Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 52

Thread: The Killers have gone down hill.

  1. #1
    Member newalias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    488

    Default The Killers have gone down hill.

    I have been thinking about The Killers. I have seen them once. When Hot Fuss came out, it was a spectacle of excellent rock music and electronic influences. Great album. Every album thereafter sucked harder and harder. Sam's town was OK. When You Were Young was an awesome song, but it was the only song of sincere substance and superb composition. It was the crutch holding up a mediocre sophomore release. Sawdust...don't even get me started. I have to say that was the shittiest Joy Division cover I have ever heard. Day and Age. An attempt to reinvent? It's like the Killers all went to a gay club in Los Angeles and decided that their music wasn't dancey enough.

    At any rate, I ramble. Agree with me or not, I think the Killers lost their touch and produce shitty music. Discuss.
    An elegant death by glow sticks.

    ...05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13' and counting...

  2. #2

    Default Re: The Killers have gone down hill.

    I've never found The Killers to be all that note worthy so i've just been ignoring the past couple records and just not giving it any thought. Now they are a big deal but in my opinion they are no better than The Strokes
    "Choke on that Causality!"


    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I don't give a shit if the Killers are playing; I'll watch something else-even if it's watching the poor churro man get trampled by stoners.

  3. #3
    old school clumsy342's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,490

    Default Re: The Killers have gone down hill.

    I agree with you, newalias...

    except..

    I never thought the Killers were any good to begin with.
    I dont know... maybe its because I don't buy what MTV tries to sell me.
    Other than that, I totally agree.
    They suck. They suck bad.


  4. #4
    DJ SallyBear sbessiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    27,739

    Default Re: The Killers have gone down hill.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

  5. #5
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default Re: The Killers have gone down hill.

    newalias and MissingPerson are in complete agreement regarding The Killers. Someday, somebody with a name will come to a similar conclusion, and then you'll all see.

  6. #6
    DJ SallyBear sbessiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    27,739

    Default Re: The Killers have gone down hill.

    *humph*
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

  7. #7
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default Re: The Killers have gone down hill.

    Hot Fuss is enormously good fun. But ever since, they've gone downhill like a quaint Swiss village during avalanche season.

    And Brandon Flowers creeps me out just a little bit more the more I hear from him.
    Last edited by MissingPerson; 01-05-2009 at 09:46 AM.

  8. #8
    Member newalias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    488

    Default Re: The Killers have gone down hill.

    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    newalias and MissingPerson are in complete agreement regarding The Killers. Someday, somebody with a name will come to a similar conclusion, and then you'll all see.
    I'm Sean.
    An elegant death by glow sticks.

    ...05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13' and counting...

  9. #9
    Coachella Junkie humanoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    6,900

    Default Re: The Killers have gone down hill.

    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Hot Fuss is enormously good fun. But ever since, they've gone downhill like a quaint Swiss village during avalanche season.

    And Brandon Flowers creeps me out just a little bit more the more I hear from him.
    I hope they become buried under many tons of snow similar to the previously mentioned Swiss Village
    '99-'11...

  10. #10
    Member DaKINe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    lost angeles
    Posts
    157

    Default Re: The Killers have gone down hill.

    Yes...we are Human and also dancers.
    What kind of F-in song is that!
    It's the official Gay club anthem

  11. #11
    Member pocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Studio City
    Posts
    912

    Default Re: The Killers have gone down hill.

    Quote Originally Posted by DaKINe View Post
    Yes...we are Human and also dancers.
    What kind of F-in song is that!
    It's the official Gay club anthem
    its kind of a hunter s thompson quote, "are we raising a generation of humans or dancers…"

    hence the are we human, or are we dancer...

    either way the killers are not very good live but at least they try.

    oh and mr flowers use to have a sweet child molestation stache, i think he should regrow it...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pocketphotography/
    i shoot all the shows you want to go to

  12. #12
    Member patsfan5454's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,550

    Default Re: The Killers have gone down hill.

    Quote Originally Posted by pocket View Post

    oh and mr flowers use to have a sweet child molestation stache, i think he should regrow it...
    Totally! it screamed Village People!

  13. #13
    old school crazzz2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,828

    Default Re: The Killers have gone down hill.

    the killers never made it up the hill. so how can they go down the hill?

  14. #14
    Coachella Junkie woogie846's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,657

    Default Re: The Killers have gone down hill.

    I've never liked the Killers.

  15. #15

    Default Re: The Killers have gone down hill.

    Quote Originally Posted by RedThom View Post
    I've never found The Killers to be all that note worthy so i've just been ignoring the past couple records and just not giving it any thought. Now they are a big deal but in my opinion they are no better than The Strokes
    Don't compare the Killer's to the Strokes. The strokes have far more talent.
    Quicksand- "i train with my dad so i could choke out that cock too if i really wanted to."

  16. #16
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,489

    Default Re: The Killers have gone down hill.

    Really? The Killers have gone down hill?


    NO FUCKING WAY!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  17. #17
    Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11,892

    Default Re: The Killers have gone down hill.

    Since when was there a hill?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

  18. #18
    Coachella Junkie Blinken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,685

    Default Re: The Killers have gone down hill.

    I still have not been able to find that HST quote. I call bullshit on the Killers for this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

  19. #19
    Coachella Junkie HEADSTRUCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    8,588

    Default Re: The Killers have gone down hill.

    I love the killers and i cant wait to see them

  20. #20
    Member thatfinkleygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica
    Posts
    459

    Default Re: The Killers have gone down hill.

    Quote Originally Posted by newalias View Post
    I have been thinking about The Killers. I have seen them once. When Hot Fuss came out, it was a spectacle of excellent rock music and electronic influences. Great album. Every album thereafter sucked harder and harder. Sam's town was OK. When You Were Young was an awesome song, but it was the only song of sincere substance and superb composition. It was the crutch holding up a mediocre sophomore release. Sawdust...don't even get me started. I have to say that was the shittiest Joy Division cover I have ever heard. Day and Age. An attempt to reinvent? It's like the Killers all went to a gay club in Los Angeles and decided that their music wasn't dancey enough.

    At any rate, I ramble. Agree with me or not, I think the Killers lost their touch and produce shitty music. Discuss.

    my thoughts exactly, regarding hot fuss and sam's town. i didn't really investigate sawdust because i lost interest in the band after being underwhelmed by sam's town, but i do kinda like that song with lou reed ... was it tranquilize? anyway. as for day and age ... i don't even wanna go there hahah. i miss the hot fuss killers !
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    well....we can blame Murdoc a LITTLE

  21. #21
    Member pocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Studio City
    Posts
    912

    Default Re: The Killers have gone down hill.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blinken View Post
    I still have not been able to find that HST quote. I call bullshit on the Killers for this one.
    eh just google it youll find it, i found it the other day in the full context of his quote but dont feel like searching for it..
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pocketphotography/
    i shoot all the shows you want to go to

  22. #22

    Default Re: The Killers have gone down hill.

    The Killers were mediocre with Hot Fuss, plain and simple.

    Then Brandon Flowers turned into this decades Fred Durst.

    They just are not very good anymore, and they were never that good to begin with.
    05-12.2

  23. #23

    Default Re: The Killers have gone down hill.

    I think Fred Durst will come back and become next decade's Fred Durst.

  24. #24

    Default Re: The Killers have gone down hill.

    Speakin' of, that reminds me of a quote:
    Now I'm pretty sure the attacks on the twin towers were just assassination attempts on Fred Durst.

  25. #25
    Memorial_07
    Guest

    Default Re: The Killers have gone down hill.

    Down hill?

    that isn't the right word. they never even started going up

  26. #26
    Member Prof. Amaretto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Crunksville, U.S.A.
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: The Killers have gone down hill.

    Quote Originally Posted by Memorial_07 View Post
    Down hill?

    that isn't the right word. they never even started going up
    I call BS on the idea that the Killers will headline. Their new CD tanked like the recent stock market on a bad day. They've sold a lot of albums in the past (especially in the UK and such, for some reason), but I don't know anyone on the board (except for a couple) or outside the board that actually desires to see them. If BF can't carry a tune on his CD, he'll be even worse live.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    GV doesn't care. We shouldn't either.

  27. #27
    Coachella Junkie greghead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    6,026

    Default Re: The Killers have gone down hill.

    The Killers are boring. They shot their wad early and now they're trying to hide the fact they have no talent.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I'm still waiting for Jack White to finally admit that he invented the guitar.

  28. #28
    The Dude CalmerThanYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Snuggieville
    Posts
    7,360

    Default Re: The Killers have gone down hill.

    The Killers have gone down hill.
    The sun will rise tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

  29. #29
    Coachella Junkie Blinken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,685

    Default Re: The Killers have gone down hill.

    Quote Originally Posted by pocket View Post
    eh just google it youll find it, i found it the other day in the full context of his quote but dont feel like searching for it..
    Really, cause everytime I google it all I get is that douche from the killers saying that it is a HST quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

  30. #30
    Coachella Junkie HEADSTRUCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    8,588

    Default Re: The Killers have gone down hill.

    These Killers suck threads are getting stale. I get it Salah and I are the only ones that like them.

Similar Threads

  1. CYPRESS HILL
    By ClassicCultRecords in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-07-2008, 02:03 AM
  2. Capitol Hill Block Party 2008
    By invisiblerobots in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-15-2008, 06:48 AM
  3. Capitol Hill Block Party
    By invisiblerobots in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2007, 01:12 PM
  4. It's raining depressed over the hill stand up comedians
    By mob roulette in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-12-2007, 06:37 PM
  5. Cypress Hill guest apperance?
    By joebizz in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-29-2007, 12:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •