Page 9 of 286 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

Hairspray with fat John Travolta is my favorite movie EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

Cherita Chen, you're needed now more than ever.

Borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrn in the USA...

Also, my God, note to show tapers - if you're going to be the only person able and willing to record a heavy security one-off event in relatively high quality, please don't then sing over it with such a surreal degree of tone deafness.

Badass. Also, apparently The Box soundtrack is gonna have a full on release. I can't fucking wait to hear what Arcade Fire want the 70's to sound like. I barely know what a Mellotron is, but I'd like one.

EDIT:

Full recording of Tunnels from the other night. I can't work out whether it's Win's bolero jacket type thing, or just the perspective, but it makes him look like he's got enormous legs and a tiny little head.

This does boost the odds of that rumored appearance at the Merge thing considerably, doesn't it?

What's the Merge thing? I'm totally out of the loop with AF

I promise to post up some good pics I have of AF from Sasquatch, both '07 & '05.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    I promise to post up some good pics I have of AF from Sasquatch, both '07 & '05.
    Do so urgently.

Quote Originally Posted by saxomophone View Post
    What's the Merge thing? I'm totally out of the loop with AF
    Merge records are having their 20th anniversary festival thing in North Carolina this summer. Aside from Obama stuff and the odd charity thing, it's the only thing I can think of this year that might get them out of hiding.

I'm very doubtful, to be honest, but I wouldn't have predicted the Obama ball either, so who knows.

http://music.mync.com/2009/01/merge-...usic-festival/
    Last edited by MissingPerson; 01-25-2009 at 02:22 PM.

The other day someone posted a much better video of the Born in the USA cover. So, I ripped the audio. Enjoy!

Born in the USA.mp3 - 5.44MB
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman
    Lingo, shut the fuck up. You look like a goddamn cancer patient and your analogy is idiotic. Also, The Black Keys are unlistenable garbage, you unbelievable fucking dork.

1/18 Volcano Choir - The Fonda
    1/22 Vampire Weekend - USC
    2/14 Spiritualized - Ace Hotel
    3/8 Mark Kozelek - First Unitarian Church
    3/18 Kraftwerk - Walt Disney Concert Hall
    3/19 Kraftwerk - Walt Disney Concert Hall

www.facebook.com/mlingo

http://www.last.fm/group/Coachella+Forum

Sweet.

It's mind boggling to me how much internet whining is going on about them playing Born In The USA though.

Really? What are they saying? I thought it was a good cover. And Win/Will grew up in Texas, so if that's what people are complaining about, they can go die.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman
    Lingo, shut the fuck up. You look like a goddamn cancer patient and your analogy is idiotic. Also, The Black Keys are unlistenable garbage, you unbelievable fucking dork.

1/18 Volcano Choir - The Fonda
    1/22 Vampire Weekend - USC
    2/14 Spiritualized - Ace Hotel
    3/8 Mark Kozelek - First Unitarian Church
    3/18 Kraftwerk - Walt Disney Concert Hall
    3/19 Kraftwerk - Walt Disney Concert Hall

www.facebook.com/mlingo

http://www.last.fm/group/Coachella+Forum

That's pretty much what they've been whining about yeah, that an apparently Canadian band was playing the American inauguration.

Which is hilarious, I mean, even if you consider Arcade Fire a totally Canadian band, it's not like Jeremy Gara's presence at the Staff Party personally put 1,000 Detroit steelworkers out of jobs or anything.

No offense to the steelworkers, it's just that I don't think their drumming during Black Wave is especially impressive.

Edit:

Goddamn, I am totally in love with this song.

Last edited by MissingPerson; 02-02-2009 at 01:51 AM.

Fun fact: The Neon Bible hotline was costing Arcade Fire $1500 a month.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

what was the neon bible hotline?

1-800-NEON BIBLE

Phone number Arcade Fire started spreading around. It was before the album's name was widely known, so people weren't always actually sure what they were calling. You rang up, and somebody would answer the phone, usually either Will or Richard.

Later on, when word got out that it actually really was them, they set up an automated answerphone service. It still never said at any point that it was the Arcade Fire's number you were calling, it just sounded like the creepiest self-help hotline ever. Pressing different digits asked you different questions or played previews of Neon Bible songs or whatever, and sometimes, they called you back.

Anyway, people really ran with it. They told fairytales or stories about their lives or just tried to explain why they loved the band or whatever, but they got a huge number of calls. It was cool, it turned into a kind of PostSecret thing. Just people wanting to talk to them. You can hear some of the messages on the Neon Bible website, and there's a bunch of them all through Miroir Noir.

My two favourites being:

Little girl's birthday.

Very unimpressed dude:

There's another pretty arresting one in the film from this guy who just sounds completely lost in his life, like really profoundly unhappy. Must be weird to get somebody calling you with something so intense just 'cause you make some songs.

EDIT:

People who say you can't buy happiness are stupid. Or at least, people who say you can't trade a vintage analog synth for it.

http://montreal.en.craigslist.ca/msg/1014410110.html
    Last edited by MissingPerson; 02-04-2009 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post

hahaha awesome!

is that win?

haha ya, thats so cool. Win and Zach

Yup.

He's a **** pong wizard, that Butler.

[EDIT: Argh. Table Tennis then]

And once more for good measure;

And since I'm at it, I also think these are kinda cool:

do you have some kind of table tennis fetish?

also, it's cool they performed with bjork. was that coachella? or elsewhere?

Me personally, no. I have no strong feelings regarding Table Tennis, one way or the other. Them indie types seem to love it though.

I think the Bjork thing was in Australia, I'm not sure though.

I'll try to get those pics sorted and uploaded soon. I found a couple of pics of them (AF) sitting on the ground at the back of the stage at Sasquatch '05 watching Wilco's set.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

I'll bet they sit-on-the-ground-watching-Wilco awesomely.

And I said urgently, dammit.
    Last edited by MissingPerson; 02-05-2009 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    I'll try to get those pics sorted and uploaded soon. I found a couple of pics of them (AF) sitting on the ground at the back of the stage at Sasquatch '05 watching Wilco's set.

were they playing table tennis?

Doesn't count unless they were playing Table Tennis with Wilco.

Sporting force to be reckoned with, those folks.

MP, do you have a copy of Lenin?

Yup. It's a fun little rocker.

I can see why it didn't make it onto Funeral though.

Sarah Neufeld sez:

While youíre touring with Bell Orchestre, is Arcade Fire talking about recording a new album? Will you be caught in between both?

Yeah, Iím imagining it will be something like that... my gut tells me before 2010.
    http://www.westender.com/articles/en...re-is-dampened

So, yeah, here's hoping for this year.

And bow the fuck down to Sarah Neufeld, you mannerless savages.

AY DIOS MIO!

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    And bow the fuck down to Sarah Neufeld, you mannerless savages.
    I read that a little backwards. that sentence could be very interesting for dyslexic people.

Ah.

Well, best leave it as it is. Liven up the dyslexic's dya.