Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official Faux Pas Thread

Default The Official Faux Pas Thread

Jennifer and I went to a baby shower yesterday. During the course of conversation, it came out that a PF Chang's has opened near our house. I started laughing, not quite to myself but certainly not loudly. Jennifer thought I was happy because I like PF Chang's, but in reality, I was laughing at the memory of one of this past season of South Park's best episodes, "The China Probrem." I told her as such and she launched into a Cartman impersonation. "What are the plans to invade America? I forgot." I corrected her pronunciation, saying, "No, no, it's, 'What are the prans to invade Amelica?' I forgot.'" And she agreed with my correction and we laughed heartily.

Then I turned around and saw the lone Korean woman at the shower struggling to refrain from calling us assholes in front of the kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

Default Re: The Official Faux Pas Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Then I turned around and saw the lone Korean woman at the shower struggling to refrain from calling us assholes in front of the kids.
    ???
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

baby shower
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

Never talk about weird stories you heard about people in your social circle's sex lives while standing in front of an elevator. The doors might open and someone you know might be standing there... Yeah...
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

I didn't know PF was Chinese.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

When we were kids, my brother and I were on a shuttle with our parents at the Grand Canyon. My brother, being a precocious youngster, pointed at a severely obese man and asked rather loudly, "Mom, why is that man so fat?"

Another time, after having spoke with my teenage neighbors and them telling me about their sexual exploits, I asked loudly in a public place, "Do you think Big Mike really banged his girlfriend?"
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

to this day I laugh about a day in high school when a friend expressed his relief that he hasn't made a fox pass.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    to this day I laugh about a day in high school when a friend expressed his relief that he hasn't made a fox pass.
    Did you ever see that episode of The Daily Show in which one of the correspondents did an interview with, like, the mayor of some small town, and the mayor pronounced the word "fox paw"? The correspondent asked him to repeat the word and he did so numerous times, proud of knowing such a highfalutin word. I searched for it on the Daily Show site and YouTube but wasn't able to find it.

C'mon, people. Everyone says stupid shit that they immediately regret in public. Quit holding out.
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

I say stupid shit all the time but I manage to not be racist.
    You were right. I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    Oh my fucking God.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Oh my fucking God.
    it took us a moment to figure out what he meant. so he then got the impression we didn't know the phrase 'faux pas'. then in an instant it all became clear. and fucking hilarious.

I think I'd have died. I'd have literally died. I would actually have laughed myself right to death, there and then. I'd start chuckling, it would build into a hearty laugh, and then to a graceless, helpless guffaw, until finally, with a sound like ripping cotton, something would rupture, and I'd die in a painful mess of spluttering organ failure.

And even then, even as the life bled right out of me and my lungs started to fill, the last thought to run through my dying brain would be "Fox Pass.

Oh my God.

Oh my fucking God, Fox Pass."
    Last edited by MissingPerson; 12-08-2008 at 09:54 PM.

Coachella Junkie

The last few posts in this thread have made my night.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Did you ever see that episode of The Daily Show in which one of the correspondents did an interview with, like, the mayor of some small town, and the mayor pronounced the word "fox paw"? The correspondent asked him to repeat the word and he did so numerous times, proud of knowing such a highfalutin word. I searched for it on the Daily Show site and YouTube but wasn't able to find it.

C'mon, people. Everyone says stupid shit that they immediately regret in public. Quit holding out.
    Holding out? Shit, 75% of my posts should qualify me for a Faux Paus Cerificate of Achievement!
    Last edited by BROKENDOLL; 12-09-2008 at 02:03 AM.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

The husband and I have giggled over the "her left eye is lazy" line in "Nicotine and Gravy" in front of not one, but TWO friends with lazy eyes. They both wore glasses to fix it, so we had no idea. Awkward...

Oh, and when I worked for a Wells Fargo inside a grocery store, another teller and I were talking about the tacky outfit of a girl who was shopping. We happened to be helping her friend at the time. I am the master of foot-in-mouth.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by rskapcat View Post
    The husband and I have giggled over the "her left eye is lazy" line in "Nicotine and Gravy" in front of not one, but TWO friends with lazy eyes. They both wore glasses to fix it, so we had no idea. Awkward..
    LOL!!!!

I generally try to make sure that when I'm talking shit, that person or anyone of that person's spies aren't around me. Ever since highschool people have always loved coming to me to vent or to talk smack about someone. I'm good at keeping secrets, but sometimes I just have to tell my best friend if it's something particularly juicy. She knows to keep it to herself, and that's why I luv her!

Also, the biggest faux pas of all (and I can't believe no one mentioned it) is NEVER WEAR WHITE AFTER LABOR DAY

(never mix stripes with plaid either)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Sophomore year of high school, we're in history class and its towards the end of the school year. Its a really nice day out and I see people leaving for co-op. meanwhile, the teacher is becoming the person on the phone in cartoons. wah wah wah wah. Im looking outside and thinking, man, i wanna get the hell out of here, its so nice out and im just stuck in here for like another two hours. "this sucks." except, that last part was out loud. everyone turns and looks at me and im looking at them like, oh fuck. some people laugh a little and the teacher is fucking pissed. "what did you say?!" uh, um...."go to the office right now!!" i got out of there, but just to go to in school.

i still laugh at this.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i tend to be the ruiner of surprise parties, that's my big faux pas. but if people don't want me to ruin the SURPRISE, they should make it damn clear it's a SURPRISE!
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    Also, the biggest faux pas of all (and I can't believe no one mentioned it) is NEVER WEAR WHITE AFTER LABOR DAY
    I'm wearing lacey white doc boots today.

I pretty much embarrass myself at any and all social interactions. For a while I pronounced the word awry as "aw-ree" instead of "a-RYE," and Jacob still brings that up. My brother did it too so I didn't feel so bad after that. Once at Kohl's we were looking at these beach-type Barbie dolls, and I remember referring to the tanner ones as "colored" for some reason (not even thinking of the racial significance of the word, I was just grasping for "tan" I guess), and Jacob wouldn't speak to me for a couple hours he was so embarrassed of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

my dad wears white socks with birkenstocks.

whats the deal with no white after labor day? and how long after? when is it before labor day?

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I'm wearing lacey white doc boots today
    WOW
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    whats the deal with no white after labor day? and how long after? when is it before labor day?
    after memorial day cool after labor day not cool

although it's not true anymore

that rule is made up by northerners who live in a different climate
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

but why? whats the reason? just because? did they not wanna blend in with the snow?

darker weather calls for darker attire
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

after memorial day cool after labor day not cool

although it's not true anymore
    someone hasn't seen Serial Mom... wearing white after labor day will get your skull bludgeoned with the receiver of a pay phone. fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    the only cocks I suck belong to black women.
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    We use the term "Off-roading" when we wanna go down on a guy with a freakish bush. "Randy, should I throw some Nair to my patch?" "Nah, brah, I wanna go off-roading"

Yes!!!!^^^^

Or was it never date anyone white after labor day? I can't rememeber
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

darker weather calls for darker attire
    gloomy northern fucks....wait.....