Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone apps

Default Re: iPhone apps

Kreutz or Mariano do you either of you mind telling me the best way going about Jailbreaking my iPhone?
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariano View Post
    Jailbreaking your iPhone is a good idea.

Good games: TapDefense (I can't believe it's free), Bejeweled 2 (costs a couple of bucks but addictive as crack), Crash Nitro Kart (good implementation of the accelerometer), Dactyl (tap the bombs before they explode, addictive)

Useful Stuff: Google App, Accuweather or TWC for a better Weather alternative, Shazam (I like it more than Midomi), Pandora, Palringo (multi protocol IM), Facebook, Joost [?], Wikipanion (I think this is the best way to browse wikipedia with a nice UI)

Jailbroken Apps:
    SBsettings (access some phone settings while using any other app - this should be implemented by Apple, It's extremely good)
    MxTube (You must use this, downloading youtube videos in HQ is priceless)
    Websearch (Lets you search directly from lots of websites and you can add your own ones)
    Cycorder (filming)
    Snapture (camera with more options)
    Insomnia (keeps wifi and other services running while locked)
    dTunes (play files directly from a folder in the iPhone and download them over the air with seeqpod integration)
    NemusSync (sync your calendar with Google Calendar)
    Categories (make folders for your apps and keep them in groups)
    Winterboard (lets you customize everything, from Springboard to sounds)
    MIM - make it mine (lets you change your carrier text to whatever you want)
    backgrounder - lets you keep something running in the background

Hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by vogina View Post
    Kreutz or Mariano do you either of you mind telling me the best way going about Jailbreaking my iPhone?
    Just finished Jailbreaking my phone. Thanks for this post. For anyone else: http://www.iphonehacks.com/ Step by Step process; and now an easy software to unlock it too
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

So I was wondering if any of you got the Emulators to work for a Windows based system, not Mac for the Iphone?!

So now when bored in class download torrent files from my iphone.

I hacked the blood out of my iPhones anus

Having a hacked iPhone is awesome!

Sorry .. I didn't read the question before

... (looking for links/tutorials) ...

I used this one:
    http://www.iclarified.com/entries/in...scid=11&seid=2

maybe this one is useful:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/jailbreak_iphone/

and the obvious:
    http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

I found the first one to be clear enough

Has anyone tried Yellowsn0w ?

I just got the AllRecipes App (because i love to cook). It's free, and will be great when im at the market and pick what i want, since everything is listed there.

VOGINA - Do you recommend i unlock mine and stop being a pussy?
    Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

Fourfree -- is a great addictive connect four type game
    iShoot - can't mention it enough...replica of old skool scorched earth game..2.99.
    PapiJump - Addictive free game where you're endlessly jumping higher and higher till you fall.
    Facemelter - funny app lets you mess with your pictures and save them
    PegJump - replica of a game in a lot of restaurants.
    koipond - WORTHLESS JUNK
    Joost- lets me stream tv and movies on my wi-fi at home while i'm on the toilet
    Upcoming Shows:

Sasquatch Festival

Quote Originally Posted by CalmerThanYou View Post
    I just got the AllRecipes App (because i love to cook). It's free, and will be great when im at the market and pick what i want, since everything is listed there.

Do you want to unlock it (meaning, you can use other sim cards + jailbreak) or, jailbreak your iPhone? I've messed around, but haven't sold myself on the jailbreak iPhone, because knowing my luck--and it is always bad with cell phones--it will inevitably break and I will have to shell out some more dinero to get a replacement 3G. I do like the fact you can do more and more with it, so I'm going to probably mull it over for a little bit...then decide...

I really enjoy the tap defense app...

woops, i meant jailbreak...

i dont know why im so retarded, but i just got Pandora = gonna be awesome in the car/impromptu dance parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Semantic View Post
    Do you want to unlock it (meaning, you can use other sim cards + jailbreak) or, jailbreak your iPhone? I've messed around, but haven't sold myself on the jailbreak iPhone, because knowing my luck--and it is always bad with cell phones--it will inevitably break and I will have to shell out some more dinero to get a replacement 3G. I do like the fact you can do more and more with it, so I'm going to probably mull it over for a little bit...then decide...

I want to jail break mine but last time it crashed and I lost like $3000 in music because I had just bought a new computer. Luckily I had some of it backed up but I was without contacts and music for about a month before I could restore it.

Between the Weather Underground Radio, I Heart Radio and Public Radio apps, I have about 98% of the radio stations in the US. The WU one has a bunch of police and fire scanners too. Pandora is a must too.
    I'm going to put your sidekick in my mojito.

Quote Originally Posted by CalmerThanYou View Post

I do. It's very cool to have. If you follow the instructions on how to, back up your very last OEM sync of the phone (so that way if anything goes wrong, you can have that OEM backup of right before you hacked your phone).. Don't see why not?!

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Semantic View Post

Ya, that was my premise to do it or not. But this is my 3rd replaced iPhone, free of charge. Apple has a 1 year replacement. Anything goes wrong with it, go into the Apple store, demand another. I've been told either a) you get a refurbishment one, b) it's new or c) it's either a/b. Haha, those are the exact answers I got told every time I went in to get a new one.

So when I figured I could hack my iPhone, I jumped on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mattpach View Post
    I want to jail break mine but last time it crashed and I lost like $3000 in music because I had just bought a new computer. Luckily I had some of it backed up but I was without contacts and music for about a month before I could restore it.
    One thing when I got my first computer... BACK UP EVERYTHING! I have 2 external hard drives, and my laptop. Does the job. Don't need more than that. Your 2 externals go down, well... GOD HATES YOU!

[B]BOTTOM LINE:[B]
    You can video record.
    Run Apps in the background. i.e, AIM- you close the screen OEM it will log you out, get this app it will be logged on all the time
    Categories- make one app icon to store all other apps in, like a folder on your computer to store files. I used it to categorize all sorts of things.. food, drink, games, but it was too much of a pain in the ass. So what apps do we all have the most of?! GAMES! so i put a folder to hold those in
    Torrent Files
    Download Youtube in High Quality
    AND PROBABLY THE BEST OF ALL FOR MAC USERS, have not figured out Windows users yet.. BUT AN N.E.S EMULATOR!! SWEET MOTHER OF GOD!
    You can SMS, $Hacked App. Have not purchased it because it is a $hacked app, haha. I am somewhat skeptical of it.

Hope this helped, I'm sure we have the same kind of worries and thoughts on it.

Here is an email I sent to some girls, who may I add, are probably not as technologically literate as most of you; assumption only

Hey whats up. OK, this is going to take a while probably so be prepared, by the rewards are worth the means.

First, here is a couple things you could be looking forward too: Picture messaging[paid hacked app ='( ] , custom wallpapers not just on the lock screen, but on your app screen. Cut/copy/paste app. More games!!, Mx Tube which allows you to save Youtube videos in HD on your phone, pretty cool I think. Those are all the apps that I pretty much use.

First go here:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2009/01/jailbreak3g-win.html
    THIS IS A DETAILED OUTLINE OF WHAT YOU NEED TO DO

but I will give you a quicker, less ready, way..

When I use the symbol > that just means computer talk for tabs, buttons, whatever need to pressed/clicked to go to the next screen.

VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT.. You must Sync your iPhone one final time before doing all of this and make sure you made a "backup" from that last sync. You can find all this when you are in iTunes and your iPhone is connected. Go under the tabs and look for it. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766

iTunes must be up to date! >settings, check for updates.

iPhone mus be version 2.2 with firmware 02.28.00! >settings>general [look for version, look for firmware make sure they match] IF NOT UPDATE YOUR IPHONE BY CONNECTING IT TO ITUNES/UPDATE*

Download: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Download: http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&vi...KZRf3iwfYD4FPK

This next file is a "zip" file. If you do not have a program to unzip files, download this: http://www.download.com/WinZip/3000-...-10003164.html

From here follow the directions from that first link.

CYDIA, the app icon on your iphone is the equivilant to APPS. It has all the apps you can download, same way as the APPS.

ENJOY!!
    Last edited by vogina; 02-05-2009 at 09:13 PM.

Oh, and Calmer. The only reason I unlocked my iPhone was for shits and giggles. Nothing bad came of it. Slipped my girlfriends tmobile sim in my phone, worked like a charm. Works for every U.S carrier.

How the fuck did i JUST find out about the Pandora app yesterday?

Could be the best fucking thing EVER. Works like a dream in my car too....changed my musical life with the bookmark features, etc...

my god.

Young blood

pfffhhhhhhtttttttttttt

Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    I just set this up. Works awesome.

Young blood

http://blog.wired.com/business/2009/...ble-album.html

great idea.

Next month Oregon Trail is released.

Sirius Radio App is in the final approval stages!

Oregon Trail will be the greatest game since ishoot!

Anyone play the Monopoly app yet? Any good?

Sirius Radio app will be awesome until they go BK

Young blood

Who plays Monopoly? Its one of the shittiest games ever invented.

BeBot is pretty cool for fans of bloom and such.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

I think i'm going to jail break my phone today since, once again, applying just the usual apple updates has completely fucked it. Wish me luck :P

good luck, please report back and share your new found glory/disaster

Well, that was easy enough (actually went more smoothly than applying Apple's updates on an unjailbroken iphone). Only took a few minutes.

One note -- I initially had problems on Windows, the QuickPwn app would get stuck on the first stage. It turns out that you have to have telnet, messenger and terminal services all running. (I'd disabled some of these because nothing else I run needs them). Once flipping them back on it was very quick.

When my phone restarted, I had service but couldn't make calls, going into airplane mode for 15 seconds and then back fixed that.

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    Well, that was easy enough (actually went more smoothly than applying Apple's updates on an unjailbroken iphone). Only took a few minutes.

One note -- I initially had problems on Windows, the QuickPwn app would get stuck on the first stage. It turns out that you have to have telnet, messenger and terminal services all running. (I'd disabled some of these because nothing else I run needs them). Once flipping them back on it was very quick.

When my phone restarted, I had service but couldn't make calls, going into airplane mode for 15 seconds and then back fixed that.
    The airplane mode might happen a lot. But it's worth it. Enjoy all the fruitfulness of jail broken phone.

Quote Originally Posted by vogina View Post
    Enjoy all the fruitfulness of jail broken phone.
    Could you elaborate for an iPhone newb?

Edit: nvm, reread the thread.
    Last edited by OnlyNonStranger; 02-16-2009 at 12:02 PM. Reason: duh