Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tool for '09

Default Tool for '09

new album rumored to be in the works....who knows if we'll see it by march tho...
    Tool is one of the greatest bands ever, one of the most legendary and inspirational bands to grace this earth... missed my chance to see them at last coachella, as i was still too young....
    anywyas, TOOL FOR 2000 fucking 9
    Originally Posted by bobert
    With a little help from LSD and Tool, I found God at Coachella.......

Default Re: Tool for '09

it's too soon.

i think i would rather catch them on there own tour. one band i would really like to see that i have not yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Make up rumors of who's playing > keep track of who's confirmed > whine about where the lineup is > lineup announced! > bitch about how the lineup sucks > whine about what bands will be added > bands finally added! > whine about where set times are > set times finally announced! > bitch about how set times suck > goto show > come back and say Coachella was best ever! > start rumors for next year

My sources confirm that Tool will play Coachella 09.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Radiohead?

gay

No. Not yet please.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Way too soon for tool, and I'm a fan, and I even missed them in 06 because i was puking my brains out from heatstroke. I'll never forgive myself, since I missed YYY's and Massive Attack as well. But no, they shouldn't be back so soon.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Hippie

You guys say you're Tool fans but you're obviously not very big fans if you don't want them back next year. Was it ever too soon for the Chemical Brothers when they came back from 99-01, 01-02, 02-05? If Tool plays next year they'll play a completely different setlist from 06 and a whole new light show. Considering they're one of my all time favorite bands, "Hell fucking YES, I want Tool to play in 09!!!"

I probably would rather have A Perfect Circle at Coachella next year, to be honest. But I wouldn't necessarily complain if Tool headlines. I've never seen them put on a bad show. I just think GV could try a little harder to not have someone come back just three years later to headline again, when it took them 7 years just to have a repeat headliner (ironically, Tool) in the first place.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Quote Originally Posted by Backwater View Post
    You guys say you're Tool fans but you're obviously not very big fans if you don't want them back next year. Was it ever too soon for the Chemical Brothers when they came back from 99-01, 01-02, 02-05? If Tool plays next year they'll play a completely different setlist from 06 and a whole new light show. Considering they're one of my all time favorite bands, "Hell fucking YES, I want Tool to play in 09!!!"
    yeeeeaah, aint that the motha-funkin truth...
    Tool/Gorillaz for '09
    Originally Posted by bobert
    With a little help from LSD and Tool, I found God at Coachella.......

Hippie

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    I just think GV could try a little harder to not have someone come back just three years later to headline again
    By try a little harder you mean have The Killer's, No Doubt, and Jane's Addiction as the three headliners? I'd rather they not "try so hard" and just have Tool play again.

Too soon for Tool.

Quote Originally Posted by bdfsh View Post
    new album rumored to be in the works....who knows if we'll see it by march tho...
    Tool is one of the greatest bands ever, one of the most legendary and inspirational bands to grace this earth... missed my chance to see them at last coachella, as i was still too young....
    anywyas, TOOL FOR 2000 fucking 9
    greatest and inspirational bands ever????? negatory.

plus there fans were on the same page as rage fans, really annoying.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pocketphotography/
    i shoot all the shows you want to go to

I like to think of myself as one of the biggest Tool fans alive. I was about 5 rows of people from the front, or right behind the gay orgy that was going on for the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. I would love to see them come back, but that would be a serious long shot. Tool's M.O. is an album every 4-5 years and a 2 year tour to follow... that being said we are in the tail end of year 2 in there ceremonial 5 year hiatus. Tool is rumored to be in the studio recording a new album (although this is all coming for Maynard's mouth who has been known to play with the media)... Tool will be at Coachella again, look for them around 2011... APC reunion Coachella 09'
    "You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you dance with the reaper."
    -The Grim Reaper

Better Tool than No Doubt...
    Quote Originally Posted by seanzie View Post
    This year will be awesome, like every year.

Quote Originally Posted by pocket View Post
    greatest and inspirational bands ever????? negatory.

plus there fans were on the same page as rage fans, really annoying.
    what a wuss! LOL!

By try a little harder you mean have The Killer's, No Doubt, and Jane's Addiction as the three headliners? I'd rather they not "try so hard" and just have Tool play again.
    Dude, come on. It's not like the guy was "FUCK TOOL, BOOK JANE'S ADDICTION INSTEAD".

Plus... Lord do I hate aggro, metal head, "only here for *insert the name of the headliner*" fans. More than I hate people who'd only show up for Radiohead at a festival (like the stiffs at Underworld), and even more than Jack Johnson/Widespread Panic hippie bros. I do not want to hear people screaming "TOOL! TOOL!" during Massive Attack or an equally quality headliner.

If Tool never play Coachella again, I won't mind (mainly because I'll see them on their next insanely long tour), but the argument of "OH WELL, IT'S EITHER TOOL OR THE KILLERS" is fucking ignorant. There are better headliners to be had than the Killers that aren't Tool or RATM.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by bdfsh View Post
    Tool is one of the greatest bands ever, one of the most legendary and inspirational bands to grace this earth
    Hmmm. Why have I never listened to such an inspirational and legendary band?

Thank you, Lee.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Hippie

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    There are better headliners to be had than the Killers that aren't Tool or RATM.
    How do you know that they're available though? To be realistic, it's looking like slim pickens for headliners next year. There's too much wishful thinking going on with you guys. If Tool is available then they should definitely jump on the opportunity.

WP and JJ fans couldn't be any more different from each other.

Hippie

Quote Originally Posted by Gonshman View Post
    Hmmm. Why have I never listened to such an inspirational and legendary band?
    Good fucking question! You've really never listened to them? What do you listen to?

Good fucking question! You've really never listened to them? What do you listen to?
    Too much to list here.

Lots of bands I've been recommended to listen to... should Tool be one of them? There seems to be a such a division of opinion on them on this board.

The music you generally like would be helpful in determining whether or not you would like Tool. I find them too aggressive, personally...but I like wussy music. Nothing personal against the band, just not my cup of tea. I do love Maynard's voice, though.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Alright, well a quick rundown of some of my stuff: Radiohead, Arcade Fire, Aretha Franklin, James Brown, PFunk, David Bowie, Pink Floyd, Gogol, Public Enemy, NWA, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Daft Punk, Chemical Brothers, Aphex, Dave Matthews, Hendrix, Talking Heads. Anything and everything. If it sounds good, I'll listen to it.

Hippie

Quote Originally Posted by Gonshman View Post
    Lots of bands I've been recommended to listen to... should Tool be one of them?
    Um, let's see here .... YES!!!! Tool and Radiohead are the most important bands of the 90's, period. Yes, more important than Nirvana, in the big scheme of things.

Wait, so you seriously like Pink Floyd and Radiohead and you've never even once considered listening to Tool?!?! Wow

Aenima - download it

So people think it's too soon for Tool, but not for a number of the subheadliners from 2006 (Sigur Ros, Mogwai, YYYs, Franz...)? What kind of fucking logic is that?

Tool for '09