Thread: Anyone else from Australia Coming?

Default Anyone else from Australia Coming?

This'll be my first Coachella festival and I'm making the journey up from Sydney yippeee.
    The only thing is I'm comin up by myself so I'm a bit hmmmmmmmm. I'm trying to convince some friends and family to come along but it's not looking good.
    Camping buddies much appreciated!

Cheers

J
    Recent studies at Yale have shown that being an asshole is detrimental to one's health. Professor Sweetlove, a Psychology professor, came on record as saying:
    "Assholes and local desert rats tend to live shorter lives and have less consensual sexual relations than non assholes. It could be due to lower testoserone levels or a chemical imbalance in the brain but some people are just wired to be.... well.... assholes"
    Full story can be found here. AP

Default Re: Anyone else from Australia Coming?

I can empathise, I went to roskilde alone and it tripped me the fuck out. There are about a billion threads like this, which is probably why it got ignored, but it looked lonely so I thought I'd give it some company!
    There will inevitably be a massive forum meetup, and if all else fails PM me and hopefully you aren't annoying

flying air new zealand on the 25th?

Where abouts in syd are you? the two of us will be in LA for 2-3 days before driving to coachella, renting a car, not too sure about accom yet!?

From reading the formums on here, theres quite a few of us from Sydney making the trip over.

Its our first coachella too, not sure what to expect really!

Hello fellow Aussies... we're coming over to spend a romantic honeymoon with 50,000 others!! Can't fricken WAIT!!

From Perth (don't hold that against us) and will try to remember to have an Aussie flag flying from our tent, so if you spot us amongst the thousands of other tents, drop by!

is that a quoka (is that how you spell quoka), nice, apparently no flags so i was going to go in our national dress, wife beater singlet, stubbies and a pair of double pluggers.
    There he goes... one of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind nevereven considered for mass production. -Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Me and 3 others are heading over from Adelaide. Hiring a car from LAX and camping at coachella. Can not wait!!!

TO ALL YOU FELLOW AUSSIES... ANOTHER THREE ARE ON THE WAY.. CANT WAIT TO GET THERE..WE ARE COMING FROM BRISBANE AND SYDNEY........YOU BETTER ALL BRING YOUR FLAGS... AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OI OI OI........

make that another from syders... silly really going half way round the world to see a band! oh well. meeting three other sydney mates who are currently in london.

One band? You can't tell me you aren't at the very least psyched about crowded house...

hmm.. well i think... umm.. i might be ...um... busy when they are playing, bummer.

Of course there are other acts I want to see, but like a lot of others it is really all about RATM. the rest is a bonus. A three day long bonus!

Hey guys...

My wife, my mate and I are coming from South West Sydney.
    We are getting in to LA on the 21st and doing the tourist thing then heading to Coachella in an RV then to Vegas for three days after Coachella to get remarried by the King and act out Fear and Loathing... to a degree.

Did any one else just get pissed and say 'Fuck it, let's go!'?
    PM or email 'klacey@woolworths.com.au' to talk cod shit about Coachella!

P.S. I'm with Mike Skinner, I red-heart flags, but flags are not allowed in Coachella. This isn't some lame Big day out shit, they just don't allow flags in general, I think people holding them up gives punters the shits!

I'm thinking more along the lines of new tattoos, any one else up?

Quote Originally Posted by kennycarly View Post
    Hey guys...

My wife, my mate and I are coming from South West Sydney.
    We are getting in to LA on the 21st and doing the tourist thing then heading to Coachella in an RV then to Vegas for three days after Coachella to get remarried by the King and act out Fear and Loathing... to a degree.

Did any one else just get pissed and say 'Fuck it, let's go!'?
    PM or email 'klacey@woolworths.com.au' to talk cod shit about Coachella!

P.S. I'm with Mike Skinner, I red-heart flags, but flags are not allowed in Coachella. This isn't some lame Big day out shit, they just don't allow flags in general, I think people holding them up gives punters the shits!

I'm thinking more along the lines of new tattoos, any one else up?

Big day out needs less flags, just turned it into a nationalistic circlejerk of racism and white supremacy. Wasn't fun.
    Roskilde has massive flagpoles everywhere and it takes jedi reflexes not to get decked by them - probably better off without.

There will be a fair whack of aussies at coachella, every music festival has a bunch of aussies there guaranteed.

Lurker

i'm coming from brisbane by myself. but i'm thinking i'm not looking to find australians to hang with. whats the point none of us can offer a bed to anyone, damnit. but maybe i'll see you around. peace

im an aussie coming in from london with 3 others (all aussies, maybe also a kiwi?? cant recall, was to drunk). we to are following a fear and loathing theme (booked the big red convertible last week, that fcuker will leave a carbon footprint to rival the grand canyon, now just to fill the trunk with all the essentials) between the festy and Vegas. will be back in vegas after the festy so might catch you there if not before at the festy.
    There he goes... one of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind nevereven considered for mass production. -Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Yeah man!

I'm heading for that roof top theme park and circus circus!

I was really expecting something different out of this thread, given the thread title.
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ▓░░░░▓░░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓
    ▓░░░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░░▓░▓
    ▓░░░▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓░░░▓▓░
    ▓▓▓░▓░▓░▓▓▓░▓▓▓░▓░▓

Check out my ANZAC Day Thread in the Coachella Lounge!

HEY! Yes me and a mate are coming from Brissie!! Do you know the dates yet as we need to book out contiki tour around our trip out to Coachella.. Hmm hiring a car sounds like a good idea..We were going to catch a bus out there and just stay in a hotel somewhere...camping would be a whole lot better but with all our luggage ..not too sure if that will work!

Hey, yeah me and my boyfriend are planning on making the trip from Sydney but we'll be hitting New York, Las Vegas and Anaheim first!

Lurker

Hi to all! Hailing from Melbourne, now without a boyfriend, still want to make the trip! Hoping to catch up with fellow Aussies, maybe camp nearby so I have some relaxed people to hang with. Also maybe want to get to the airport a few days earlier, run around town first! Not sure if this is still being checked, if not or if anyone looks in still I'v started a new thread on jan 12, so please try there too! can't freakin wait!!!
    When we signal each other, just make a sound like a dying giraffe... DOOO WAAAAP DOOOOOO WAAAAP!!!

Lurker

SORRY, HAVE STOPPED THE OTHER THREAD. PLEASE POST HERE!
    When we signal each other, just make a sound like a dying giraffe... DOOO WAAAAP DOOOOOO WAAAAP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nouli View Post
    Hi to all! Hailing from Melbourne, now without a boyfriend, still want to make the trip! Hoping to catch up with fellow Aussies, maybe camp nearby so I have some relaxed people to hang with. Also maybe want to get to the airport a few days earlier, run around town first! Not sure if this is still being checked, if not or if anyone looks in still I'v started a new thread on jan 12, so please try there too! can't freakin wait!!!
    Yeah I went last year, best fucking time of my life.
    I'm going again this year from Brizvegas (moved intersate back in august) with a whole crew this time. I think there should be about 20 of us all up, some friends I met last year and some from oz and some from US/Canada. You're more than welcome to chill/camp with/near us
    I'm booking myself to get there on the tuesday or wednesday, go shopping for shit on thursday and than drive out again. Prolly doin vegas after as well.

Can't wait I'm counting down the days
    You goin to the BDO in melbourne?
    Recent studies at Yale have shown that being an asshole is detrimental to one's health. Professor Sweetlove, a Psychology professor, came on record as saying:
    "Assholes and local desert rats tend to live shorter lives and have less consensual sexual relations than non assholes. It could be due to lower testoserone levels or a chemical imbalance in the brain but some people are just wired to be.... well.... assholes"

I gotta say, you ozzies are alright

I was living in Melbourne last year (southbank initially, then moved to altona meadows), working for a comp peripheral distributer. Had the time of my life down there, seriously. Part of me regrets moving back (but atleast im local for coachella now lol) I'd like to move back there sometime soon for a while longer, possibly this July, or after I finish up college.

Anyway I'll be camping probably, so it would be cool to chill with some peeps who know wtf footy is lol.

go cats~

I did the trip in 07 and am thinking about doing it again (just gotta wait for the lineup). Even if you can't find anyone who will make the trip across with you (because it ain't a cheap trip), do it by yourself and meet people in this board - I did that and it worked out fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Psicosis View Post
    I did the trip in 07 and am thinking about doing it again (just gotta wait for the lineup). Even if you can't find anyone who will make the trip across with you (because it ain't a cheap trip), do it by yourself and meet people in this board - I did that and it worked out fantastic.
    Sure it's a cheap trip..... maybe start boning a travel agent hehehe (or if you are a travel agent :P)
    Gots to love the $679 plus tax industry fare!!!! Alternately, get yourself a fake IATA card (lots of places in thailand do them) and buy your ticket off breakaway travel club as an industry member.
    http://www.travelclub.com.au/

I'm there no matter what the lineup is, it's about the Coachella experience, it's like no other. I've done Woodstock (99), Glastonbury, Leeds & Reading Festival, Creamfields, Gatecrasher, Big Day Outs, Fuji Rock, Countless Warped Tours (back in the US in the 90s, back when it was good, not the paltry excuse for a tour they tried to bring to oz) and heaps more and Coachella shits over each and every one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrus View Post
    Sure it's a cheap trip..... maybe start boning a travel agent hehehe (or if you are a travel agent :P)
    Gots to love the $679 plus tax industry fare!!!!
    Yeah but it's not just the airfare, it's everything else that surrounds the trip that becomes costy. If I'm flying for twelve hours, I'm gonna live it up when I get there

I'm there no matter what the lineup is, it's about the Coachella experience, it's like no other. I've done Woodstock (99), Glastonbury, Leeds & Reading Festival, Creamfields, Gatecrasher, Big Day Outs, Fuji Rock, Countless Warped Tours (back in the US in the 90s, back when it was good, not the paltry excuse for a tour they tried to bring to oz) and heaps more and Coachella shits over each and every one of them.
    I haven't been to as many festivals as you have, but the atmosphere at Coachella doesn't compare to any other one I've been to, to a point where five to ten artists I like would be enough to make me go (unlike most fests here in Oz).
    Up Next: Cobra Starship, Gogol Bordello, Talib Kweli & Jean Grae

true, very very true.
    Livin it up is the ONLY way to do it when you're there. I think I spent like $1500 (AUD) in the weekend I was there. This is booze/class a's/shirts/clothes/bags/rental car/misc shit though.
    Last time we hried a mustang convertible to cruise out to coachella in. Put the top down, turned the tunes way up and fucking rocked it all the way to indio. Lovin the sound systems in these rental cars
    In fact.... I think I'll make my reservation now for the car lol
    Last edited by Gyrus; 01-14-2008 at 02:54 PM. Reason: adding more detail

Woohooooo got my ticket, fuck yeah it's official booooooya!

To poster #1

I'm from Scotland but been living in Sydney for past six years. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go to Coachella again this year. I've been to the last two so can let you know what to expect if you want to message me.

Wasn't planning on going this year, especially with the less than stellar line up, but I got a free ticket after last year's debacle then found out this week I'm getting a very hefty payout from my job, so I'm on that plane. Reckon I will stop off in Hawaii for a week first, then maybe a few days in LA and Mexico before the festival.
    A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory