Thread: what is up with cheap(er) (pre-line up announcement) presale tickets?

Default what is up with cheap(er) (pre-line up announcement) presale tickets?

anyone know?

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Default Re: what is up with cheap(er) (pre-line up announcement) presale tickets?

No word yet.

If there is going to be a pre-announcement sale we'll know about it sometime in the next three weeks--assuming they announce the lineup around the third week of Jan. Otherwise I imagine they'll announce the lineup early in the week and put tickets on sale the following Sat. with a possible pre-sale option on Thurs. or Fri.

Default Re: what is up with cheap(er) (pre-line up announcement) presale tickets?

Tick tock tick tock tick tock
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

well, we'll start several thread about it between now and the lineup announcement. if it happens we will probably complain that it's not cheap enough. if it doesn't happen we will bitch about it incessantly. (especially when we find out how much the inevitable annual price hike is this year). we'll totally ignore the fact that some festivals in europe sell out at face value before the lineup is announced, where the only cheap presale tickets happen an entire year before the event, and demand that the world start revolving around us. but inevitably there will be a presale, because nothing happens without a presale these days. I think ticketmaster have hard coded their system to not allow on-sales without pre-sales with easy to guess passwords several days beforehand. whether it will be discounted or not we don't know, and whether it will be before or after the lineup announcement again we just have to wait and see.

see you in the same thread next year.

/thread

Thanks shaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

at least Coachella let's you know the line up before the pre sale...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    this is true/wonderful
    "Choke on that Causality!"

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I don't give a shit if the Killers are playing; I'll watch something else-even if it's watching the poor churro man get trampled by stoners.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    2007 they didn't. it tends to happen differently every year. damn, I forgot that in my rant earlier.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    2007 they didn't. it tends to happen differently every year. damn, I forgot that in my rant earlier.
    maybe due to the fact they they knew RATM would sell it out? I have had a feeling that if they do a presale without the line up then something major is afoot..
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    well, we'll start several thread about it between now and the lineup announcement. if it happens we will probably complain that it's not cheap enough. if it doesn't happen we will bitch about it incessantly. (especially when we find out how much the inevitable annual price hike is this year). we'll totally ignore the fact that some festivals in europe sell out at face value before the lineup is announced, where the only cheap presale tickets happen an entire year before the event, and demand that the world start revolving around us. but inevitably there will be a presale, because nothing happens without a presale these days. I think ticketmaster have hard coded their system to not allow on-sales without pre-sales with easy to guess passwords several days beforehand. whether it will be discounted or not we don't know, and whether it will be before or after the lineup announcement again we just have to wait and see.

see you in the same thread next year.
    LOL. We should just guide the Corporal to the BMOTW thread for cheap pre-lineup announcement imfo, no?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.