Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultra Music Festival 2009

Default Re: Ultra Music Festival 2009

But it seems different than other superficial places like select parts of California and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt
    I know it's hard, but try not to turn into GPS. It is just unfortunate for us all.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterGather View Post
    But it seems different than other superficial places like select parts of California and such.
    Explain how.

No.
    I know it's hard, but try not to turn into GPS. It is just unfortunate for us all.

Yes.

haha

I think its just that Miami people are more up front about their superficial-ness.

I've only lived in Miami for about 5 years, but I would agree that people are often very up-front about their fakeness. Or maybe it's just obvious? That being said there are plenty of wonderful people in this city, it just takes some sifting through all the shit. I love it down here overall though.

As for as Ultra being "bro-ish" I'll have to say that it is only to a degree. Ultra is an extremely international festival with attendees from dozens of countries world wide. To me it's more of an "electro-tweaker" crowd on the whole with some Euro-trash thrown in there. I don't know what is worse, bros or e-tards. Nothing against raving but plenty of people in that subculture are lame as hell. At least Bros will share drugs (@ Bonnaroo at least). I've never had a bad time at Ultra but it does pale in comparison to all the other festivals I've been too (Coachella, Bonnaroo, Langerado, ACL, Pitchfork). Not enough variety for my taste.

But fuck yes for Simian and Cut Copy.
    That which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music - Aldous Huxley

Hooked since '06

Check my latest music video

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    What time does the music start at Ultra?
    4PM Friday. Noon on Sat. sucks that it has to end at midnight. fucking Miami..

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    Oh my god, you have no idea...
    NO IDEA. HOLY SHIT.

ITS A DISEASE.

Honestly, I don't believe the Prodigy will be here this year.. or at least I hope not. I love the Prodigy but they were at Ultra in '06, and quite frankly they weren't that fantastic..their performance was lammmeee. They could have been so much more intense.

NOW CHEMICAL BROTHERS, HOLY SHIT. They played at Ultra in.....'04. It was a epic orgasm for 2 hours.. and the crowd was INSANEE. I'm REALLY hoping for them.

i approve of your avatar, rainbows.
    Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

Ultra?..like...michelob?

Quote Originally Posted by RAINBOWS View Post
    4PM Friday. Noon on Sat. sucks that it has to end at midnight. fucking Miami..
    It ends at midnite because Bicentennial park charges them a fuck load after midnite so they always turn of the power and get ppl out to avoid city fees. I think the Polo fields do the same thing, but im not really sure.

definatley looking forward to simian mobile disco, that will be a great show for that event. i missed last year, but i think i will check it out this year.

anyone that likes edm should check out the festival in detroit over memorial day weekend. the weekend ticket is only $40 and this year they had 5 stages over 3 days. i went this year while i was home visiting and decided to check it out. the new producers have really kicked it up a few notches and the line up was more than decent for the $40 price.

orbital would be sick at ultra

Quote Originally Posted by RAINBOWS View Post
    Honestly, I don't believe the Prodigy will be here this year.. or at least I hope not. I love the Prodigy but they were at Ultra in '06, and quite frankly they weren't that fantastic..their performance was lammmeee. They could have been so much more intense.

NOW CHEMICAL BROTHERS, HOLY SHIT. They played at Ultra in.....'04. It was a epic orgasm for 2 hours.. and the crowd was INSANEE. I'm REALLY hoping for them.
    i agree 100% prodigy were definitely not up to par when they played in 06, it seemed like the sound was fucked up or something, i remember not being able to hear them to well.

as always the chems would be a treat, bring back underworld too!
    Last edited by merznerve; 12-13-2008 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by merznerve View Post
    i agree 100% prodigy were definitely not up to par when they played in 06, it seemed like the sound was fucked up or something, i remember not being able to hear them to well.

as always the chems would be a treat, bring back underworld too!
    ok prodigy in 06' had those pyrotechnic flamethrowers that shoot up in the air...once firestarter started and they were not using the flamethrowers at all, I was just like this is gonna be lame, and it was, for the most part. how do you not use fire during firestarter...but they used it for other songs wtf

haha
    maybe technical difficulties?

Underworld blew a speaker last year too. Does Ultra just hire shitty sound people?

yeah i think ultra tends to be more disorganized than other fests at bicentennial, probably has to do with the insane amount of people and the size of the event, but i don't know, everybody there including a lot of the people working are just fucked up and loaded or trying to get fucked up and loaded, because its a festival, and its wmc, and this is the crowd it brings. there's only so many audio techs and production staff in miami, many of them probably get recycled around town throughout the week at different venues and stages. I don't think they have much of a choice really, unless the touring acts bring their own sound + production people, who knows really.

Quote Originally Posted by merznerve View Post
    yeah i think ultra tends to be more disorganized than other fests at bicentennial, probably has to do with the insane amount of people and the size of the event, but i don't know, everybody there including a lot of the people working are just fucked up and loaded or trying to get fucked up and loaded, because its a festival, and its wmc, and this is the crowd it brings. there's only so many audio techs and production staff in miami, many of them probably get recycled around town throughout the week at different venues and stages. I don't think they have much of a choice really, unless the touring acts bring their own sound + production people, who knows really.
    maybe they just don't give a fuck cause they all know we are all high off our asses when we are there and its not like we are gonna go up to them and complain
    Last edited by thelastmejia; 12-14-2008 at 05:04 PM.

Hey guys - wondering if someone could help me...

I’m from Australia and was looking to buy tickets to UMF 2009 - the only option that seems to be available however is post but i won’t be in Australia when they post them out on March 1 and I arrive in Miami on the 27th.

Does anyone know what I can do? Do they release PDF printouts or an option to pick up tickets from the venue?

Quote Originally Posted by luke_mcc View Post
    Hey guys - wondering if someone could help me...

Iím from Australia and was looking to buy tickets to UMF 2009 - the only option that seems to be available however is post but i wonít be in Australia when they post them out on March 1 and I arrive in Miami on the 27th.

Does anyone know what I can do? Do they release PDF printouts or an option to pick up tickets from the venue?
    What you can do is buy hard tickets from one of the many vendors in miami, and i think they may do a will call option later on. If anything do you have friends who live in Miami that could buy the tickets for you?

Who here went to Ultra the longest ago? Is that a correct sentence? I don't know.

I first went in 99, when it was ON the beach at 22nd street. In the sand. X was at it's peak and there was a damn open air drug market. Whoa. People having sex right out in the open as soon as the sun went down. Fucked up folks just sprawled out. I remember, like it was yesterday, stepping on some poor soul's arm who was fucked up and hearing it crack. Sorry dude. I also stole a case of Tequiza. Good times.
    I'm going to put your sidekick in my mojito.

Salah, I would definitely go to this rather than Langerado if I were you. Based on initial lineups, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiNate View Post
    , stepping on some poor soul's arm who was fucked up and hearing it crack.
    That is soo fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by JSam67 View Post
    Salah, I would definitely go to this rather than Langerado if I were you. Based on initial lineups, of course.
    I'm still deciding, as of right this second I'm going to neither since I don't have tickets. ULTRA is fucking expensive, so I may only go one day. I dunno, everything is expensive right now. Coachella has top priority (and The Roo but that's already taken care of)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

just bought my ticket yesterday...the prices went up to $130 but with rape in the butt charges it comes out to 179.95 so I would suggest that everyone get them soon cuz by the next price hike its gonna end up being 200.

I'm going to wait for the other phases of adds before I decide if I'm going.

The first phase is good but that doesn't mean the other phases of artist adds will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiNate View Post
    Who here went to Ultra the longest ago? Is that a correct sentence? I don't know.

I first went in 99, when it was ON the beach at 22nd street. In the sand. X was at it's peak and there was a damn open air drug market. Whoa. People having sex right out in the open as soon as the sun went down. Fucked up folks just sprawled out. I remember, like it was yesterday, stepping on some poor soul's arm who was fucked up and hearing it crack. Sorry dude. I also stole a case of Tequiza. Good times.
    Oh man, that sounds like a fucking hell of a time. I remember hearing about the Ultra's on the beach, but when they started in '98 I was only 13..

I started going to Ultra when I was 16, so...in 2001. I have no recollection of it at all..only seeing rabbit in the moon. specifically bunny's face with the black and white circles going around it..I have no idea what I did or who I saw..I think I was just walking around with my friends in complete and utter awe of what was going on, and feeling this heightened sense of unity for the first time was too intense for my memory to handle. haha.

Oh now I'm getting nervious. They moved Prodigy to their #1 friend on myspace...

oh shit.............................................. .................. could that possibly happen?
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    Oh now I'm getting nervious. They moved Prodigy to their #1 friend on myspace...
    NO...WAY.

oh wait... yes way, just checked.