Thread: Sneaker Pimps for 2009- The Original Lineup

Default Sneaker Pimps for 2009- The Original Lineup

With Kelli Ali!!

who is with me?

imagine listening to 6 Underground/Nellee Hooper Mix Live!!!!!!!
    coachella vet: 02, 03, 06, 07, 08, 09......
    http://mrgwillgo.blogspot.com/

Default Re: Sneaker Pimps for 2009- The Original Lineup

FTW. I am so there.
    An elegant death by glow sticks.

...05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13' and counting...

Much more of a fan of post-Kelli Sneaker Pimps, and to an even greater degree, Chris Corner's new(est) project, IAMX.

But I'd be happy with any of his projects at Coachella.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

would be awesome... never would happen.

all i know is i saw them in 97 and after 3 songs people were throwing shit at them and the singer said if we continued to throw stuff they would leave.

out of no where a huge fridge box gets tossed on stage and the singer walks off, then the guitarist, the drummer in his own world continues to drum for about two minutes and walks off.

i had a bad impression of them after that.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pocketphotography/
    i shoot all the shows you want to go to

ROFL at a fridge box out of nowhere, now that is classic. Would probably hit a million views on youtube if there is video.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or even Snake River Conspiracy...

For the first time in message board history I find myself agreeing with airguitarvet about something.

That said....
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
    would be awesome... never would happen.
    On the nose, if grammatically weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by youguysallsuckfatcock View Post
    now you guys are really pissing me off. especiall you walrus fucker

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocide View Post
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or even Snake River Conspiracy...
    man i was friends with the singer of SRC its how i got to meet maynard when they were opening on the first APC tour. still have the backstage pass on my wall. maynard though, biggest dick ever. i was the only guy in the after party and all he said was, i only let women backstage whats up with the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdubby View Post
    ROFL at a fridge box out of nowhere, now that is classic. Would probably hit a million views on youtube if there is video.
    in 97 there wasnt camera phones and stuff like that. it was for a radio show for the now defunct kome san jose radio station. it did allow green day to play a longer set though...

Quote Originally Posted by pocket View Post
    it did allow green day to play a longer set though...
    Jesus Christ, what a travesty. This story went from bad (Sneaker Pimps poorly received at concert) to worse (crowd extremely poorly behaved, throws shit, ends show early) to horrible (early departure of Sneaker Pimps means Green Day gets a longer set).

Actually, though, Green Day was a good deal less shitty back in those days. Still...

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Jesus Christ, what a travesty. This story went from bad (Sneaker Pimps poorly received at concert) to worse (crowd extremely poorly behaved, throws shit, ends show early) to horrible (early departure of Sneaker Pimps means Green Day gets a longer set).

Actually, though, Green Day was a good deal less shitty back in those days. Still...
    it wasnt that they were poorly recieved, it was a radio show for the now defunct san jose radio station KOME. it went our lady peace, everclear, sneakerpimps, green day, mighty mighty bosstones (but for our radio shows the band before trhe last was the headliner).

all the bands had shit thrown around at them, it wasnt like people were trying to injure people. It was only mid way through the second song that the singer went to the mic and said "if you continue to throw stuff we are going to leave".

serious she was just asking for it.

it also again was 97 and the bay area, we all were happy to get a longer green day set, and you should have saw how much crap was thrown on the stage when they played...

Quote Originally Posted by pocket View Post
    serious she was just asking for it.
    I don't want to sound like I'm getting up on a high horse, but I don't think it's ever okay to throw shit at someone who's performing for you. It's fine to leave if you don't enjoy the show, but don't actively disrupt or endanger the performers, ruining the show for people who are actually into it.

This is a good time to bring up my fury over the bottle-ing of Crowded House in '07. People say that it was GV's fault for scheduling them before Manu Chao and Rage, but I think that's a cop-out. Crowded House is an immensely popular band with a devoted following worldwide, and Neil Finn is a very talented singer/songwriter. I'm not too into them myself, but they've made a sizable contribution to the musical world that I recognize, and I think they deserve to play to appreciative audiences... especially when they're playing a good show and being really, really good sports about all the negative vibes from some people in the audience.

So- recap before I'm off my soapbox- it's okay to not like a band. It's okay to walk out on a band. What's not okay is actively disrupting a show, especially in a way that could cause harm to the performers. That's never okay. You don't have to like every band that plays, but they do deserve your respect, because they worked their asses off to get up on that stage. I mean, throwing shit? That's just shameful.

All right, I'm done. And now that I've said my piece, I can't deny that the refrigerator box thing was funny, even if throwing shit in general isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    I don't want to sound like I'm getting up on a high horse, but I don't think it's ever okay to throw shit at someone who's performing for you. It's fine to leave if you don't enjoy the show, but don't actively disrupt or endanger the performers, ruining the show for people who are actually into it.

This is a good time to bring up my fury over the bottle-ing of Crowded House in '07. People say that it was GV's fault for scheduling them before Manu Chao and Rage, but I think that's a cop-out. Crowded House is an immensely popular band with a devoted following worldwide, and Neil Finn is a very talented singer/songwriter. I'm not too into them myself, but they've made a sizable contribution to the musical world that I recognize, and I think they deserve to play to appreciative audiences... especially when they're playing a good show and being really, really good sports about all the negative vibes from some people in the audience.

So- recap before I'm off my soapbox- it's okay to not like a band. It's okay to walk out on a band. What's not okay is actively disrupting a show, especially in a way that could cause harm to the performers. That's never okay. You don't have to like every band that plays, but they do deserve your respect, because they worked their asses off to get up on that stage. I mean, throwing shit? That's just shameful.

All right, I'm done. And now that I've said my piece, I can't deny that the refrigerator box thing was funny, even if throwing shit in general isn't.

i meant that she was asking for the box to be thrown when she, middle of song, yelled at the audiance to stop throwing stuff on stage. when people are already being rowdy you dont encourage them ya know.

and what was being thrown was NOT like the water bottle incident where people were trying to hit the band with something that could hurt them.

what was being thrown around were tinfoil balls and paper. something you would see at an aquabats show or a supernova show or punk type shows. it wasnt like it only happened when they were on stage, it had happened to every band that night, including the two before the SP played. everclear (who were on right before) infact start throwing stuff back. it was kinda how the night went.

i think i didnt make it clear but people were NOT really throwing stuff at the band more just up on the stage and at eachother in the audiance. even the box was just tossed on the stage, away from the singer.

ive seen bands get heckeled and continue to play. heck when i first saw dashboard confessional when it was just chris on a stool people just yelled at him being a winey little bitch and what a pussy he had become.

chris stopped then got in the guys face and called him out and handed him the guitar and asked him if he could do better, needless to say people shut up after that.

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    Much more of a fan of post-Kelli Sneaker Pimps, and to an even greater degree, Chris Corner's new(est) project, IAMX.

I'm right there with ya.

I would be happy with just Kelli Ali. Her new album Rocking Horse is weird. Acoustic and lots of strings etc. It's taking a while to grow on me, not quite the instant classic like Psychic Cat.

Saw Sneaker Pimps in 1997 at the Hollywood Athletic Club with the Josephine Wiggs Experience and that was a great show.

Sadly, they played the V festival when I was in England in 1999, and I wasn't familiar with the male singer then so I didn't watch it. I got into his stuff with the band later and really liked it. argh.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

Same here. I'd much rather see Sneaker Pimps with Chris on vocals as opposed to Kelli. Hell, I'd be happy with just seeing IAMX at Coachella, which is far more likely than a SP reunion.

maybe if someone in the sahara was cool enough to play spin spin sugar or tesko suicide... i could live with that...

I just found this and I have to again reiterate that I enjoy Chris Corner's voice and performance much more than Kelli's...

2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Chris Corner > Kelli Ali on Becoming X track vocals (this same "Boxed Set" show has him doing Spin Spin Sugar too), but Bloodsport, Splinter and (unreleased) SP4 are even better.

IAMX at Coachella would be very welcomed, and would make sense since the 3rd album is supposed to be released in March 2009.

Sneaker PImps original line-up...mmm, guess i wouldn't mind since I never saw them during the Becoming X tour, maybe Coachella 2012 for the 15th anniversary of Becoming X??

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

I just found this and I have to again reiterate that I enjoy Chris Corner's voice and performance much more than Kelli's...

that was much better than I would have anticipated. also, I didn't realize he was so effeminate.

I think there was a huge backlash in the late 90s where audiences thought it was fun to throw things at the bands performing after seeing how much of hoot Green Day had at the mud fight of Woodstock '94. I could just be making that up, but I do remember crowds being more disrespectful at festivals after that moment in time. If I were the Sneaker Pimps I would have walked off stage too.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    that was much better than I would have anticipated. also, I didn't realize he was so effeminate.
    He was really young in that video, not that he's changed too much since then. He still loves to wear make-up. Check out the art in the K+S release is very Aladdin Sane-era Bowie.

i wouldn't describe him so much as effeminate, but rather pixie-ish...so tiny.

whiney pain in butt

sure why not

So no Sneaker Pimps reunion (never was a chance), but no IAMX either. He's playing London on April 19th...maybe in the fall for Detour!!

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    So no Sneaker Pimps reunion (never was a chance), but no IAMX either. He's playing London on April 19th...maybe in the fall for Detour!!
    Ugh, that sucks. Coachella needs to invite Mr. Chris Corner someday.
    If we're lucky something will happen. Some adversity will happen and something unexpected will happen and you'll get tired and you'll get hungry, you'll have trouble going to the bathroom, and you'll lose your car keys, and all these wonderful things will add up to some powerful experience that 10 years from now we'll say "We lived, we lived." - Wayne Coyne on Coachella