Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Blur

Default Re: Blur

The killers would not be on the outdoor.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    The killers would not be on the outdoor.
    ....because that cube production wouldn't fit...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

The bottom line is that there is probably only a 5% chance of Blur being at Coachella. Led Zeppelin reunited in London. The Verve reunited in Glasgow. Spice Girls reunited in Vancouver...? Did Swervedriver reunite in the U.S.?

Maybe there's a 10% chance, but still, Blur will probably reunite in England.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    The bottom line is that there is probably only a 5% chance of Blur being at Coachella. Led Zeppelin reunited in London. The Verve reunited in Glasgow. Spice Girls reunited in Vancouver...? Did Swervedriver reunite in the U.S.?

Maybe there's a 10% chance, but still, Blur will probably reunite in England.
    *cough*daftpunk*cough*
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

no blur at coach.

juststeve has spoken...no chance for Blur at Coachella...

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BLURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

GORRRILLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

please be a joke. please be a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    juststeve has spoken...no chance for Blur at Coachella...
    at least not the last i heard...who knows what has gone on the last week or so, though...

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

you're all forgetting the daily mirror. or mail. or whatever.

Unlikely. As much as I want them there. 2009 is not their year. With their comeback slated for July in the UK, why would they play Coachella 3 months prior? 2010 for sure.
    An elegant death by glow sticks.

...05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13' and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    Josh, i think you underestimate how awesome Blur are... and acts always tend to have a higher spot on the lineup if they are playing Coachella again.... just look at The Killers.... gone from Gobi to headliner...
    Quote Originally Posted by coolhandluke View Post
    But they've done something since then
    Exactly. Acts don't move up on the poster just because they have played Coachella before. Blur have done NOTHING since 2003. They mpve up on the poster because they have become more accomplished artists since the last time they played. Blur have broken up and reunited a number of times. There is no more novelty in a Blur "reunion." It would make no sense for them to be billed higher up in 09 than they were in 03.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    with Underworld ripping the Sahara apart with a 3 hour set...
    *swish*
    "Choke on that Causality!"

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I don't give a shit if the Killers are playing; I'll watch something else-even if it's watching the poor churro man get trampled by stoners.

Quote Originally Posted by RedThom View Post
    *swish*
    seconded.
    An elegant death by glow sticks.

...05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13' and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Exactly. Acts don't move up on the poster just because they have played Coachella before. Blur have done NOTHING since 2003. They mpve up on the poster because they have become more accomplished artists since the last time they played. Blur have broken up and reunited a number of times. There is no more novelty in a Blur "reunion." It would make no sense for them to be billed higher up in 09 than they were in 03.
    they've done nothing except regain their guitarist. and they've never broken up and reunited ever. coxon rejoining the band is the closest thing they have ever had to a reunion.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    I'm cool with Blur being there, but as a headliner/co-headliner? I don't buy that....then again last year nobody bought Jack Johnson and Porstishead as headliners either.
    if The Verve can co-headline on the strength of one hit song from ten years ago, then certainly a best-of Blur set has the strength to at least co-headline...

Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Blur>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>radiohead
    /fixed

Quote Originally Posted by mandelbaum View Post
    Gorillaz had a popular song 5 years ago. Neither Blur nor Gorillaz would qualify as headliners in the States.
    & how many hits did Portishead have in the states? oh that's right, it obv doesn't matter, so shut the fuck up...

btw, the Gorillaz had TWO popular songs in the U.S....hehe (and i would argue that Blur had 3-4 hits in the U.S.)

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    they've done nothing except regain their guitarist. and they've never broken up and reunited ever. coxon rejoining the band is the closest thing they have ever had to a reunion.
    Like the general public is going to give a shit that Blur got their guitarist back. Getting Graham Coxon back could move them up one place on the poster. Thats it. Also, I thought they broke up sometime in the 90s and 00s. With Coachella being one of their first shows back. I guess not...

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocide View Post
    btw, the Gorillaz had TWO popular songs in the U.S....hehe (and i would argue that Blur had 3-4 hits in the U.S.)
    Everyone knows Clint Eastwood and Feel Good Inc when it comes to Gorillaz. Everyone knows that "WOOO-HOOOO!" song when it comes to Blur.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Uh... in 03 Blur was billed below Queens of The Stones, Ben Harper and The Beastie Boys. Why in 2009 would Blur be a headliner? If Blur headline, or are even the main subheadliner, that would be a HUGE step down for Coachella.
    in '99, Morrissey played before Chemical Brothers and Beck, all on the Main, why would he headline or even main subheadline now, "that would be a HUGE step down for Coachella", and Beck went on to play the Gobi and Chemical Brothers went on to play the Sahara, so obviously nothing you said really has any revelance...

btw, in '03, that wasn't really Blur...

Exactly. Blur have done NOTHING since 2003. They mpve up on the poster because they have become more accomplished artists since the last time they played. Blur have broken up and reunited a number of times. There is no more novelty in a Blur "reunion." It would make no sense for them to be billed higher up in 09 than they were in 03.
    word for word of this post could be said about Jane's Addiction, and NOBODY would say they wouldn't be a headliner or subheadliner...

Like the general public is going to give a shit that Blur got their guitarist back.
    Like the general public would give a shit if Morrissey got HIS guitarist back?

Everyone knows Clint Eastwood and Feel Good Inc when it comes to Gorillaz. Everyone knows that "WOOO-HOOOO!" song when it comes to Blur.
    everyone knows that "nobody loves me" song when it comes to Portishead... see how obnoxious you sound?

everyone knowing Song 2 doesn't mean that was their only single, it means it was their biggest, that's all. For the record, "Girls & Boys" was a hit song years before whoo-hoo! Beetlebum and Coffee & TV were also hit singles...

i've said it once, and i'll say it again, people under the age of 25 prefer Gorillaz over Blur cause they're too young to know better... people over 25 prefer Blur because they were around to know better...
    Last edited by Xenocide; 01-05-2009 at 01:39 AM.

Everyone knows Clint Eastwood, Feel Good Inc., and Dare. Some might know 19-2000.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

The fact is that neither Blur nor Gorillaz SHOULD be headliners. If Blur ends up playing and headline/co-headline, then that means GV simply couldn't find an appropriate headliner and are forcing the issue like with Portishead last year (who ended up being a sub).
    Last edited by mandelbaum; 01-05-2009 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocide View Post
    & how many hits did Portishead have in the states? oh that's right, it obv doesn't matter, so shut the fuck up...

GV tried to make Portishead a headliner, but let's not forget that at the end of the day Portishead did not headline Saturday night. First GV moved Kraftwerk to make it look like a co-headline situation, and then Prince was brought on board, so thanks for the "shut the fuck up" comment, but my point remains.

GV tried to make Portishead a headliner, but let's not forget that at the end of the day Portishead did not headline Saturday night. First GV moved Kraftwerk to make it look like a co-headline situation, and then Prince was brought on board, so thanks for the "shut the fuck up" comment, but my point remains.
    Kraftwerk & Portishead were ALWAYS booked to play the same day, on the same stage, idk what you're talking about...

and Prince was ONLY added to Saturday because it was the only day he was available according to Dani... not because Portishead couldn't hang... and not because of ticket sales either, Sat. had higher prices on ebay, prior to the prince add, than Sunday and def. was selling better than Fri.... besides even after Prince was added, the day & the weekend didn't sell out, so are you gonna argue that Prince isn't a draw or worthy of being a headliner?

The fact is that neither Blur nor Gorillaz SHOULD be headliners. If Blur ends up playing and headline/co-headline, then that means GV simply couldn't find an appropriate headliner and are forcing the issue like with Portishead last year (who ended up being a sub).
    What do you mean Blur shouldn't be a headliner? I can see your point with Gorillaz, but Blur hasn't played with Coxon in many years, let alone had a proper American tour since Think Tank (6 years?!). I think many, many Blur fans would pay to see them headline. Plus keep in mind a ton of British people come to Coachella.

Also, since there are also Oasis rumors, this could be the Blur/Oasis feud (dueling headliners) year revisited.

the same people who think Blur can't headline are the same people who say The Smiths aren't all that big or ask who The Kinks are... or say how amazing My Morning Jacket were

and i guarantee they are all under the age of 25...

Word.

If Blur headlines I'll explode.

JJ and Porishead really redefined 'headliner' year. fuck.

I think blur could feasibly headline a night of coachella. no other festival (except maybe a small one like treasure island). all this talk of hits and songs that people recognize is BS. coachella's target audience is not top 40 mainstream. I shouldn't need to point that out. coachella attendees will know a lot more blur than the general public.

then again, having seen how thin of a crowd the verve drew last year, I have second thoughts. it's almost as if people had forgotten, or just stopped caring.

Yeah no kidding. The Killers headlining? Jack Johnson? I'm starting to think that myself...

However, Coachella has always been about the reunions and smaller bands. I'd happily see a set it a small tent than wedge myself in a huge crowd at Main just to see a corner of a jumbo screen.

well the verve suck so....that might have something to do with small crowd. I think Blur would be amazing, but last time they played Coachella they were billed below Ben Harper and QOTSA. I dont think you can have a headliner where a lot of people would look at the poster and say who? I mean seriously, people dont know who they are until you go you know that song woohoo! or the lead singer is the singer for the gorillaz.
    The White Stripes 9/18