what looked like random areas for holding useless junk that were all fenced in. maybe we got there late and got stuck in the shitty area.
    That's what I've heard from all my friends who'd camped at main campgrounds (previous years), and also that with heavy rain, it was kind of muddy. Didn't sound like that much fun to me.

Rain is OK for camping as long as you're prepared. Fortunately I was warned. You definitely need ground cover for your tent. I prefer a footprint that matches the tent since tarps sometimes pool up water. Stake your rainfly down really well. Last year there were some pretty sharp gusts hitting my tent and making it wobble but otherwise it held up pretty well. Perfectly dry inside. It was actually pretty nice for sleeping.

I can highly recommend the VIP camping at Sasquatch. I stayed there last year for my 4th Sasquatch and I can definitely recommend the extra expense. The grounds were a nice balance of hedonism and respectful leave us the hell alone. We had a wide expanse of grass to set up on for our small group and we quickly made friends with our neighbors. The showers had minimal lines (15 minutes max at peak) and the shuttle system was a nice perk. It dropped you off at a separate entrance by the food court and there was no line to get in.

I'm curious to see the lineup this year, which will detemine my attendance. I've always had a great time at the Gorge, regardless of the fickle weather situations.

I'm going to miss this again this year

'05, '06, '07 were so good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

Young blood

eh my first big job was being peter pan at dinseyland in the parades in college or when i was in a ninja turtles commercial when i was 7.

thanks for your input, and your opinion of me. the you have alot to learn quote though is old and played out....
    back this shit up, wheres the commercial I want to see it.

I love the Avett Brothers. Since I won't be attending Sasquatch this year, I hope they play Vancouver just before or after Sasquatch...
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

I know it will be lineup dependent for some of you, but is anyone planning on attending Sasquatch this year?

1/24/13 Montreal, Canada

I will be there!

Depends on the lineup and how many of my friends actually want to go this year.

We're a bit worn down from the hail, wind, and freezing cold Memorial Day weekend evenings at The Gorge.
    My main concert footage YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/magmazing

My Backup channel: http://www.youtube.com/magmazingmusic

My website: http://www.magmazingmusic.com

Animal Collective's upcoming dates make Sasquatch look possible.

edit: hey. you already knew that and it's on your blog. well done.
    Last edited by wmgaretjax; 01-15-2009 at 06:14 PM.

Peter, Bjorn and John are confirmed:

http://columbiarecords.com/tours.php

It will be on the blog soon...

yuck.

I camped all three days at Sasquatch and only saw one act! Flaming Lips! Call me a dumbass but I spent most of my time in the campground partying and only had enough money for Sundays ticket.

The campground was awesome though. Totally worth the 16 hour drive from Oakland (don't take I-5 to Seattle and change to 90 and then 97 it seriously wastes about 6 hours!)
    >>>>East Bay<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    scoop the eucalyptus infused shit out of a koala's ass and chow down you crocodile dundee special edition blu-ray owning, fosters keg hoarding, didgeridoo fellating, outback steakhouse gift card carrying dingo-dicked puddle of kangaroo piss.

go listen to wolfmother...

I opened the thread to see what people had to say about Sasquatch and over half of it is was filled with back and forth talk about best/worst cities and my life as a reality show caster. who gives a fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustinanson View Post
    Peter, Bjorn and John are confirmed:

http://columbiarecords.com/tours.php

It will be on the blog soon...
    ive seen peter moren solo and he puts on a good show and is actually really talented. only seen PB&J at coachella but wouldnt mind seeing them...

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    I opened the thread to see what people had to say about Sasquatch and over half of it is was filled with back and forth talk about best/worst cities and my life as a reality show caster. who gives a fuck.
    most threads go off on tangents, also your post contributed to this thread as much as the xfl contributed to sports... which would be nothing...

Animal Collective Tour

05/20 - Minneapolis, MN @ First Avenue
    05/24 - Vancouver, BC @ Commodore Ballroom
    05/25 - Portland, OR @ Roseland Theater
    05/26 - Oakland, CA @ Fox Theatre

hmmm....

yeah. looks like a shoe in...

I'm interested to see if they'll add a normal Seattle date as well.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Sasquatch always looks like fun but too far for not good enough line ups imo

but 07 I came close to going

that was a good year. although a lot of the same bands played at Coachella.
    I think what I like most about Sasquatch is the venue. I love that place. The camping is cool because you can park your car right next to your tent.

Plus getting up front for Arcade Fire, Bjork, Beastie Boys and Interpol was not hard at all.
    "It's in the K" - Martha Stewart

Since the show list is very minimal...
    August 29 // Chemical Brothers w/ Chromeo & Yacht @ Hollywood Bowl
    September 26 // Vampire Weekend w/ Beach House & the Very Best @ Hollywood Bowl
    October 5 // ARCADE FIRE @ Henry Miller Library
    October 13 // Corin Tucker Band @ The El Rey
    (someone should give me Sufjan Stevens tickets, aint got none of those)

Agreed, I have never had trouble finding a good spot to see a band at Sasquatch compared to other festivals. 20K people on an incline will do that, compared to the festivals that have 50K to 75K people on flatter grounds.

Sasquatch 07 was cool, but Sasquatch 06 was fantastic. The lineup was great, and you can't beat a hail storm of that magnitude.

Also glad I get to see Animal Collective at the Roseland instead of the Crystal Ballroom, I am disgusted with that venue lately. Although that is assuming Sasquatch doesn't have a third day on Monday like last year.

1/24/13 Montreal, Canada