Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: iPhone apps

Default Re: iPhone apps

Damn...That's what I need to do. I'm not sure my department offers a discount though =(

vinylmartyr

I don't have internet at my new place yet so I tethered my iPhone to my laptop. Is this gonna make my bill go crazy? I have unlimited data.

At&T isn't going to offer tethering until 2010 so you probably are doing it with a hack or some other way.

The $30 dollars a month covers unlimited data.

Depending on how you are tethering, it may not detect it.

No word yet on how much AT&t may be charging for this service.

vinylmartyr

Just keeping it simple surfing answering emails. Not watching videos or downloading anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    At&T isn't going to offer tethering until 2010 so you probably are doing it with a hack or some other way.

The $30 dollars a month covers unlimited data.

Depending on how you are tethering, it may not detect it.

No word yet on how much AT&t may be charging for this service.
    You can do it with the hack but have to go back to 3.1.0 not the new updates with the picture text...

vinylmartyr

Yeah I never updated.

I just jailbroke my phone with blackra1n and it's awesome. I was always way too much of a pussy to try, but my IT guy here at work told me about it and how i can always restore it if anything goes awry. I can't believe it took me this long.

I have the 3G, and i can now record video and upload straight to youtube (basic on the 3gs, i know). I also can play pandora in the background which is great.

My favorite thing is Qik, where i can now stream live video feeds to my profile on the site. I really wish i did this a long time ago.

Any other cydia apps anyone recommends?
    Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

Young blood

Quote Originally Posted by CalmerThanYou View Post
    I just jailbroke my phone with blackra1n and it's awesome. I was always way too much of a pussy to try, but my IT guy here at work told me about it and how i can always restore it if anything goes awry. I can't believe it took me this long.

I have the 3G, and i can now record video and upload straight to youtube (basic on the 3gs, i know). I also can play pandora in the background which is great.

My favorite thing is Qik, where i can now stream live video feeds to my profile on the site. I really wish i did this a long time ago.

Please post link on how you did this. Im thinking its time to do it also.

It couldn't be simpler, took 30 seconds.

http://www.blackra1n.com/

Click on the Windows or Apple icon depending on what kind of computer you have.

Make sure you have the latest itunes and are on 3.1.2 OS for the phone.

Follow these instructions: http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-...ckra1n-zni327/

Yeah I jailbroke my phone too, the internet tethering was pissing me off so I just jailbroke it to bypass att&t

have you gotten any warnings from ATT? what tethering program are you using?

have you gone a month through while using the tethering? any info would help...

thanks

I've tethered before but I'm not sure if my bill was higher, I got no notice from ATT&T, but the internet connection was fast...

It's here...
    http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2009/11/...ning-os-3-1-2/

Young blood

thank you calmers.

enjoy.

do you have the 3g or 3gs?

If you have the 3g and want to take video, get cycorder. if you want to upload it straight to youtube, you have to get ppuploader from cydia (a video toggle that tricks the phone to think its a 3gs) then get pixelpipe (from the app store) to upload those straight to over 40 different clients directly (youtube, facebook, photobucket, etc).

hows the break going youngblood? Anything from Cydia that you've found that i should know about?

The break has been fucking with my phone, I reset my phone back to normal, but forgot to check the box sync contacts and lost all of my contacts, blackra1n would freeze with my ipod as the background and couldn't get back to my springboard, plus it didn't remember what song I was just listening to...

Glad you finally untucked your penis from your mangina Calmer. Backgrounder is by far the best. Insomnia is similar to it, except it runs WIFI. So in the case you get your balls back too Calmer, you can torrent files on it, and have them downloaded & transferred to your hard drive. And never think twice this is being done while your lady is nagging at you on the other end of the phone..

Things apple should have done: add on apps: point & push anywhere to snap a picture, video recording for 3G users, & megapixel upgrade are easy things to find on Cydia which seems you've already managed.

Tethering is something you need out of necessity. Traveling and occasionally finding having to pay for WIFI or no access at all, tethering my 3G to my laptop is obviously the better of the two.
    Last edited by vogina; 11-12-2009 at 12:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

^ finally someone will admit that jailbreaking isnt that cool
    And here's your tethering question coming to light. Today's informational post is provided by the letter WMGARETJAX

Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    Be careful tethering. AT&T will charge you data fees if the spike in use is noticeable. Happened to a friend of mine. He got a bill for $300.
    The problem is... He fought it a little, but they threatened to tell Apple he'd voided his warranty. I don't know if they'd really do it. But it's clear they have policies in place to fight this kind of thing.
    Yeah, I mean. The reality is my friend didn't have an internet connection, so his data usage shot up... I'm sure it was very obvious to them. If you are only using it from time to time and won't be using file sharing or anything, I imagine you'll be fine.
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

I stand corrected. And for the record, I still love your avatar.

Geno - That's terrible, i haven't had a single issue with mine. Sorry to hear.

Young blood

enjoy.

do you have the 3g or 3gs?

If you have the 3g and want to take video, get cycorder. if you want to upload it straight to youtube, you have to get ppuploader from cydia (a video toggle that tricks the phone to think its a 3gs) then get pixelpipe (from the app store) to upload those straight to over 40 different clients directly (youtube, facebook, photobucket, etc).
    where did you find the ppuploader?

j, im sorry, its called ppvideoenabler. search for this in the Cydia search area

this will allow pixelpipe to work with your 3g and trick it into thinking its a 3Gs

Root hack circulating through jail broken phones and touches. If you can't do anything else to your phone, you got it. Just restore and re jailbreak.

If you know more: reset your default password for openSSH and you'll be protected.

Jail broke my phone just now and got categories and video. I can't figure out tethering. Any suggestions on how to do that and other cydia apps i should get?

ATT found a way to disable tethering, there's no more tethering, bastards, I pay for unlimited data transfer then let my use it...

So I've found some apps I like...

Cardstar - You can take all of your club cards (Ralphs, Vons, Bev Mo, etc.) and put them all into your phone so you don't need to them with you. Just bring up the card and wave the phone over the reading device.

Pic2shop - You can scan bar codes off products and then it looks on the internet to compare prices.

Starmaps - Simply point your phone at the heavens to name any stars, planets, etc. that you want to know.

Coupon Apps - Coupious, Coups, Yowza and Valpack. All these apps instantly find your location and bring up digital coupons for surround businesses. Very helpful!

Take me to my Car - Free App to find where you park.

I got the kid an itouch for Christmas and it won't sync to itunes. We've tried everything-switching the USB port, locating the driver, downloading the new version of itunes, and reformatting the ipod. Nothing works. Anyone have any ideas? I've googled but all I can find are the above suggestions. Never had this problem with her Nano.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

just downloaded the kcrw app. 99 cents and you get streaming access to the station, but best of all they have a 24/7 streaming version of morning becomes eclectic, not to mention on demand for many of their shows, so you can listen to past episodes. totally worth it.

next up i am getting the 'this american life' app. that was just released.

Cydia only :

Backgrounder, allows you to keep an app open in the background when switching apps. I mainly use it for Pandora but it is useful for a number of applications. It also has a settings menu which allows you to set certain apps to always run in the background.
    "Give me women, wine and snuff
    Until I cry out 'hold, enough!"
    John Keats

Quote Originally Posted by vogina View Post
    you can torrent files on it, and have them downloaded & transferred to your hard drive. And never think twice this is being done while your lady is nagging at you on the other end of the phone..
    i still think torrenting on your iphone is pointless. why would i want to download shit to my iphone with slow-ass 3g connection, then transfer it to my computer that has a cable modem? thats retarded, it should be the other way around.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I have the Droid and this phone is lovely. I have an app called torrent fu. Forget downloading to your phone. You just configure your phone with the ports on your computer and you too could be a master media theif. Basically you can walk into a store, open your app, scan the barcode of a cd or dvd, the app searches for torrents, you choose which one and when you get home the movie should be almost done or waiting for you to watch.

Highly recommended. People talk shit about the droids apps compared to the iphone but this app is pretty damn great.