Page 272 of 286 FirstFirst ... 267268269270271272273274275276277 ... LastLast
Results 8,131 to 8,160 of 8561

Thread: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

1.funeral
    2.reflektor
    3.neon bible
    4.the suburbs

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Default Re: MissingPerson's Official Lovely Non-Threatening Arcade Fire Joy Parade.

Funeral
    The Suburbs
    Reflektor
    Neon Bible
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Releasing more tickets for tonight at 2PM: http://concerts.livenation.com/event/09004B57CA497962
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

anyone have any luck?

I got one, and promptly gave it to another boardie.

I got one! I know some others that got some as well.

fuck yes! i'm in

100 will be released at box at 8pm if u go that route and count more than 100 in front of you. Head to a different party.
    Last edited by moviebruin; 10-31-2013 at 01:57 PM.
    Concert Schedule
    Dips All Day Everyday.
    http://instagram.com/moviebruin

I like the moments during It's Never Over and Afterlife (and even Flashbulb Eyes) where it sounds like a lost Talking Heads album. I think it's better than Funeral.

Quote Originally Posted by corbo View Post
    1.funeral
    2.reflektor
    3.neon bible
    4.the suburbs
    With you on this
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

As am I.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater
    Tycho - 9/20 - Emo's
    Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

Too early to rank. Wait 6 months
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Anybody up for hanging out free the palladium show? Name a bar. I don't know this area well enough. In line now, the band just pulled up and got out of a limo with the heads on and a Mariachi band playing. Waved to the crowd and headed in. So excited!!
    COACHELLA- 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 (wk 1 & 2), 13 (wk 1 &2), 14 (wk 1 & 2)

Tonight was a lot of fun. It was nice hearing Headlights Look Like Diamonds for the first time in forever. Also, Uncontrollable Urge and Joan of Arc (although Regine could have enunciated her parts a little louder. It looks like I'll have to wait to hear Awful sound live as Power Out, Sprawl II, and Haiti continue to take up valuable, yet cliche space.
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yea-Yea-Yea-Yea-Yea-Yea-Yea-Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Tonight was a lot of fun. It was nice hearing Headlights Look Like Diamonds for the first time in forever. Also, Uncontrollable Urge and Joan of Arc (although Regine could have enunciated her parts a little louder. It looks like I'll have to wait to hear Awful sound live as Power Out, Sprawl II, and Haiti continue to take up valuable, yet cliche space.
    Headlights no flipping way ahhhhhhhhhhh i'm so jealous!!!!!

Sounds like an awesome show i'm glad you had a good time.

EDIT:
    Suprefan has a pretty good video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ggUPfxQKlo
    Last edited by ameeps; 11-01-2013 at 12:13 AM.

Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    August
    1 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    2 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    4 - Arcade Fire - Santa Barbara Bowl
    8-10 - Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park
    14 - Death From Above 1979 - Troubadour
    20 - The Strokes - Chelsea at Cosmopolitan

Yes. An amazing show tonight. I was towards the back for most of it, but hopped on the tail-end of a conga line that was making its way through the crowd during "Here Comes The Night Time" and eventually ended up right at center stage. I didn't think people would let us through, but they did! We watched the encore from right near the front. I would have liked more older material but I've seen them before so it was nice to hear the new stuff too. I think my favorite song from the new CD (on the album and in concert) was probably "Normal Person"...

DEVO! fucking Devo! Seriously that cover had me spazzing the hell out. What a show last night! Although I enjoyed Tuesday night more because the crowd was way more into it, and felt like an event as opposed to another show(way more communal I feel). Heard during the DEVO cover: I didn't know this was an Arcade Fire song! Is this on the new album? I don't recognize this Arcade Fire song. WTF? really? There were a bunch of people in their 30's and 40's around me. Either way, last night was a blast. I'm glad I made the drive, now to survive work. Thank you Tallguy, and Neutral for helping with a ticket. I was showering when you guys called me, messaged me on facebook. I got the ticket about 20 minutes before the show started.

EDIT- I loved hearing Joan of Arc but they fucked it up a couple times, all is good though.

Oh you lucky bastards. So rad they played Devo.

Fantastic show -much more energetic than I thought it would be, primarily due to playing Power Out second (think it got everyone going nicely) + HLLD and the Devo cover. Worth using the presale code. New songs are great live - Normal Person was the standout for me.

Most of Tuesday's show in HQ available at http://www.musicexperiment.com/city/los-angeles/#mud-1

Huge thanks to Corbo (Josh) for the last minute ticket. You are a gentleman and a scholar. As for the show. Wow!! Best AF show I've ever seen. They are absolutely on fire right now and the new stuff sounds great live. It was a giant dance party from start to finish. The Devo cover and HLLD made a special night that much more special. Afterlife, Reflektor, It's Never Over (oh, Orpheus) and Here comes the night time were the winners out of the new songs to me. After the show Win played a DJ set that included some great tracks (Helter Skelter, Do Ya Thang to name a few) that was a blast!!

This show honestly will probably end up in my top 5 all time shows. It was that good. See you at Coachella AF!!
    COACHELLA- 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 (wk 1 & 2), 13 (wk 1 &2), 14 (wk 1 & 2)

Arcade Fire to headline Lollapalooza Chile 2014 (from AF tube)

9/18 Kode 9/Mala/DJ Spinn @ Verboten
    9/19 The Replacements @ Forest Hills Stadium
    9/19 Andy Stott/Function/Vatican Shadow/Demdike Stare @ Output
    9/20 There Will Be Blood Live @ United Palace

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post

Arcade Fire to headline Lollapalooza Chile 2014 (from AF tube)
    Yes. Confirmed by CNNChile.

Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    August
    1 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    2 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    4 - Arcade Fire - Santa Barbara Bowl
    8-10 - Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park
    14 - Death From Above 1979 - Troubadour
    20 - The Strokes - Chelsea at Cosmopolitan

Quote Originally Posted by ameeps View Post
    Yes. Confirmed by CNNChile.
    Looking at last year's Lolla Chile line-up, there weren't too many bands that played Coachella too so this is a very good thing! No Daft Punk at Lolla Chile = pretty good chance DP will be back @ Coachella next year

9/18 Kode 9/Mala/DJ Spinn @ Verboten
    9/19 The Replacements @ Forest Hills Stadium
    9/19 Andy Stott/Function/Vatican Shadow/Demdike Stare @ Output
    9/20 There Will Be Blood Live @ United Palace

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Looking at last year's Lolla Chile line-up, there weren't too many bands that played Coachella too so this is a very good thing! No Daft Punk at Lolla Chile = pretty good chance DP will be back @ Coachella next year
    Brilliant formula
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

No Daft Punk at Lolla Chile = pretty good chance DP will be back @ Coachella next year
    9/21 - Caetano Veloso - Hollywood Bowl
    9/26 - William Basinski - Pasadena Arts Council
    9/28 - Bob Mould - Roxy (?)
    10/01 - King Crimson - Orpheum
    10/10 - Thurston Moore/Sebadoh - Echoplex (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

A million people have said "Devo cover" and "Devo song" - what song did they play?
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

uncontrollable urge

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    A million people have said "Devo cover" and "Devo song" - what song did they play?
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yea-Yea-Yea-Yea-Yea-Yea-Yea-Yeah!
    9/21 - Caetano Veloso - Hollywood Bowl
    9/26 - William Basinski - Pasadena Arts Council
    9/28 - Bob Mould - Roxy (?)
    10/01 - King Crimson - Orpheum
    10/10 - Thurston Moore/Sebadoh - Echoplex (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare