Page 3 of 286 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

Hippie

Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

I already disliked AF but now that I find out they live in a church, I really dislike AF. If one of the intentions of this thread was to turn people on to them then it's backfiring.

Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

No, not really. I just... hate seeing that name at the start of the other thread. It was bugging me.

Besides, who wouldn't want to live in a church?!?

You can can go have dinner on the pipe organ! You can dry your pants on the altar! You go and sit in any pew in the whole place! You own God's house!

I'd love to live in a church. Or some kind of hovering doom fortress.

Maybe some sort of Ice Palace.

Yes, any of those would be cool.
    Last edited by MissingPerson; 11-30-2008 at 04:31 PM.

CHUT UP!!

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    Glad to have you on my side Blink. It's fun over here.
    Pff. Our side has Cars & Telephones, and a guy called Win. A guy who's actually literally called Win.

Literal Win.

You can't argue with that.

You have no idea how much I hate the fact that his name is Win. No idea. He is a massive reason why I dislike AF. I don't know why, I can't explain it but I see his face and I just get angry. I have to look at my avatar to cool off
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Hippie

What are some of your other favorite bands MP?

You have no idea how much I hate the fact that his name is Win.
    Dude, if your parents called you Edwin, you'd try and find a cool way out of it too.

I didn't know they lived in a church, or that they were even married. Whoops.

Edwin is so much better! It's like changing your name to Topher from Christopher, except not nearly as cool.

If anyone can make me see the AF Light, it's you MP. But I think we have to meet face-to-face for this
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Someday man, someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonshman View Post
    I didn't know they lived in a church, or that they were even married. Whoops.

I wish I had even half as many Beck/Jack White pictures as you do Arcade Fire

Pff. My Arcade Fire photos aren't stuck together is all.

(I'm sorry, it was just so easy...)

What are some of your other favorite bands MP?
    Most of them are listed in the Get To Know thread... but I'm a big Death From Above fan. LCD Soundsystem, Man Man, Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins...
    Last edited by MissingPerson; 11-30-2008 at 04:50 PM.

I wasn't even expecting that kind of joke. You caught me off guard and I can usually smell them from a mile away. Touche my friend

I'm not toucheing nothing.

(On a roll tonight, I am.)

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    But of course June 2nd, 2007. The first night was also fantastic but there was something so magical about night 2, maybe it was the fact that they had to come back out again after the last encore to finish rebellion(lies) because the crowd would not stop singing it, never seen that before, ever.
    apparently I was the only person who didn't enjoy that show. then again, I really did not like neon bible. I was hoping I would enjoy those songs more live, but no.

the first time I saw arcade fire, at the download festival in mountain view in 2005, was a totally different story. I had never heard their music before (I know, shoot me). they almost brought me to tears.

The Neon Bible stuff is tricky. Ocean of Noise is a gorgeous, gorgeous song, but it hasn't got a whole lot of momentum. You can't really slap it in right after Power Out or anything. My Body is a Cage is either the most astonishing live song ever, or it just doesn't work at all. Windowsill is one of the worst songs they've ever written.

The stuff off Funeral is way more forgiving, any band on earth could make a decent fist of a song like Wake Up.

Antichrist Television Blues would make that whole album worth hearing even if it was just that track though.
    Last edited by MissingPerson; 12-20-2008 at 07:26 PM.

It actually took Neon Bible to get me into them, specifically Black Mirror, Keep The Car Running and Intervention.

I've admitted that I really like "Intervention", cuz you know what? I really do

You've admitted more than that . . .

No. Now stop it if you know what's good for you....

You don't have to be ashamed. It's better out here on the outside. Sure, kids may laugh, call you dirty names like "indie" or "hipster," but it's such a relief to be live and love and listen to Arcade Fire without hesitation, without doubt, without fear.

Let him go, SoulDischarge. It's not fair. He can come out of the big Arcade Fire lovin' closet in his own time.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

i'll also take a moment to rant about their use of the hurdy gurdy, and how I can't hear what it adds at all.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    apparently I was the only person who didn't enjoy that show. then again, I really did not like neon bible. I was hoping I would enjoy those songs more live, but no.
    Wow, I was with a few other people that really disliked the second album and they still admitted that show being a defining moment for them, as far as live shows go... Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

After a weekend of Spongebob binging, I felt inclined to google "Handsome Squidward". Fucking GREAT episode, but I digress...
    I was going to compliment you on it, but then you changed it It was a fucking creeptastic, hilarious episode, though.

I love Funeral way more than Neon Bible; I thought the actual songwriting (not the instrumentation) was much more lacking. Yet, on their own, they both function as two timeless albums.

Backwater, is there ANYTHING you like? (BESIDES THE FUCKING GORILLAZ?) You seem to step on everything.

I did a piano cover of "Tunnels." It's laying around somewhere on the internet. Let me go find it...

Quote Originally Posted by kitt kat View Post
    IBackwater, is there ANYTHING you like? (BESIDES THE FUCKING GORILLAZ?) You seem to step on everything.
    Funny. Backwater was just accused in the Bonnaroo thread of being the guy that likes EVERYTHING just to claim he has the widest variety in taste of music. And you just accused him of the opposite.

This board is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

I've admitted that I really like "Intervention", cuz you know what? I really do
    that song popped up on my Pandora about an hour ago. bleh.

btw, i loved the Squidward, but classic Beck avatar is classic Beck avatar.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

Quote Originally Posted by kitt kat View Post
    I was going to compliment you on it, but then you changed it It was a fucking creeptastic, hilarious episode, though.
    I fell back in LVE with SpongeBob this weekend. Seriously, I cannot think of a show that produces more lols per minute than that. I'm gunna go out on a limb here and say that you love Fairly Oddparents too, right? That show is GENIUS

Hippie

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Funny. Backwater was just accused in the Bonnaroo thread of being the guy that likes EVERYTHING just to claim he has the widest variety in taste of music. And you just accused him of the opposite.
    Well Mr. Dylanja isn't retarded, unlike some posters ...
    Last edited by Backwater; 11-30-2008 at 07:17 PM.