Thread: Need Your Help

Default Need Your Help

Does anyone know what the name of the track is that Santa is spinning at the end of the commercial..

I've looked all over the net, wiki questions, you tube comments, Claus' facebook page, ad age's article about the campaign, creature ad agency in Seattle who created the ads, ad tunes website, Palm Centro Claus page and much more but nobody seems to know.

By the way, this series of commercials is kinda bizarre. It's all about how Santa is cool now because he got a Palm Centro...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Default Re: Need Your Help

it looks more like he's gay now to me.
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

Who cares? sample techno is so 2008...

Gayest Santa ever...Unless snobism is better expressed with afeminate manners in the north pole...dunno
    NO TASTE IN'09

i see more of an intellectual than a gay guy
    ~~~COACHELLA 2007- 2015~~~

Originally Posted by humanoid
    Coachella is much better enjoyed with a sense of absolute freedom...

I see an intellectual gay guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt
    I know it's hard, but try not to turn into GPS. It is just unfortunate for us all.

Here is the commercial that started it, when Santa gets the centro and gets cool...I know the song already in this one, it's Motion Man with the Rondo Brother doing a cover of Christmas in Hollis..

I'm not sure what I think of the Rondo Brothers yet, I have to re listen to their stuff some more times.

http://www.myspace.com/rondobrothers

And then they did this commercial with the cool Santa and a Valet..

=related

They even made a face book page for the cool Santa Claus and you can download his album with 5 tracks...

And he has a page on the centro page...it's the strangest ad campaign I've seen in a while.

Here is the article about it from Ad Age..

The Ghost of Christmases Not-Long Past
    Palm Reconstructs Classic Run D.M.C. Holiday Tune for Integrated Campaign

Posted by Charlie Moran on 12.15.08 @ 01:40 PM

Advertising Age Embedded Player

I had a revelatory moment last year when, while riding a bus through Queens, I passed Hollis Hills and realized that it was a real place, not just the setting for my favorite Christmas song since I was a kid. (I immediately texted everyone I knew). For anyone who's had the TV turned on lately, Run D.M.C.'s immortal "Christmas in Hollis" has been recontextualized once again.

For an integrated campaign for the Palm Centro, Seattle-based agency Creature recruited Rondo Brothers, a Bay-area duo with as many remix credits as they have ad soundtrack credits, who provided a remixed Santa Claus with a suitably remixed soundtrack. Said track, "Claus Anthem," features rapper Motion Man, who stays pretty close to the original lyrics while ad-libbing some of this own ambient memories into the mix. He doesn't have the same joie de vivre, but who ever did?

Palm has been leveraging the musical side of the campaign through a slew of content pumped into a Facebook page, which includes goofy videos, Claus himself posting to his wall, some applications, and, what we care most about, a free remixed Christmas e.p. featuring tracks from Pacha Massive, Donovan Frankenrieter, Johnny Mercer, Breakestra and Erran Baron Cohen, Sacha Baron Cohen's brother, who put out his own Hanukkah album this year.

The enjoyment bar for Christmas songs is ridiculously low, so we have no idea what non-insane people think of the remix. However, Creature says that Reverend Run himself approves. What do you think: Yay or neigh?

http://adage.com/songsforsoap/post?a...=palm%20centro

Also, this I discovered just because I figured I could go on the net and figure out that song from the first video in 5 seconds..

Sigh..

I mean geez they made all these crazy bonus videos with Claus where he is doing stuff like showing his new sleigh, getting a parking ticket, giving behind the scenes details, etc.

So much work put into this character...

Maybe he will get a tv show that will be canceled immediately like the Geico cavemen.