Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Reunion We Could Ever See in the Sahara

Default Best Reunion We Could Ever See in the Sahara

IMO

ATERN-8!

w/o these guys there would be no Prodigy, no Daft Punk, no Bloody Beetroots, you name it. These guys invented the whole duo-wear-ing masks thing and basically invented breakbeat/hardcore/electro/techno.

Come on Goldenvoice! Call 'em up, make it happen! They haven't performed together in ages, I'm sure they'd love a high-profile reunion considering how many acts are blatantly ripping their sound these days.

Check these ridiculous videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKyt4XwaAG0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrKZ9Po6aYA

P.S. Can you believe they used to play this stuff on MTV?
    "We are one species. We are star stuff harvesting star light" -- Carl Sagan

Default Re: Best Reunion We Could Ever See in the Sahara

Tiga is the biggest Altern-8 rip off..but Tiga can do whatever he wants, cause hes genius..

or he just has really great taste...

Mystikal

Im down for this.

Orbital plz!
    '01 '02 '03 '04 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13...

New Edition reunion!! Bobby Brown would kill!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DJHilla! View Post
    IMO

ATERN-8!

w/o these guys there would be no Prodigy, no Daft Punk, no Bloody Beetroots, you name it. These guys invented the whole duo-wear-ing masks thing and basically invented breakbeat/hardcore/electro/techno.
    Are you retarded???

Altern8 formed in 1990...Prodigy was around since '88...dumbass...even Tiga was playing records in the late 80s...

It doesn't even matter because there has been an electronic music scene since the 60's so to say they invented breaks is fucking retarded...

Coachella had a little group called Kraftwerk perform last year (you probably never heard of them) but you can safely say they invented breaks...

INVENTED THE WHOLE DUO-WEAR-ING MASKS???

what the fuck are you talking about? I cant even name how many performers throughout history wore masks...or sirious stage outfits...

you are 15 years old and never been to a proper party...give it a little time...and start listening to better music...

oh wait...DJ HILLA??? shit man why didn't you say so??? I saw you play play a few weeks back...you were the bomb!!! I even got a pic:

the winstons invented breakbeat

I invented breakbeat...i also invented breaks... they named it after me when i broke my leg so...i was also the first one to break my leg... etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by ELPOLLOLOCO View Post
    Are you retarded???

Altern8 formed in 1990...Prodigy was around since '88...dumbass...even Tiga was playing records in the late 80s...

It doesn't even matter because there has been an electronic music scene since the 60's so to say they invented breaks is fucking retarded...

Coachella had a little group called Kraftwerk perform last year (you probably never heard of them) but you can safely say they invented breaks...

what the fuck are you talking about? I cant even name how many performers throughout history wore masks...or sirious stage outfits...

you are 15 years old and never been to a proper party...give it a little time...and start listening to better music...

oh wait...DJ HILLA??? shit man why didn't you say so??? I saw you play play a few weeks back...you were the bomb!!! I even got a pic:

Prodigy also formed in 1990. Do some research yourself ass-bag. Check Prodigy's OFFICIAL WEBSITE BIO if you doubt me.

And I didn't say they invented breaks, I said that they basically invented the scene that combined all the styles of music I mentioned into the form that is often copied today by groups like the Bloody Beetroots, Crookers, and Hostage. Obviously people like James Brown were doing break beat music long before Altern-8.

I also did not say they invented electronic music, so your comments about EM being around since the 60's and Kraftwerk are pointless. I do know Kraftwerk and have seen them live, but I would not say that their musical style is the same as Altern-8's. While Altern-8 was clearly influenced by Kraftwerk, they branched off into their own musical territory and did something new in genre of EDM.

Furthermore, I think Altern-8 would be far more entertaining live in the Sahara than Kraftwerk ever is. Sorry, but their stage show doesn't have anywhere near the same kind of raw energy.

And yet again you mis-quoted me about the masks. I was comparing them to groups like Daft Punk, Bloody Beetroots, and Don't Believe the Hype who clearly utilize the masks in a similar fashion and create a similar image for their group with their performance style.

For your information I am not 15, and I am also not some tool-bag that trolls around the message boards at night and takes a post about a perfectly legitimate performance suggestion and turns it into a chance to show what a dick I am.

Also, I began my post with a very obvious "IMO" <-------

So, you clearly have a yours, why don't you shove it up your pompous ass!
    Last edited by DJHilla!; 01-22-2009 at 02:21 AM.

And don't even get me started on your blatant use of homophobic slurs. Way to be a h8ter

Quote Originally Posted by silver_lounge View Post
    New Edition reunion!! Bobby Brown would kill!!!
    I completely agree. Candy Girl = Coachella bliss

And this would be way better and less creepy than the often rumored Jackson 5 reunion.

Did you seriously just say "h8ter"?

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Did you seriously just say "h8ter"?
    It was a reference to the multitude of "No on Prop. H8te" signs that were all over CA during the run-up to the November elections. Sorry if the reference was missed by out-of-st8ters :P

I want my 83 seconds back.
    The Tinychat password is coache11a

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloka View Post
    Share the art bus to enhance the festival... can be used as stage for band ...
    I can also come early and help set up ...
    How can you say no to this offer, Goldenvoice?

IMO

ATERN-8!

Come on Goldenvoice! Call 'em up, make it happen! They haven't performed together in ages, I'm sure they'd love a high-profile reunion considering how many acts are blatantly ripping their sound these days.

Check these ridiculous videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKyt4XwaAG0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrKZ9Po6aYA

P.S. Can you believe they used to play this stuff on MTV?

Ummm Hello...Winter Reunion ring a bell...Dec 20th 2008, we reunited Altern-8 like one month ago in The Hollywood Hills... Coachella Reunion FAIL! They also played a free show show at Broke on Sunday in the valley the next night....http://www.winterreunion.net/

But I would like to see them agian...
    Last edited by Jagh20; 01-22-2009 at 08:49 AM.

ELPOLLOLOCO: looks like we've found another a bit too obsessed with homosexuality 'straight guy': you!

Are you retarded???

I'd love to see Altern8 at Coachella. Ah, brings back memories.
    Upcoming shows:

Drknowph

be happy
    smile

those guys are pretty tight

mschirmersf

Altern-8 had a huge hand in the 90's rave scene. Altern-8 was formed in Stafford in 1990, as a side project to the already successful Nexus 21 (a name chosen because of its "technoey" sound), when both members were 21. From the outset the band's objective was to develop their style which was heavily influenced by the musical elements of the Detroit techno artists Derrick May, Juan Atkins and Kevin Saunderson, as well as the Chicago sound of Phuture and early electronic heroes Kraftwerk.
    Altern-8 tunes changed the world of dance music, influencing many artists, with their mixture of the sounds of the Roland TB-303, 808 and 909 with breakbeats and familiar samples. At the time in the UK, outdoor rave events were legal, and Altern-8 had a reputation for turning up to play at major unofficial events. They helped to define trends and anthems in hardcore techno with music that became faster, relying more heavily on bass and volume. The use of more bass and eclectic noises gradually evolved Altern-8's music away from the earlier house music style. The duo, dressed in chemical warfare suits and dancing "like electrified monkeys", took part in a large number of live performances.
    Notable Altern-8 tracks include "Activ-8", "E-vapor-8", "Frequency", "Brutal-8-E", "Armageddon", "Move my body", "Hypnotic St-8" and "Infiltrate 202". The band produced an album on the Network Records label in 1992 called Full On... Mask Hysteria. After disbanding in 1993 they later regrouped for a comeback tour on which they were rumoured to have played a midnight rave set in the middle of a country farm.
    In 1992, Peat entered as a candidate for the Stafford constituency in the General Election representing the Hardcore (Altern8-ive) party. He polled 158 votes and finished in fourth place. In 1993, Archer began producing as Slo Moshun with Danny Taurus, responsible for Bells of N.Y., and Xen Mantra.

Full On... Mask Hysteria by Altern-8
    Altern-8's somewhat surreal image made for dramatic photographs and videos, but the same PR that helped to sell their music was eventually used against the rave movement, as the UK tabloid press published stories about the dangers of ecstasy, illegal raves and their impact on the countryside, resulting in the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994.

I doubt they would be in the Sahara but I want an At The Drive In, reunion damn it!

the correct answer is:

REPUBLICA!!!!!

"Choke on that Causality!"

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I don't give a shit if the Killers are playing; I'll watch something else-even if it's watching the poor churro man get trampled by stoners.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagh20 View Post
    Ummm Hello...Winter Reunion ring a bell...Dec 20th 2008, we reunited Altern-8 like one month ago in The Hollywood Hills... Coachella Reunion FAIL! They also played a free show show at Broke on Sunday in the valley the next night....http://www.winterreunion.net/

But I would like to see them agian...
    Shit I wish I'd heard about that, I'd have been there in a second. Good to know they're back together doing the occasional gig!

Shit I wish I'd heard about that, I'd have been there in a second. Good to know they're back together doing the occasional gig!
    OH BTW, They did full on mask hysteria

Are you retarded???

El pollo I LOVE YOU MAN you complete me,you OWNED that guy

Paul is dead

Quote Originally Posted by jessface View Post
    I doubt they would be in the Sahara but I want an At The Drive In, reunion damn it!
    wont happen

but itd be cool
    Years attended: ...'08...'09...'10...'11...'12...'13!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jagh20 View Post
    OH BTW, They did full on mask hysteria
    Nice! How much day-glo clothing was there haha? They have hype dancers and/or vocalists?