Page 6 of 286 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

And incur their mighty God wrath?

I think not...

Also, my net connection isn't nearly good enough. I might youtube a couple of bits and pieces though.

Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

I really, really have tried to like Arcade Fire. I have listened to both Funeral and Neon Bible on multiple occasions, and I just can't get into them. All I really want to do when I listen to Arcade Fire is to start listening to The National. I have no idea where this reaction comes from?

Ironically, myself and most of the AF forum went to The National together earlier this year.

I like The National a lot, but I find it kind of hard to get worked up about them. Mistaken For Strangers is the only song where I think I can hear what everybody else is loving.

I think some of 'em have a Whirlyball cameo in Miroir Noir...? Somebody who got a better quality download than me might confirm...
    Last edited by MissingPerson; 12-23-2008 at 01:58 PM.

So Lenin sounds exactly like a T-Rex song. It's weird.

Nice, but it wouldn't have sat happily on Funeral or Neon Bible or anything. Marc Bolan-edition Win Butler is a less jarring concept than I would have imagined.

EDIT:

Also, you know it's nice that Arcade Fire throw me a bone now and then and don't go so far, far out of their way to play up to the creepy joyless church freak image that certain people have of them.

Sigh.
    Last edited by MissingPerson; 12-25-2008 at 08:27 PM.

Boxing Day Present!

Free download of Burning Bridges Breaking Hearts at http://www.miroir-noir.com/download/

The Burning Bridges download is no longer available, apparently.

I hope that's not the last we hear of that track, neither, I want vocals, dammit.

So apparently there's a slight chance of AF-ish involvement in the Merge twentieth anniversary stuff. I'm dubious about them showing for the actual fest thing - at least not as "The Arcade Fire" - but they might surface for some of the related promo discs or whatever.

Cute New Order cover.

Substantially better than the instantly and massively regrettable Joy Division cover with U2. God, that was horrible.

I like your new avatar! and, um Arcade Fire is good.
    Chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot piiiieeeeeeeee!

Thank you, thought it was time to retire the swimming/ drowing girls for a while, although I remain concerned that at 75X75 the tightrope walker looks a bit like a knob with cake icing on it or something.

And yes, they are. Good for them.

I wish they'd fucking hurry up and make some noise though, I'm twitching like a creepy war widow over here. Roll on "Late 2009/Early 2010"...

That's what that was?

Haha. Knob. Heh.

Yup, came from the little flip-book that came with Neon Bible. You flip it one way, they're swimming to the surface to breathe. You flip it the other, they're drowning. Thought it was nifty.

Now let's all take a moment to appreciate Will Butler.

I'll play along. I love Will (and this thread).

Fuck Beck.

Look at that hair right there.

Outstanding.

Bright Eyes + Crack - the two guys no one care about =

Also, he's not as instantly dislikeable as Conor Oberst.

He and Spencer Krug look uncannily alike sometimes though.

Anyway, onwards, to more Will Butler Appreciation:

Oh sweet Lord of Hosts.

EDIT: Oh, and -

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

why are we all calling him will now? I thought his name was win?

Win's the lead singer dude. Vocals/ Guitar/ Keyboard.

Will is his notably foxy younger brother, who plays Bass/ Synth/ Some sort of weird electronic manipulation thing/ Percussion/ Back of Richard's Head.

Will on the left, Win on the right.

...Hardly the least flattering Regine pic, but then again, this is Will Butler Appreciation.

Even Arcade Fire can't quite sexy up the Accordion, can they?

Ha! It's an impossible task, it would seem. Now the hurdy-gurdy, on the other hand...

Arcade Fire was my first concert (I'm 18 now).

arcade fire changed my life maaaaaan

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

hmm. education. good.

I'd like to add that the hurdy gurdy is not sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by JSam67 View Post
    ...Hardly the least flattering Regine pic, but then again, this is Will Butler Appreciation.

there is no will butler in this photo

and that is a very unflattering photo of regine.....in some videos, she doesnt look that great, but in some videos like the ones from a festival (i think "t in the park') she looks really good

That's not Will Butler on the left? Playing the bass? Weird.

No, it's Win. A very young looking Win, but Win nonetheless. He has a curious charm of his own.

And Régine, I think you have to see her moving to get it.

When does he play bass for them? Damn, he looks like Will in that, my bad. And I love Regine. I'm at her mercy when they perform Haiti live.

Yes indeed. She's really something when she gets going.

Will and Win don't always look alike, but sometimes they're the freaking spit of each other to an uncanny degree. In some of the really really early videos of shows floating around, you'd absolutely swear it was Will you were looking at. I forget which songs Win might play bass for. Haiti I think, maybe Tunnels sometimes? Not sure.

Anyway, I love a good game of Holy Shit, that's Win Butler?!? so let's go with that for a bit.

You know what's funny?

There's enough people in this band for me to do a Band Member of the week thing for nearly three months.

Just a thought...